Game Day Round 13 vs. Melbourne, MCG, 3:20pm Monday 10/06 (King's Birthday)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We would know if TJ is debuting, so I think he is just the carry over emg.
Bytel sub is my guess, especially given it looks like sidey will be back on the wing.
If we play all of Dean, Howe, Moore and Frampton - which of them do you think will play forward - one of them will have to as it's too tall a defence and would leave our forward line with only WHE forward alongside the smalls for half the game - whenever Krueger is rucking or rotating.

If we play all of Dean, Howe, Moore and Frampton - which of them do you think will play forward - one of them will have to as it's too tall a defence and would leave our forward line with only WHE forward for half the game whenever Krueger is rucking or rotating.
No such thing as too tall a defence if they are quick enough. We've lacked height there all year. I'd prefer Darcy played forward - he virtually plays as a CHF lining up at HB anyway, but that's never gonna happen - Darcy will do what Darcy does. Howe is the one with the forward craft, who has a ready replacement in Dean. Dean is a poor man's Howe at HB, but learning the craft. Frampton is our only true lockdown defender (maybe besides the undersized Maynard), so if we play him forward or even ruck we are rolling the dice against Melbourne going to a key forward like Van Rooyen. Frampton is our only matchup on a marking key forward. If we are gonna play Krueger, and it looks like we will, then he is a straight swap for AJ, and plays forward, rucking a bit on the forward line, and Cameron rucks all day everywhere else.

Disappointing that Reef hasnt been selected, but this is obviously about concern for his recovery, and we are giving him a run in the VFL before selecting him at AFL level. There is no other explanation in my mind.

There are other explanations.

Maybe the club is hesitant about selecting such an inexperienced player who hasn’t played at any level for 3 weeks?

Maybe Fly gave us clues in his recent post match press conferences when he said (1) he couldn’t fault the players effort and pressure and (2) “this playing group will learn from this game”.

If the coach is tickle pink with the effort, and is confident that the players will play better, why wouldn’t he (in the context of the season) give them the opportunity to apply and reinforce those learnings?

No such thing as too tall a defence if they are quick enough. We've lacked height there all year. I'd prefer Darcy played forward - he virtually plays as a CHF lining up at HB anyway, but that's never gonna happen - Darcy will do what Darcy does. Howe is the one with the forward craft, who has a ready replacement in Dean. Dean is a poor man's Howe at HB, but learning the craft. Frampton is our only true lockdown defender (maybe besides the undersized Maynard), so if we play him forward or even ruck we are rolling the dice against Melbourne going to a key forward like Van Rooyen. Frampton is our only matchup on a marking key forward. If we are gonna play Krueger, and it looks like we will, then he is a straight swap for AJ, and plays forward, rucking a bit on the forward line, and Cameron rucks all day everywhere else.

We'd be nuts to overload Cameron ike that - won't happen.

By too tall I was referring to the roles they play rather than actual height.

They might have a crack at Frampton doing some ruck work from defence and Cameron moving forward after stoppage rather than dropping back into the hole. I think that would be worth a look.

If we play all of Dean, Howe, Moore and Frampton - which of them do you think will play forward - one of them will have to as it's too tall a defence and would leave our forward line with only WHE forward alongside the smalls for half the game - whenever Krueger is rucking or rotating.
It was very difficult to tell yesterday. None of the above trained forward.

Anyone here fancy themselves a bookie?

We’ve had captains run, warm up, banner and 2nd quarter. What odds are we getting?
Can we cut out this rubbish?

We have a one of our own (who’s been cruelled) about to pull on the black and white for the first time in a year and he gets this sneering rubbish from our supporters? Pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or possibly Dean as sub? That would lead to flexibility if we need more height re Howe and Frampton, or, if Krueger goes down.

Disappointing that Parker was dropped after 2 games as a sub, definitely a few senior players he could replace that actually deserved to be dropped.

Which senior players deserve to be dropped? They've been great and held the team together.

The bald headed bloke with 22 on his back for starters, been absolute rubbish.
Playing off half back? You serious?? The guy is a superstar being played out of position because of smart arse coaching. This, along with the selection of Charlie Dean truly show the arrogance of the coaches!!

Playing off half back? You serious?? The guy is a superstar being played out of position because of smart arse coaching. This, along with the selection of Charlie Dean truly show the arrogance of the coaches!!
May I also add, playing Frampton and Markov forward. Stupidity

lol, he’s finished and has been all season, he’s being played there because he can’t keep up anymore and the coach is being nice not retiring him after ANZAC Day.

But hey Parker plays half back so there you go, seems you agree with my point that he should be in ahead of the old man

It's not arrogance. The blokes we had to bring in to cover injuries were mids/forwards - we needed to open up a role for them that they could do.

Last edited:
I'd argue that he's been shifted to defence to create roles for second string flankers/mids and performed solidly.

Hes had half a dozen goal assists each week, just a shame they’re for the opposition.

If doing stupid things and turning it over every time is solid in your book then you must be a Kangas supporter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back