Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think you've come to too many firm conclusions. I'd like to discuss it for the next 2 years and see if we can flesh out the grundy issue a little. I dont think enough analysis has been done yet. And besides, I just love chatting about him....

I havent seen much in this thread about his new haircut.... he seems to have shaved it more on the sides. I like it but I'm open to more discussion
It's strange. He played his best footy with a man bun, but then the bun stopped working for him. It must be a difficult decision for Grundy to know whether to bun or not to bun.

I said I agreed with the club’s decision. I‘m happy with how things stand.

I‘m just pointing out that all those who banged on about him being finished should have a think about their one-sided thinking. I am pretty sick of people who can’t see that life is complex.

No life is pretty simple. It’s people like you who look for the complexity to justify your position.

I’m certain you’ll be back in here next week when the Dreamons and Soy Boy come up against the powerhouse that is the WeeGirls and their extraordinary ruck division.

Just for perspective. Freo had 70 HO’s today.

What will Soy Boy need as a pass mark.

Let’s say 50…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's strange. He played his best footy with a man bun, but then the bun stopped working for him. It must be a difficult decision for Grundy to know whether to bun or not to bun.

It's hard to really make a decision on that one. Interesting question. We should discuss it further this year.... I'd like to run a poll. I think the results would be interesting..

No life is pretty simple. It’s people like you who look for the complexity to justify your position.

I’m certain you’ll be back in here next week when the Dreamons and Soy Boy come up against the powerhouse that is the WeeGirls and their extraordinary ruck division.

Just for perspective. Freo had 70 HO’s today.

What will Soy Boy need as a pass mark.

Let’s say 50…

well he got 25 today so i think you're being a bit hard on him. I'd say somewhere around 30 but I think we should run a poll to see what everyone thinks. It's a fascinating question...

It's hard to really make a decision on that one. Interesting question. We should discuss it further this year.... I'd like to run a poll. I think the results would be interesting..
I'm hoping he doesn't grow it back. It'd be great to get a solid chuck of bunless data to make a comparison. We could line it up against the interesting data on his milk choices to get to the bottom of his decline with us.

What are their stats over their careers? That will tell a more complete story.

What have their entire careers got to do with it. What their outputs currently are is the only measure necessary.

Or do you want to pin Soy Boy’s AA medals to beat your chest with.

What have they done lately…..that’s all that counts.

Relying on poor or underdeveloped ruckmen is less of a problem than relying on key defenders with the same limitations. And also, Markov is 188cm.

The point is, people shouldn't be lamenting that we don't have Grundy, they should be lamenting that we don't have another decent quality tall back in our team that would allow Frampton to ruck.

Defensive depth was always a bigger concern for our list, ruck injuries are just bad luck.

Oh I agree with that but key defensive injuries are also bad luck. That said, Dean hasn’t played a game yet and Howe is always an injury risk.

Murphy has been a revelation an pd Frampton has been a canny recruiting decision.

I'm hoping he doesn't grow it back. It'd be great to get a solid chuck of bunless data to make a comparison. We could line it up against the interesting data on his milk choices to get to the bottom of his decline with us.

The problem with this kind of research is that you're changing a few variables and you might think there's a correlation between his footy and his bun, but there isn't. I think we need to discuss it more...

Anyone who thinks Grundy is finished and isn't going to play any good footy over the next few years is kidding themselves. But he's also very unlikely to get close to justifying the amount of contract that we were able to clear.

3 rucks and Kreuger injured for the next few weeks and we'll probably get a bit of carry on about missing him, claims of a big mistake that the club made, but it's a ridiculously short term point of view - in comparison to the 5 years of very big money that the decision covers.

I'm not missing him. He's a Melbourne player, what's to miss. I just find the negative hyperbole ridiculous. Even in what many claim were poor years he was still ranking in the top 4-5 rucks in the league.

The problem with this kind of research is that you're changing a few variables and you might think there's a correlation between his footy and his bun, but there isn't. I think we need to discuss it more...
So you're saying it's all about plant based milk consumption? That does make more sense.

What about his first 2 games when he was average.
3 games into a season coming off an uninterrupted pre season he would be at peak fitness.

We're all prepared to give Hill, Frampton, Mitchell and McStay time to settle into their new club, become accustomed to their new team mates, new coaches, and new game plan, why woudn't Grundy get the same? Like Hill, he's missed a lot of footy.

We're all prepared to give Hill, Frampton, Mitchell and McStay time to settle into their new club, become accustomed to their new team mates, new coaches, and new game plan, why woudn't Grundy get the same? Like Hill, he's missed a lot of footy.

Pretty sure those first four guys you mentioned play for Collingwood…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ruck injuries are bad luck, but if the plan going into the season was to play two rucks, then only having two senior-ready rucks on the list was not great planning.

Granted our back-up options no doubt were headlined by Kreuger and Begg who are also unfortunate to be injured, but even so, neither are ruckmen per se.

It's just not reasonable to expect that we would allocate another list spot to a ruckman.

We have 6 people on the list who we could rely on to play in the ruck. How many teams do you think are carrying 7?

Again, we have a fit AFL-experienced ruckman playing in our team right now even despite four of them going down. We have more ruck depth than most teams. We just don't have enough defensive depth.

I think we need to be a little more nuanced - GW must have believed at the end of the trade period we strengthened our list MORE, than Grundy did for Melb.

But I have my doubts - unless the cap space lands us a gun.

So time will tell.

“But I have my doubts…”

So you don’t think GW can do his job. The bloke who has overseen our fortunes since the trade period of 2021 until now and sees us sitting on top of the ladder and finishing 3rd last year. When no-one gave any hope considering what happened the previous year.

That your feelings got hurt because you couldn’t believe Soy Boy was going to be sent on his way. And now you and your brigade of want to make one last stand. Just so everyone knows that Soy Boy had a good game against no real Ruckman.

Good for you.

Thats a very good point....how much time should we give him. I tend to be impatient...

So you're saying it's all about plant based milk consumption? That does make more sense.

no no, that just throws another spanner in the works. If we break it down to that level, we might have to do a multivariate analysis.....I used to use SPSS at uni but that program might be defunct...we might need to discuss it further to decide on something..

no no, that just throws another spanner in the works. If we break it down to that level, we might have to do a multivariate analysis.....I used to use SPSS at uni but that program might be defunct...we might need to discuss it further to decide on something..
You're right having too many variables makes it too difficult to analyse, so we've got to settle for one. I think it's the milk. Do we know when he switched to soy? If you can get me the date, I'll make some graphs.

I really hope it was the case that Mitchell was a high priority. He made our trade period last year.

We shouldn't have targeted McStay as a free agent. We should've learnt our lesson around targeting average players in free agency after QLynch, Clinton Young and Mayne.

For his cost and output as a "someone who takes away a defender", we might as well have gotten Weideman for cheap.

Meanwhile we're paying him the same amount and contract length as Grundy after subsidy.

I think you're over stating McStay's limitations. He'll improve with time. Symmetry between he Checkers still a work in progress.

If you guys don’t understand the flexibility that having Cameron and cox play ruck/forward and the structure and match ups we get from having mcstay in the team then you don’t know footy.

LOL. Have a different opinion, don't know footy. Classic.

i think you've come to too many firm conclusions. I'd like to discuss it for the next 2 years and see if we can flesh out the grundy issue a little. I dont think enough analysis has been done yet. And besides, I just love chatting about him....

I havent seen much in this thread about his new haircut.... he seems to have shaved it more on the sides. I like it but I'm open to more discussion

I’m more interested to know his favorite colour. I hope it’s the Mylanta tone he wore to the team meeting the other day.

it was april fools day yesterday. I wonder if that impacted on grundy...
You're right having too many variables makes it too difficult to analyse, so we've got to settle for one. I think it's the milk. Do we know when he switched to soy? If you can get me the date, I'll make some graphs.

SR you sly fox... no free data about brodie...

did i tell you that i subscribe to his onlyfans site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back