Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Give me a *en break!

It's not that hard to have 18 different guernseys, so if you want to be in the comp that we cofounded in our black and white striped jumper before you changed from magenta, then you can get with the program, wear teal and STFU.

And your jumper defines you? I guess theft and lack of originality defines you then!

And you only lifted our black and white stripes and Magpie branding from us because you ran out of dye. What a proud and defining moment...

If for 100+ years in your supposed cofounded league your supporters have coped with rival clubs wearing the same jumper designs, then it's not that hard for the small minded to cope with a design that's different, a unique one at that, even if the colours are the same, after all, the rest of the world copes with it every week. You must be very proud that your club wear the black and white vertical stripes, the one that they lifted from the early South Aussie state jumper. Yeah, there's plenty of telecasts of us in our defined black and white jumper in umpteen winning grand finals, and in numerous exhibition games against Vic clubs across the decades.

Congratulations for Port fans who will get to see their traditional Prison Bar jumper on an AFL field once again.
In order for Collingwood to agree to a permanent arrangement for it to be worn in Showdowns every year, I think it's reasonable that Port agree to wear a predominantly teal away/clash strip. Having a black/grey/white away jumper doesn't work.

Having a black/grey/white away jumper with a V design doesn't work but Collingwood having an all white jumper with a V-ish Magpie design, like Freo and our previous/current white clash jumper does work. Yeah ok. Will you guys ever grow up?

But the black and white stripes are ours in this competition.
They're actually not though. You may not have heard, but Port Adelaide will be wearing a jumper featuring black and white stripes in Round 3 next year. Isn't that exciting?

Never has been about the stripes or bars. It's about the colour of the stripes that you clearly "borrowed" from us in 1902.

Wear a dark magenta prison bar uniform. Or all Silver. Then we don't give a s**t!

You complain about replying posters ‘playing the man’.

And now you come back for the umpteenth time into our territory with your lantern jaw stuck out.

It’s about the design. Our traditional design is only partly vertical bars. We have a pronounced horizontal bar that you don’t have … that you have never had.

Now go away and play your dumb games in your own back yard.

How did this get kept so quiet, and how did only 1 random facebook page know the night before?
Given that it was on the front page of the print edition of this morning's Adverister it's amazing it was not common knowledge last night. Having access to a digital subscription I knew well before receiving the email from the club.

Congratulations for Port fans who will get to see their traditional Prison Bar jumper on an AFL field once again.
In order for Collingwood to agree to a permanent arrangement for it to be worn in Showdowns every year, I think it's reasonable that Port agree to wear a predominantly teal away/clash strip. Having a black/grey/white away jumper doesn't work.
Lol, lmao, rofl. I shouldn't engage as you're the worst poster in this thread but I'm feeling the afterglow of this announcement. Not only is that not reasonable, your last statement is just not true. What hasn't worked about it for the last decade? Literally what are you talking about man?

I'm sorry you had to take such a big L but I think you and your other bed wetting mate in this thread should take the L and quietly stop posting here forever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what you mean here. The club hasn't been able to sell the AFL version for a few years now.
Pre-orders went up early this morning and were filled by the time I posted that.

Never has been about the stripes or bars. It's about the colour of the stripes that you clearly "borrowed" from us in 1902.

Wear a dark magenta prison bar uniform. Or all Silver. Then we don't give a s**t!

You are aware that Collingwood’s colours were borrowed from the South Australian state uniform that predate your club’s existence right?
F909C2E4-9A2E-4EEC-98A8-1FD357869626.jpeg
Source: footyjumpers.com

Yeah, but the alternate point of view is that they do look near enough the same and I would think that point would be easily legally defensible.

I mean, Blurred Lines is technically different to Got to Give It Up, but let's not pretend that they're too close to being the same thing.

And we're not soccer. We're a small competition in an outpost island continent. We can and should have different strips in the same comp.
the thing is the prison bvars ARE ENTIRELY DIFFRENT that your kit, always have been, always will be. different design. just the same colors as yours. cope and seethe

I have never been greatly interested in how any poster rates in the likes department, but the larger than usual disparity between Figgy boys 20k posts with only 4k likes is quite obvious, which could suggest he is either not that popular on his own club site or many of his posts have been trolling other clubs, but I suspect it's more likely to be the former.

Good name to post correlation.

How anyone could be worried about a silver away jumper I'll never know.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not worried about it, it's just bland and ineffective as a clash strip whilst a predominantly teal strip would clearly stand out from the dark home strips of teams like Collingwood, St Kilda and Essendon.
We do not have to have a teal strip.

LOL a coll supporter talking to us about clash strips, oh the irony.

I'm not worried about it, it's just bland and ineffective as a clash strip whilst a predominantly teal strip would clearly stand out from the dark home strips of teams like Collingwood, St Kilda and Essendon.
Except it is effective. If it was ineffective, the AFL would realise this, as they did in the 2014 Elimination final and Richmond's guernsey.

126daa57be6b98d97372fa77c469c42dca8cc811

Tangent, anyone wonder what happened to the Trent McKenzie guernsey?
a1273e1cd1973627304da36b6a154a18

44 of em stuffed in a box somewhere in Ken's shed?

For what it's worth, I agree, we need a predominately teal away strip for Collingwood and St Kilda games (vs Essendon I think grey is fine). Similarly though, Collingwood needs a predominately neither black nor white Guernsey for away games against Geelong and St Kilda, Geelong needs something other than blue and white stripes when away to Collingwood, and Richmond/Carlton/Essendon all need to actually be forced to actually wear their away guernseys when there is a clash. None of this should be controversial thoughts in a professional league.

Neither, though, should be a club wearing it's most notable Guernsey to celebrate their heritage.

The league needs to step in and actually put out a proper Guernsey policy and have it be the same for every club. And that means if other clubs get to wear their heritage guernseys when they want (avoiding clashes as away teams), which they seem to be able to, then so should Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back