Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal 2010

Pendles just about lock in the 3, was outstanding and has proven to vote well in good games. I thought Thomas was the next best, gave him 2 and the 1 could go to anyone. For the record I gave it to Cooney over Boyd/Swan/Didak, his efforts in that second half comeback were sensational.

What about the Lions v North game, I found that really hard to give out votes. Trav Johnstone amassed the possessions but I didn't think he was that great. I ended up giving

3. Swallow
2. Fevola (mounted the comeback with brown)
1. Greenwood (the winning goal)

Really unsure about this one.

M Pavlich 15
G Ablett 14
C Judd 13
M Barlow 11
B Harvey 10
L Hayes 10
A Sandilands 9
J Selwood 9
L Hodge 9
L Ball 8
J Watson 8
P Chapman 8
L Montagna 8
B Goddard 8

Interesting tally for mine, Pav should be $20+ odds for R11 leader.

Pendles just about lock in the 3, was outstanding and has proven to vote well in good games. I thought Thomas was the next best, gave him 2 and the 1 could go to anyone. For the record I gave it to Cooney over Boyd/Swan/Didak, his efforts in that second half comeback were sensational.

What about the Lions v North game, I found that really hard to give out votes. Trav Johnstone amassed the possessions but I didn't think he was that great. I ended up giving

3. Swallow
2. Fevola (mounted the comeback with brown)
1. Greenwood (the winning goal)

Really unsure about this one.

I forgot about Fev, don't think Greenwood will get votes though.

Went
3. Johnstone
2. Harvey
1. Swallow

But considering Swallow for the 2 instead.

R1 last year Johnstone had a similar game where he racked it up and they narrowly lost to WCE, so he can poll well imo.

i watched the lions vs roos game and also found it tough because the roos dominated the first half and the lions dominated the second half, and the second half would have been freshest in the umpires minds, however the roos ended up winning so very difficult. i ended up giving:
3. Swallow (set up their massive lead)
2. Johnston (won a heap of ball late)
1. either Harvey, Fev or Brown. Rockliff was pretty good late too but prob wont poll ahead of more recognized players.

Only watched a bit of the Hawks vs Power game, but how do people think votes will go there? didnt look to be any standouts.

Swallow was almost unsighted in the second half so I'd only have him scraping in for 1 vote.

Carlton v Melbourne is the tricky game.

Houlihan has to get the 3 in my books. Easily BOG for mine. I then went Waite and Judd (who in that last quarter, OMG :D) but the umps might miss Waite I feel, and he was reported.

I'd like to think my thoughts have merit since I sat in the rain for the whole game, but it's a lottery for the 2 and down haha. Didn't notice any standout Melbourne players tbh, except Moloney, but he didn't get enough of it.

brownlowr11.png

Houlihan has to get the 3 in my books. Easily BOG for mine. I then went Waite and Judd (who in that last quarter, OMG :D) but the umps might miss Waite I feel, and he was reported.

I'd like to think my thoughts have merit since I sat in the rain for the whole game, but it's a lottery for the 2 and down haha. Didn't notice any standout Melbourne players tbh, except Moloney, but he didn't get enough of it.
Well done on sitting in the rain ! You are a keen Carlton man.

I'll watch the last qtr of that match tonite in the hope that Judd can muster a vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as i said in a earlier post. i give maybe 1, 1 to 2, 2 to 3, or just individuals votes (1,2,3). i also have a list of say 6 or more players from each team that i think are their main pollers but if someone else comes up i add them to the votes so i may not have everyone's tally

here is my current leader board.

player name/min votes to max votes/min poll in to max poll in

gaz - 9 to 17 - 5 to 7
chapman - 7 to 16 - 5 to 9
barlow - 10 to 15 - 5 to 6
judd - 7 to 15 - 5 to 7
hodge - 10 to 15 - 5 to 6
pav - 6 to 14 - 5 to 7
goddard - 9 to 14 - 5
bartel - 8 to 13 - 5
sandilands - 8 to 13 - 4 to 7
swan - 7 to 13 - 4 to 6
pendlebury - 5 to 13 - 3 to 6

everyone else i have done has a max of 11 or less

Centrebet Odds Up.

Nothing too exciting, Goddard is almost equal favourite with Hayes now. Moloney is now outright fave for Melbourne which is strange. JRiewoldt clear fave in Richmond, Black into equal for Brisbane. JBolton equal for Sydney, Thompson into $3 as someone mentioned.

Ablett from 1.03 to 1.08 :p

hey guys,
havent posted on here for a long time, but thought i should re enter the fray.
did very nicely at brownlow last year, like many others big thanks to bk and others like athomas for their extensive posting. mates though i was crazy saying hayes most votes for saints, but i guess they're not in the big footy loop.;)

have only put on two bets this year. have coin on bartel at $26 and pendlebury at $67 both to win about 1k.

few comments on this so far. i must say people seem to have changed their own voting strategies this year to more reflect an umpires point of view; which is good to see. i think in previous years sentiment and bias has crept in and altered some posters votes negatively. this is not so much the case this year. (although i would watch mick barlow - who people seem to be dishing votes left right and centre)

with the afl seeming to be more even this year, i think the winner will pole in the low to mid 20's and the top of the leaderboard will be packed like 2003.
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/brownlow/brownlow2003.html

in regards to people's worries about multi-ing club leaders, i don't think there is need to panic. we must remember that the people here on bigfooty who post and research almost everyday are in the minority. there are thousands who go to their local pub and dump coin on their favourite player or multi 10 club leaders at $1.2 and lose (think swan, cox, reiwoldt 2008, ablett 2007) which would make the TAB a killing. they probably only need one or two of these a year and would come out on top.

as a uni student studying statistics ive employed hedging the last couple of years and some other maths to come out on top. alot of my bets come in a similar form as a parlay when betting on the nags. it takes a long time at the tab terminal but worth it. last year me and some mates stayed at crown on brownlow night and had a ball. we met heaps of the players afterwards and i bought bernie vince a beer for the lovely 3 votes he got in the last game to get some bets over the line. i also met leigh brown from coll'wood. and yes he is as big of a c*nt in real life as he is on the field.

Gary Ablett - 15
Luke Hodge - 13
Chris Judd - 12
Scott Pendlebury - 11
Michael Barlow - 11
Matthew Pavlich - 10
Lenny Hayes - 10
Jobe Watson - 10
Aaron Sandilands - 10
Dane Swan - 9
Brendon Goddard - 9

with the afl seeming to be more even this year, i think the winner will pole in the low to mid 20's and the top of the leaderboard will be packed like 2003.
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/brownlow/brownlow2003.html

I really dont think itll be that close, itll be between 3-4 players who will blow the rest away.
Hodge and Goddard are way to short for my likeing, although if you could multi team votes hodge @ $1.60 would almost be a gimme.

I really dont think itll be that close, itll be between 3-4 players who will blow the rest away.
Hodge and Goddard are way to short for my likeing, although if you could multi team votes hodge @ $1.60 would almost be a gimme.

Hodge, Swan, Cooney, Goddard all too short for the brownlow imo. $1.60 is probably a bit over you're right.

what do you guys think about blacks spray to the umpires? Will it affect his vote getting ability for the rest of the season. i'll know ill be taking notice when Matthew Nicholls is umpiring a brisbane game.

Just noticed that too. Will definitely rule him out for any votes on Saturday. Not sure if it will effect him too much, but would be interesting to see.

Hoping those of you that have Pendlebury near the top are on the money. I'm on him with a Pies flag to win $6100 - and we'd have to be a good chance to at least make the granny so I can lay off if necessary.

what do you guys think about blacks spray to the umpires? Will it affect his vote getting ability for the rest of the season. i'll know ill be taking notice when Matthew Nicholls is umpiring a brisbane game.

the brisbane game wasnt televised in SA so i missed it, cheers for bringing this up, watching for these kind of things is a really important aspect in predicting votes i think :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back