How many weeks?

Votes: 39 28.5%

Votes: 30 21.9%

Votes: 59 43.1%

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Still crying that Danger got done are we
Its got nothing to do with Hawthorn at the moment so stop trying to score cheap points.
This is a broader problem the AFL have created for themselves......
We may not like it but the AFL is the common enemy here
Agree.

My point was the previous hawthorn supporter demanded suspension for grundy who whacked an opponent into the turf.

Thats fine but to be consistent cant drop off if own clubs players in coming weeks do same

Just saw the video on AFL.com.

Just like Koby Stevens earlier in the year.. Grundy tackled him the way every footballer has been taught from a young age. Take the player legally with their arms pinned, so they can't dispose of the ball, and take them down sideways.

I'm a St.Kilda supporter so I class myself as objective in this incident. Grundy did everything right.. everything. He also got the free kick from the umpire (like Stevens!). He dragged Brown to the left and unfortunately Brown flayed around and squirmed during the tackle in a position that resulted in him falling face/temple down instead of what would have been arm or shoulder first.

If Grundy releases the arms just before he hits the turf, Brown could feasibly dispose of the ball correctly.

So I ask you, what is he supposed to do?! The AFL can't keep suspending players who do the right thing, surely? Or are they just covering their tracks legally by admitting they have no other choice but to keep suspending players based on the outcome of the health of the player?

RMan

It's BigFooty. Tribalism kicks in.

Geelong supporters think suspending Dangerfield was a travesty. Collingwood supporters will take the same approach with Grundy if he is suspended. And so on.

Objectivity isn't big around these parts.

I think that answers your question.

So it was nothing more than a cheap point scoring attempt.
Nothing to see

It's BigFooty. Tribalism kicks in.

Geelong supporters think suspending Dangerfield was a travesty. Collingwood supporters will take the same approach with Grundy if he is suspended. And so on.

Objectivity isn't big around these parts.

I think that answers your question.
Not a travesty

It is what it is

Just expect consistency

Pinning both arms is the perfect tackle when the head of the person being tackled doesn't hit the ground.

Players generally don't go headbutting the turf, so it's reasonable to assume it's the tackler gaining ascendancy in the tackle that causes the injury(or potential for injury). It's the tackler's responsibility to perform the tackle in a way that their head does not hit the deck. It happens many times a game. Learn the technique.

No just intetested if pious hawthorn fans accusing others demand same of own team. Would have thought a pretty easy question
Fair comment. full of shit when a player from a certain club (ours *wink*) is up on a charge, Bartel will get him off is often muttered. Fair question imo.
go you pups summed it up. This shall be interesting, gets 1 week or less and Cook should be on the phone to Gillon demanding answers. This should be 2 minimum based on last weeks soft suspension where Kreuzer was near BOG today.

Not good for Brown seeing him off to hospital.

Agree.

My point was the previous hawthorn supporter demanded suspension for grundy who whacked an opponent into the turf.

Thats fine but to be consistent cant drop off if own clubs players in coming weeks do same

So Hawthorn supporters cant have an opinion now....even if others are of the same opinion.
All we ask for is consistency and the AFL to get their shite together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing helping Grundy is that the way Brown was taken to ground, was still in the first motion of the tackle, not a secondary sling. It won't help anyway though.

Edit: There's such a fine line between what it is considered a dangerous tackle. The secondary (forceful) sling to the ground is what they're trying to eliminate, but with Danger getting suspended last week, that idea is out the window.
Both have been slam tackles, not sling tackles.

Both rugby codes penalise the type of tackle that Dangerfield was suspended for. The problem is that in Aussie rules you are penalised for landing in the back, meaning it actually creates more danger for the head as you're trying to land in the side (more range of motion in whiplash, sides of the head are more vulnerable on impact than front and back)

Change the rules re the back - it's there to protect players on the ground contesting the ball, rather than fairly soft and incidental contact, and we will see the dangerous tackles subside

Danger definitely deserved to go, and I wouldn't be surprised if Grundy got a week. (But then danger only got 1, and Grundy wasn't as bad ) That was horrible.

Pinning both arms is the perfect tackle when the head of the person being tackled doesn't hit the ground.

Players generally don't go headbutting the turf, so it's reasonable to assume it's the tackler gaining ascendancy in the tackle that causes the injury(or potential for injury). It's the tackler's responsibility to perform the tackle in a way that their head does not hit the deck. It happens many times a game. Learn the technique.

This post. End of discussion.

Danger definitely deserved to go, and I wouldn't be surprised if Grundy got a week. (But then danger only got 1, and Grundy wasn't as bad ) That was horrible.

Grundy wasn't as bad?

Do you even watch football? Kreuzer's shoulder made contact with the ground before his head did. Grundy slammed Brown head first into the ground.

Brown off to hospital means impact will be graded as severe = 3 weeks down to 2.

You think Danger's tackle was worse? He at least tried to roll him over. Grundy just plowed Brown straight into the turf.

Sheesh you Collingwood fans are something.

Should get off. the issue was Dangerfield tackled and drove a players head to the ground without the ball, Grundy's tackle was great just unfortunate that Brown got smashed

The ball was gone cause Kruzer threw it out.

Many great tackles occur without concussion. Obviously doing something wrong if you land a player head 1st into the ground, especially Ethiad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brodie Grundy tackle on Ben Brown

Back