Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a nice surprise this morning. Wasn’t expecting that at 7am on a Saturday morning. Nevertheless, I wish it was an agreement for all showdowns so we could genuinely celebrate knowing that we’ve finally won the battle and can move on and focus on winning games of footy. As another “once off” Collingwood sell this as another win for them and not us.

At this rate we will need to continue to negotiate perpetually with Collingwood every time we want to wear it, surely a long term agreement makes more sense.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well that was unexpected.

Looks like it’s already sold out as the adult option doesn’t appear on the website just the youth.

Good signs especially if the AFL sees how much $$$$ we can make off them.
Sold out after 2 hours? Is that a ****ing joke….. not happy!!!!

Looks like that’s it for pre order. Only way now to get one is in store on Friday 17th.

I just so happen to be interstate that day ffs.

Must be a limited number we can sell.

Common sense prevails.

(Just noting that Collingwood don't mention that their B&W stripes were diagonal when they first started - doesn't fit the narrative )

It was quicker than that in most sizes. I checked well over an hour ago and there only a couple bigger sizes left.

Seriously do they want to make money down there? The Port store looks like best and less with the some of the crap in there, when they release something people want they sell out before most people are up, absolute bullshit

Good news, but that letter from Collingwood was so full of BS. And the fact they hold all the power it seems in allowing or denying us wearing it shows how pissweak the AFL is.

Was a nice surprise this morning. Wasn’t expecting that at 7am on a Saturday morning. Nevertheless, I wish it was an agreement for all showdowns so we could genuinely celebrate knowing that we’ve finally won the battle and can move on and focus on winning games of footy. As another “once off” Collingwood sell this as another win for them and not us.

At this rate we will need to continue to negotiate perpetually with Collingwood every time we want to wear it, surely a long term agreement makes more sense.

Once a year, EVERY year, for the home game of OUR choice (except the Wobblers - and never again the Camries) until the world ends.

That would be a good start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As expected really given the deal with Collingwood was only done in the last day or so so they’ve only placed a small order to start.

The ‘sell-out’ headlines will generate heaps more interest in the story (and more demand for the jumpers) - putting yet more pressure on the AFL to see how popular this is with members.

That's my glass half full take anyways.

Instore on Wednesday (as per Kochie) or instore on Friday (as per the email)?

Left hand does not know what right hand is doing!

Whilst it’s great to get the PB’s again, it’s still once, in a home Showdown. Even here the ‘we want to wear in all Showdowns’ has been watered down by the club to trying to get in all home ones.

Hopefully we don’t embarrass it with a classic Hinkley performance, but at this point I’d expect Collingwood (why are they still involved?) to stop it next year, so it doesn’t become a real stepping stone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back