Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal 2010

barlow wont be anywhere near 10 votes. You can quote me on that. Sandilands is such a bad poll getter that he wont be high either. Pavlich however...

Judd and ablett. 2 horse race. $7 for judd is crazy considering at the least he's within a vote of ablett (i got judd ahead). Carlton's easy draw and at this point of the season i rekon judd will win outright. The place looks a lock if he doesnt get injured.

agreed with sandilands, i have him on 3 who did u give your votes to in freo games rounds 1,2,5 and 6?

Judd and ablett are obvious big chances and the odds for judd are great although theres still along way to go injurys suspension are always considerd how many times has judd been susp in recent years? Only once i think he got off one did he?

agreed with sandilands, i have him on 3 who did u give your votes to in freo games rounds 1,2,5 and 6?

Judd and ablett are obvious big chances and the odds for judd are great although theres still along way to go injurys suspension are always considerd how many times has judd been susp in recent years? Only once i think he got off one did he?
Judd was suspended for the first 3 weeks of this year after being reported for eye gauging in the final vs Bris last year.
I have a small feeling that the umps could turn off him this year as he was eligible to win last year's medal and this year's medal ( obviously something the AFL need to correct as you could king hit someone in a final and win that year and the following year's medal ). The umps may feel that he should have been inelgible this year.
It's only a small feeling but I had a feeling that they would be off Dane Swan last year due to his tatts and that feeling was right.
We all need to remember that umps are human, read the papers and obviously chat amongst themselves.

Judd was suspended for the first 3 weeks of this year after being reported for eye gauging in the final vs Bris last year.
I have a small feeling that the umps could turn off him this year as he was eligible to win last year's medal and this year's medal ( obviously something the AFL need to correct as you could king hit someone in a final and win that year and the following year's medal ). The umps may feel that he should have been inelgible this year.
It's only a small feeling but I had a feeling that they would be off Dane Swan last year due to his tatts and that feeling was right.
We all need to remember that umps are human, read the papers and obviously chat amongst themselves.

do you really think the umpires would have turned off him due to his tatts? its not like hes a thug on the field or anything..i admit it was hugely suprising to see his low vote count compared to the previous year when he was sleaveless.
is it also that unlikely for barlow to poll well? as you say umpires are human, they would know who Michael Barlow is by now..would have realised the kid could play after a couple of rounds..so surely they would notice him as much as the next guy at fremantle now?
Barlow came 3rd in the vfl medal last year..so that shows he is able to catch the eye of umpires some what.
im doing votes with a mate, its a strange forumala we are doing, we each do a seperate lot of votes than combine our results. the maximum votes a player can get is 2.75 for the game. (first year of doing this, so we are simply experimenting)
we are also doing a 321 which we decide on together. (we both usually watch 4-6 games a week.)

at the moment for our 321 we have
Judd 12
Barlow 11
Ablett 10
Sandilands 9
Swan 8
Pavlich 8
Dal Santo 8
Wells 8

i like most of you do believe itll be the Judd Ablett show, with Wells as a smoky for a place

Bit of a stretch saying Swan's poor voting record last year was due to his tatts...but stranger things have happened.

Leaderboard after round 8 for me:

11 - Ablett
10 - Barlow, Judd
9 - Pendlebury
8 - Brown, Swan, Boyd
7 - Sandilands, Watson

Along with Ablett and Judd I like Boyd and Pendles this year, hopefully there will be some good odds on Pendles for round 11 leader, have a feeling he could be a bolter, the Hayes of last year.

do you really think the umpires would have turned off him due to his tatts? its not like hes a thug on the field or anything..i admit it was hugely suprising to see his low vote count compared to the previous year when he was sleaveless.
is it also that unlikely for barlow to poll well? as you say umpires are human, they would know who Michael Barlow is by now..would have realised the kid could play after a couple of rounds..so surely they would notice him as much as the next guy at fremantle now?
Barlow came 3rd in the vfl medal last year..so that shows he is able to catch the eye of umpires some what.
im doing votes with a mate, its a strange forumala we are doing, we each do a seperate lot of votes than combine our results. the maximum votes a player can get is 2.75 for the game. (first year of doing this, so we are simply experimenting)
we are also doing a 321 which we decide on together. (we both usually watch 4-6 games a week.)

at the moment for our 321 we have
Judd 12
Barlow 11
Ablett 10
Sandilands 9
Swan 8
Pavlich 8
Dal Santo 8
Wells 8

i like most of you do believe itll be the Judd Ablett show, with Wells as a smoky for a place
Please don't get me wrong re the tatts, good luck to Swan, Beam and co if they like that look.
I just picture the umps as church going, very honest, family men etc. and I don't see the full sleeve of tatts as something that would appeal to them. It could well be a sub conscious thing but Swan did poll v well the year prior and then it was as if he was turned off.

Please don't get me wrong re the tatts, good luck to Swan, Beam and co if they like that look.
I just picture the umps as church going, very honest, family men etc. and I don't see the full sleeve of tatts as something that would appeal to them. It could well be a sub conscious thing but Swan did poll v well the year prior and then it was as if he was turned off.
I disagree. Swan polled badly last year because he doesnt standout (besdies the tatts). Where as Judd runs and carries the ball (Like Goodes), Swan is more of an accumlator of the ball. He isnt a match winner either nor is he an in and under midfielder. He also doesnt get alot of free kicks like other proven poll getters in Black, Selwood, Kerr, Hayes.

Barlow is similar to Swan and I cant see him polling well at all.

interesting opinions

all valid

time will tell

im of the opinion that umpires favour better looking & more attacking players but i do believe they read the newspapers too

barlow might poll well this year because he is the new kid on the block but next year he might struggle

just throwing my 2c worth

I have to agree with Barlow not polling too well. When I watch Freo games, Sandilands and Pavlich are the ones who look good (especially Sandi) and while Barlow gets a lot of the ball (the commentators make it very clear), it seems like he's just giving off some delivery. Don't get me wrong, he's still doing a fantastic job, but the umps never seem to rate it.

Ablett - 12
Barlow - 12
Hodge - 12
Judd - 10
Swan - 10
Sandilands - 9
Bartel - 9
Hayes - 9
Pavlich - 9
Harvey - 8
Cooney - 8

No votes to Ablett or Judd this week and 1 to Barlow. Hodge two BOG's in a row imo and making his charge.

11 - Ablett
10 - Barlow, Judd
9 - Pendlebury, Boyd
8 - Brown, Hodge, Swan, Bartel
7 - Sandilands, Watson, Pavlich, Dal Santo

Once again, distributing votes amongst St Kilda players is proving difficult. Have NDS, Hayes, Montagna and Goddard all between 5 and 7.

after round 9

chapman 11
barlow 11
hayes 10
judd 10
pavlich 10
swan 10
ablett 10
bartell 10
boak 9
watson 8
dal santo 8
moloney 8

M Pavlich 14
G Ablett 12
C Judd 11
M Barlow 10
L Hayes 10
A Sandilands 8
B Harvey 8

My tally is saying the PAV! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TAB have released this weeks brownlow odds but more interestingly, the most votes for each team market is also out.

interesting prices:

• West Coast - Naitanui 3.10, LeCras 9.50, Kennedy 16.00
  • Adelaide - Thompson 14.00
  • W Bulldogs - Griffen 9.25, Higgins 13.00 , Harbrow 19.50
  • Freo - Pavlich 4.20
  • Hawthorn - Mitchell 5.15
  • Melbourne - McDonald Ja 10.25
  • North - Wells 13.00
  • Richmond - Deledio 5.60
Gees, Wells at 13.00 looks juicy

TAB have released this weeks brownlow odds but more interestingly, the most votes for each team market is also out.

interesting prices:

• Freo - Pavlich 4.20
  • North - Wells 13.00

I agree with a lot of the names you have mentioned being value. I'd probably have a Pierce or Rodan from port in there too.

wells is an interesting one, and i definitely think 13.00 is great value, but he doesnt have an overly strong polling history. If centrebet offered multi's in brownlow betting i'd sign up today and wells would definitely be thrown into a few bets, but i definitely wouldnt be loading up on him.

They have the team markets on Centrebet but you can't multi them at this stage. Pendlebury @ $10, and Wells @ $14 just to name some value there.

Serious are they doing multi's?

I can't find them? Although I'm on iPhone...

I'm pretty sure they're not doing multi's, sorry mate i didn’t word my little speal very cleanly and got a little sidetracked by hypothetical situations.

interesting prices:

• Freo - Pavlich 4.20
  • North - Wells 13.00
Gee you need to ensure that you post the right info before getting all of our blood pressure up !!! When we refer to the TAB we generally mean TAB Sportsbet who do not have the club vote betting up yet.
Last year they went up with team votes around round 17.

Gee you need to ensure that you post the right info before getting all of our blood pressure up !!! When we refer to the TAB we generally mean TAB Sportsbet who do not have the club vote betting up yet.
Last year they went up with team votes around round 17.

I was about to say that BK's local tab is shutting early today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back