Competitions Brisbane board mock draft 2018 - Round 4 on the clock/happy now luthor?

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Pick 48:

As per a suggestion from eth-dog, Essendon’s first live pick after a great trade period is Will Walker.

Looking at a few mocks, he actually appears to be a player with good upside, who will help strengthen Essendon’s midfield with the retirements of both Watson and Stanton. A Mid/Forward with a good leap, decent size, and whilst he looks like he can kick a goal or two, could also could become a solid inside/outside mid. Looks to have good upside, needs to work on a few things (kicking), but at this pick, could become a very decent, solid player. Not much more you could hope for at pick 47 in a somewhat weak draft. Estimated draft range seems to be between 35-45 in general. I like Snoops write up – (see below)

# 34 Sydney

WILL WALKER – SANDRINGHAM DRAGONS / MIDFIELDER & FORWARD / 187cm

Former soccer player who has had a super impressive finish to the year at TAC level including their finals where he absolutely dominated some of their games. He is athletically tall mid who I think will fill out pretty well and has some resemblance to Josh Caddy at a similar age. Very good at winning the ball inside the contest, he is exceptionally clean with his hands and propels his team forward. Can really rack up the touches and has a really nice feel for the game. Equally can go forward as he did this year and kick 2-3 goals and often in pretty quick succession. There are some questions on his kicking and having watched him a lot I get it but equally some of his ball use is very good. He probably just needs to bridge that gap but he has the tools to do it.

luthor, over to you....

Last edited:
Pick 50 - Toby Wooller (193cm, 90kg, general forward/inside midfielder)
Same story, different player. Looking for flexibility and players with potential to develop as inside midfielders. Wooller plays mostly up forward where he provides a strong marking target, while also having the ability to play as a big-bodied inside mid. Hard to go past at pick 50 (#35 in Knightmare's phantom, #39 in Bishop's).

jason pm choose wisely!

Last edited:
Pick 51, Sydney Swans- Ryley Stoddart.

Don't know much about this kid and am purely selecting him here because one of the phantom drafters that I really like (Chris25) has him ranked at 18 on his power rankings board. Below is a brief description of him from Chris.

Wouldn't have been high on the draft radar last year, but has had a very good season after making the move from forward to half back. He's a good runner out of the back lines, and also a nice kick. So has the two key traits that clubs are looking for.

You're up Dom PC , go Lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 52 - Tom North (186cm inside mid)

My rational here is that we need some inside midfield depth. From what I've read he has a good build already, so he could potentially get some senior games next year.

Sorry for the long wait everyone!!!

Last edited:
Pick 53 - Richmond - Jake Patmore - small defender
Diversity is what Richmond need and Patmore gives them a versatile good ball user and tackler to add to their arsenal.
From http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-21/draft-hopeful-patmore-sheds-10kgs-after-frank-advice
He averaged nearly 23 disposals and four tackles, and clicked into top gear in WA's last game with a 32-disposal effort in the triumph over Vic Country.
But Patmore really exploded upon his return to Claremont's colts side.
In the second half of the season he had leather poisoning, racking up 39, 42 and 48-disposal games to help guide two-time defending premiers Claremont into the Grand Final against East Fremantle.

Good choice Irel, Patmore is highly rated by some astute judges, wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 27-37 range.

Pick 54 - Nathan Kreuger (196cm, 89kg, tall utility)
I've seen a few clips of Kreuger and he definitely has some tools to work with. Can play all over the ground, moves pretty well, and gets involved in contests at ground level. Seems a relatively good mark. Kicking was a bit hit and miss in the clips I saw, he hit a few nice passes but also turned it over on occasion. At 196cm and with good agility and athleticism, I reckon he's worth a punt here. Still very raw and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him develop into a quality player at the AFL level.

irel have at it.

Unbelievably in a so called shallow draft there are still a few choices that I think will appeal to Richmond. I am considering small forward Dylan Moore or a tall inside midfielder such as Mat Day (ideal for Brisbane selection pick 52) however Richmond love their VFL players and there is one that is a ready made for them. So:
Pick 55 - Richmond select Bayley Fritsch - general forward
Richmond can add to their forward line numbers with a ready made, clean left footer to give them more forward options.

Last edited:
Don't want to sound picky but thread title needs amending to "Round 4 is underway"
How about “Might be finished before the National draft but probably won’t be”

We could have a competition on how many picks will be done by 7pm Friday. My guess is 60 max.

56 Collingwood - Dylan Moore

Height, Weight: 175cm, 66kg

Summary Profile: Outside running midfielder and forward with clean skills. Starred at national combine in endurance testing and has developed a reputation for running out games strongly.

Champion data ranks him #9 out of all draftees... very happy he fell this far.

57 - Nick Shipley

Going local with a GWS academy lad. An actual GWS local rather than 'really that's their zone' pick. Late to the game but tested well at the combine and had a good All Stars game.

Bit of a lazy pick by me but there is something to work with and the fact he will be on their list is a real sign of development for the sport in general

Remove this Banner Ad

Back