Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans Sunday 21st June 1:10pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably similar for Rowbottom as well.

Not the worst thing Heeney got a break and now Rowbottom.

Just odd sort of to go from hitting numbers game time to 0. But wont pretend to be a doctor
If you asked me the three players we need fit and firing in September, I would say Heeney, Rowbottom and Grundy. They're our contested core and we won't do shizen in finals without them on song. That's two out of the three now getting at least a week off, hopefully we round it out and give Grundy a rest in the coming weeks, too.

If you asked me the three players we need fit and firing in September, I would say Heeney, Rowbottom and Grundy. They're our contested core and we won't do shizen in finals without them on song. That's two out of the three now getting at least a week off, hopefully we round it out and give Grundy a rest in the coming weeks, too.

A fit Mills would be up there too, hence being careful .

oh well I trust them

Absolutely need to give Grundy a rest. And not a bad thing getting a game into Ladhams just incase he has to step into the big time.

We will have to wait until Friday 5pm final 23s but i seem to remember people saying no way of Corey Warner over Wicks and also Parker over Wicks but 3 weeks later who would have thought

The argument by our KC was appalling and showed he had little knowledge of the AFL rules.

A good lawyer gets Charlie off. We turn over 40-50 million dollars and our representation looked like a newbie with no understanding of sport.

Good luck to Charlie. Isaac should have a good look at his clubs effort.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Back 7: McCartin - Melican - Rampe - Florent - Blakey - Cunningham - Roberts

Middle 8: Grundy - Warner - Heeney - Gulden - Campbell - Lloyd - Jordon - Adams

Forward 7: McDonald - Amartey - McLean - Papley - Hayward - Fox - Parker

Sub: One of Mitchell or Warner Jr

Able to swap Adams and Parker between inside mids and forward. Same with a few others like Campbell and Jordon between either halfback and inside mid/wing or half forwards and inside mid/wing.

EDIT: Whoops, mistakenly had Mills still in with Fox out.

Last edited:

Middle 8: Grundy - Warner - Heeney - Gulden - Adams - Mills - Campbell - Lloyd

Forward 7: McDonald - Amartey - McLean - Paplet - Hayward - Jordon - Parker

Able to swap Adams and Parker between inside mids and forward, Same with a few others between either halfback and mids or half forwards and mids.
Last week we ran McInerney, Gulden, Jordan and even Lloyd at our centre bounces. We have alot of versatility.

Middle 8: Grundy - Warner - Heeney - Gulden - Adams - Mills - Campbell - Lloyd

Forward 7: McDonald - Amartey - McLean - Paplet - Hayward - Jordon - Parker

Able to swap Adams and Parker between inside mids and forward, Same with a few others between either halfback and mids or half forwards and mids.
Id say Corey should be Sub because he has better versatility

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amartey is leading the goal kicking

Has Sam Reid ever done that?
Nope, but there is a reason why he is an emergency and he will need to replace someone if he were to come in 🤷‍♂️nevertheless, it's good to have him back and to keep pressure on the seniors, whether he plays again or not.

Before the game last week, Benny Matthews said that the intention was to sub Mills out halfway through the third to manage his load. Unfortunately, Jmac’s injury put a stop to that. Effectively he has done three quarters of an hour game time more than intended. Not surprised they rested him this week.

I am shocked that a pre-planned sub has not worked out due to an injury, which of course is an extremely uncommon occurrence.

That's why you don't pre plan to sub anyone in particular.

Amartey & McLean going to need to step up with Sam Reid breathing down their necks.
Do they?

Amartey is our leading goalkicker and McLean has been doing the ruck/forward role as well as we could hope.

Obviously they need to keep maintaining the standard of performances they have been this year, but I don't think they need to "step up." I think Horse & co would be quite satisfied with more of the same from them.

Before the game last week, Benny Matthews said that the intention was to sub Mills out halfway through the third to manage his load. Unfortunately, Jmac’s injury put a stop to that. Effectively he has done three quarters of an hour game time more than intended. Not surprised they rested him this week.
As dumb of a plan as that is (not surprised) - I simply cannot fathom how an extra qtr of footy would affect him to the point that it stops him playing 8 days later.

I am shocked that a pre-planned sub has not worked out due to an injury, which of course is an extremely uncommon occurrence.

That's why you don't pre plan to sub anyone in particular.
100% you let the VFL suffer a little bit with a pre planned sub/ back seat as its not as damaging compared to the AFL

Nope, but there is a reason why he is an emergency and he will need to replace someone if he were to come in 🤷‍♂️nevertheless, it's good to have him back and to keep pressure on the seniors, whether he plays again or not.

Yeah they need to name x amount of players, how many times had Ladhams been on the extended bench

Middle 8: Grundy - Warner - Heeney - Gulden - Campbell - Lloyd - Jordon - Adams

Forward 7: McDonald - Amartey - McLean - Papley - Hayward - Fox - Parker

Able to swap Adams and Parker between inside mids and forward. Same with a few others like Campbell and Jordon between either halfback and inside mid/wing or half forwards and inside mid/wing.

EDIT: Whoops, mistakenly had Mills still in with Fox out.
Mitchell or Corey as sub? Yikes

Mitchell or Corey as sub? Yikes
Not much else they could have done tbh it was either Mitchell/Warner or Wicks as sub as i don't think they would go with a tall as sub and i honestly think Wicks needs 2-3 weeks in the twos just to get some form back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back