Brodie Grundy tackle on Ben Brown

How many weeks?

Votes: 39 28.5%

Votes: 30 21.9%

Votes: 59 43.1%

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Did both Dangerfield and Grundy have both arms pinned? Yes.
Were both Kreuzer and Brown concussed as a result of the tackle? Yes.

Both players should be suspended then. Simple as that. Either both are cleared or both suspended. Can't have one of each.

Of course all the Cat supporters are out here demanding Grundy gets more than 1 week. We play them in 2 weeks and we all know how they can't beat the Pies.

Except if it's a grand final. ;)

yeah I am, he has been screwed over a bit. I don't think the image of Brown shouldn't come into MRP consideration. Yes definitely the injury does. End of day danger got a week so Grundy will, but both players I don't think should have been/get suspended.
I mentioned image, because of the Waite suspension earlier in the year. The AFL is all about maintaining a certain image in cases such as these.

So did the umpires it seems!
The ump that made the decision on the Grundy/Brown tackle was so dumb he took no action when it was clear Brown was in trouble. Took the ump 40 metres away to run up and stop play.

Grundy is gone. The reason Dangerfield copped a week was because Kruezer was concussed and didn't return to the field of play. Had there been no injury he'd have been fine. Didn't seem to affect Kruezer yesterday btw.

Brown's concussion was worse in that he was stretchered off and spent a night in hospital under observation.

The concrete like surface a Crapihad didn't help either tackler.

I mentioned image, because of the Waite suspension earlier in the year. The AFL is all about maintaining a certain image in cases such as these.
Sorry ,is interpreted what you meant. yes I agree

The ump that made the decision on the Grundy/Brown tackle was so dumb he took no action when it was clear Brown was in trouble. Took the ump 40 metres away to run up and stop play.

Grundy is gone. The reason Dangerfield copped a week was because Kruezer was concussed and didn't return to the field of play. Had there been no injury he'd have been fine. Didn't seem to affect Kruezer yesterday btw.

Brown's concussion was worse in that he was stretchered off and spent a night in hospital under observation.

The concrete like surface a Crapihad didn't help either tackler.

Stupid stuff by the ump. Must have been living under a rock the past week plus Grundy was in the back anyway.

Not to be a smart arse but the surface doesn't help the bloke getting tackled. Huge safety concern etihad.

Two movements in the tackles.

Two weeks down to one.

538064-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

what is a helmet going to do, concussions are caused by the brain compressing against the skull in a sudden jolt. All a helmet will do is stop him from getting a cut head
I hear this argument a lot but wouldn't the thickness of the helmet (assuming it's a soft shell) help absorb some of the impact? Perhaps it's not thick enough to do much, but surely it would help a little.

Last edited:
I hear this argument a lot but wouldn't the thickness of the helmet (assuming it's a soft shell) help absorb some of the impact? Perhaps it's not thick enough to do much, but would surely it would help a little.

Of course it does.

No gridiron player would last 3 years otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Careless/high/high I assume. Is probably the correct ruling. Certainly didn't intentionally brain him, but it was his decision making and technique that caused the KO. Hard to argue against high impact, considering he out on the ground so long then in hospital for observation. Nothing but respect for Grundy's response to the incidence FWIW.

It's the second action that stuffed him. He was already tackling him before he decided to go with the second motion and throw him to the ground.

2 weeks is harsh though.

It's the second action that stuffed him. He was already tackling him before he decided to go with the second motion and throw him to the ground.

2 weeks is harsh though.

he didn't throw him to ground. brown tries to kick the ball and lifts his foot and then all their combined weight is on browns left leg. then its

''''''''''''''"TIMBER"''''''''''''

That is a joke that he gets 2, should get 0. AFL have nfi and succumb to media frenzy again.

careless conduct with high impact to the head

high impact definitely

careless? not a chance was that careless. He tackled brown well or maybe slightly in the back. It was the left motion that eventually led to brown dropping the ball and the free kick.

Further browns head was the last per of his body to hit the ground, wasnt driven into the ground but simply fell to the ground in the tackle.

this is litterally just before his head it the ground, you can see he is lying flat on his body before he hit the ground.
2GFmIJt.jpg

Had grundy not done what he had, then brown would have been able to maintain possession and as such grundy was encouraged by the rules of the game to make a second action during which brown was in possession of the ball and as such completely entitled to do.

Should it now be a free kick every time a player's head touches the ground in a tackle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brodie Grundy tackle on Ben Brown

Back