Brodie Martin is......

Remove this Banner Ad

I absolutley loved his game today, maybe a RS nomination? His run down the middle, taking on a few Saints players in the 2nd quarter to set up Sloaney's goal, was one of my highlights of the season.:thumbsu: Very happy he hasn't lost any pace after the knee reco.
don't you have to be under 21 years old at start of year...Brodie is almost 22.

FOX Sports needs to step up and give us a replay. Looked and looked and looked... but zero. Forgot to use the IQ and now paying for it.

I guess u can watch online from AFL but a laptop viewing aint quite the same.

Great game by Brodie... was lucky a few times with some poor Saints chase/tackle efforts but yeah... 2 year extension NOW!!! Glad the powers that be played him ahead of Smackdown...

2011 could be anything.

Fox will replay all games sometime Tuesday/ Wednesday so you can get the IQ ready for that

Fantastic game today by Brodes

...... fond of Matthew Jaensch?;):eek:

Nah, kidding ..... but he was great today!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How could it have ever been in doubt? One of the few true linebreakers in our team and pretty intelligent in the way he uses the pill.

Comfortably in our best 22.

It's funny isn't it, during the season when people were putting together their squads for next year nobody had Martin in their team, I questioned this. I was reminded then he'd only played 2 games for us before doing his knee. :eek: My response was really? Felt like he's played so much more for us... and he comes out yesterday and plays like that and I think that explains why I felt he already belonged in our 22. Looking forward to seeing him more next year.

our most promising junior? A big call in the company of Hendo and Jaensch but played a fantastic game yesterday. Let's hope we see that play on style all next year. He has great disposal too, which makes HBF a possibility.

Not that big, he has played better games than those two have.

Watching how well Brodie Martin played yesterday, it's hard to believe that was only his 4th AFL game ever. An outstanding effort,

He dropped an easy mark at his first attempt, but instead of dropping his bundle, he just went from strength to strength as the game went on.

That dash of his though the square where he weaved right and then left as he took the opposition on with a couple of bounces before releasing a perfect kick to the advantage of Sloane which resulted in a goal was the most exciting passage of play for the game IMO, and to get that from a 4 game player - extraordinary!! :thumbsu:

Well played young fella. Looking forward to seeing some more of that in 2011. :thumbsu:

Very true, been so dissapointing this year.

Was playing well early in the season before he got injured, never been the same since. Can hopefully step it up a level after another preseason. I think his future may actually be as a half-back flanker, potentially replacing McLeod or Goodwin as that line breaking, skillfull deliverer. Doesn't kick enough goals for mine as a winger, however his run off the HBF would be valuable and with his long, accurate kicking, could still rack up the i50's.

It's funny isn't it, during the season when people were putting together their squads for next year nobody had Martin in their team, I questioned this. I was reminded then he'd only played 2 games for us before doing his knee. :eek: My response was really? Felt like he's played so much more for us... and he comes out yesterday and plays like that and I think that explains why I felt he already belonged in our 22. Looking forward to seeing him more next year.

The question mid season was always how he'd come back from his knee injury, especially considering he's such a slight player who relies on his pace and agility so much. If he lost any of that he'd probably be in a little strife, it certainly wasn't expected that he would come back this quickly and perform at that level. His first game back certainly didn't suggest he was capable of what he produced Saturday.

Certainly one to get excited about though. :thumbsu:

the part I enjoy the most is his first instinct when he gets he ball is to attack. Its almost as if he wants to put the afterburners on and burst through the midfield at every opportunity.

i realise that is going to annoy a shit load of people over the coming years but its exciting to watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Brodie Martin is......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back