Brownlow for Cooney!

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win for Adam Cooney in a tough year with all the stars breathing down his neck. He is now deserving of that status too!

But I guess all Bulldog supporters knew that before last night.

Cooney is a f***king legend
i was jumping up and down waching it last night
i just got one thing to say
coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooney

Onya Coons, a thoroughly deserving winner of footballs highest accolade, you bloody ripper!!!

What a great day at work with twats telling me he didn't deserve it, so I grabbed my Bulldogs picture off the wall of my office with 12 Bulldogs players footy cards (individually signed) and pointed out Cooney as this years 2008 Brownlow Medallist!!!

What a win! Jumping around the lounge room. He also gets the Award for Funniest Sppech Ever.

"I didn't want to get a ring she didn't like, and I know she likes Burger Rings." Ah, classic.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hi guys,

i will most likely get shut down as scum or filth or whatever because i am a long time fan of the Bombers,but I wanted to give my congrats to a worthy winner of the brownlow. Cooney is a great player & I love that he is an honest bloke.

I grew up in the west & played high school footy with brad johnson. The doggies have always been my second team (if you can have one) & I was throwing stuff at my TV when that free kick wasnt paid to brad when rooke hit him. Brendan Maccartney used to be our high school footy coach (along with the doggies own Brian Cordy) & i would have loved your boys to flog the cats cause im not a fan of Maccartney at all.

Good luck next year. you are on the right path for success. leaps & bounds in front of my beloved team. Id love to see the doggies win a flag as it would be well deserved.

peace out.

I actually felt kind of sorry for Gary Ablett. Every year the producers of the evening set someone up for a fall. They already know the outcome, and no one can tell me that the result is not known by a lot of people well in advance, especially the organisers of the event.

All that nonsense of interviewing Ablett (wouldn't you like to win the medal to outdo your Dad?) and Black also was just a cruel smokescreen. I don't blame Gary for looking upset, with the cameras on him all night and being pumped up as the winner.

Remember they did the same to Westy, when Woewoeful stole his medal.

However, I'm glad this year Geelong didn't get to win everything.

And good on you, Richo, for not taking it all too seriously. I wouldn't have minded you winning.

Good on ya, Raccoon man. Very happy with his performance on-stage. Very ammusing. It's great to have another Charlie at the Whitten Oval.

Imagine what he might do in future Brownlows if he actually put together a consistently brilliant 22 rounds like Gary Ablett?

But Cooney did want to correct one minor admission from his acceptance speech.

"I probably should thank Rodney Eade," he said. "They said to me after I got off stage that I forgot to thank the coach, but I don't think he'll be too mad about that.

"Me and Rodney usually get along pretty well,except match day when he doesn't really get along with anyone," he added with a laugh.

"So me and Rodney get along really well – so thanks to him for the support and everything that he's given me this year."

Had to laugh when i read this and thought of Brian Lake straight away:D:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow for Cooney!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back