Brownlow Medal 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal 2010

Anyone watch the Sydney vs Richmond game? Did Collins and Newmans last quarter heroics earn them the 3 and 2?

What's the bet Swan screws us over again this year but polls extremely well instead of the opposite as he did in 2009. A real chance again this year I'd say.

I was just thinking this today. I ignored him last year in favour of Pendles, but I just have a feeling he'll poll better this year. The other guy I think is being slightly overlooked is Chapman - I know it's tough to dominate votes on that team, especially with GAJ around, but he has been outstanding this year.

Right now I'm only on Judd and Pendlebury (before the season).....have to think about Hodge now too I reckon.

The TAB have put up Ablett $3.75, Hodge $7, Swan $12, Judd $15. Unbelievable !! They must think Gazza got 2-3 y/day. I will watch that game tonite but it doesn't look like he's a good thing for any votes let alone 2 or 3.
Terrific value still on anyone you like if you leave out Gazza. Gee Hodge and Judd should be heaps shorter than their prices, especially with Barlow out.

Hodge is $8 @ Centrebet.. :eek:

With Hawks having the cats this week, what are his chances of polling? Might be worth waiting another week..

Hodge is $8 @ Centrebet.. :eek:

With Hawks having the cats this week, what are his chances of polling? Might be worth waiting another week..
Spot on, I was thinking just that. On the off chance that the Hawks win he will be hard to hold out of the votes but they will tag him with Ling or similar this week.

I've already backed him at $10 so not going back for more, but Pendlebury is at $8 to get the most votes at the Pies with Swan a long odds on. Seems a little askew to me given Pendlebury beat him last year on the back of a stella season for Swan... Is it possible that the umpires saw Pendleburys game better than Swans on the weekend just gone? I would have thought it possible at least....

Through Centrebet.

Pendlebury most team votes - $8
Bartel most team votes - $11 (Chapman $9)
Brennan most team votes - $10
Pavlich most team votes - $4
Deledio most team votes - $5

All offer some solid value at this stage I would have thought. Like the Deledio one a lot.

judd most team votes 1.50 on centrebet............................................................................................. i hope the tab have these markets and there multi-able

Does anyone rate Selwood? I have him 4 off the lead at the moment, can get $81 for him currently and $11 to win the Cats votes. With 8 games to go and a good record against the Hawks, he'd have to be some sort of chance IMO.

yeh i agree pendlebury odds for most team votes are ridiculous. Also liking deledio too.

In the case of Geelong, right now it really is a 4 horse race of bartel, selwood, chapman and ablett. I have them all within 3 votes of each other, extremely close.

I'd say right now the certainties are:

Hodge - Hawks
Judd - Carlton
Watson - Bombers
Priddis (Near Certainty) - Eagles

Going to be a massive last 8 games.

Also anyone who has any information of whether any agencies will be taking most team vote multis, please let us know. I'd love to get some agencies confirming it.

judd most team votes 1.50 on centrebet............................................................................................. i hope the tab have these markets and there multi-able

Ridiculously good. :D

Heck if TAB have him at $1.30+ i'll be happy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeh i agree pendlebury odds for most team votes are ridiculous. Also liking deledio too.

In the case of Geelong, right now it really is a 4 horse race of bartel, selwood, chapman and ablett. I have them all within 3 votes of each other, extremely close.

I'd say right now the certainties are:

Hodge - Hawks
Judd - Carlton
Watson - Bombers
Priddis (Near Certainty) - Eagles

Going to be a massive last 8 games.

Also anyone who has any information of whether any agencies will be taking most team vote multis, please let us know. I'd love to get some agencies confirming it.

Still... I can't understand the term 'certainties' when there is still 8 games to go. Look at what Bernie Vince achieved towards the end of last year as an example. I'm not dropping any money for at least another 5 rounds.

Still... I can't understand the term 'certainties' when there is still 8 games to go. Look at what Bernie Vince achieved towards the end of last year as an example. I'm not dropping any money for at least another 5 rounds.

This might clear things up a little. "Current certainties if the season finished today". That better?

I won't be dropping any money for at least another 5 rounds either predominately due to the reason that no agency is accepting brownlow multi betting as of yet.

at this stage of the season i would have Montagna leading our votes closely followed by Hayes, Dal santo and Goddard. Montagna has had 7 games of 30+ disposals and has kicked 2+ goals on 4 occasions. i have him based on my votes around 13-16 and in the top 5 overall.

amazed that paul chapman is at $34. yet to register under 25 disposals a match this season, has kicked 15 goals, has conceded only 8 frees while winning 20 of his own, and has laid 53 tackles. many other key stats point to him in a big way, such as inside 50's, goal assists etc.

amazed that paul chapman is at $34. yet to register under 25 disposals a match this season, has kicked 15 goals, has conceded only 8 frees while winning 20 of his own, and has laid 53 tackles. many other key stats point to him in a big way, such as inside 50's, goal assists etc.

check his history, his stats may not be as good as this year but he just doesnt poll well..
i have him on 8 votes at the moment.. not sure how others have him going..
he wont win the brownlow

at this stage of the season i would have Montagna leading our votes closely followed by Hayes, Dal santo and Goddard. Montagna has had 7 games of 30+ disposals and has kicked 2+ goals on 4 occasions. i have him based on my votes around 13-16 and in the top 5 overall.

he did the same last year..i think the umpires seem to favour hayes, dal santo, and goddard to a degree when those 4 are the clear best players..
fwiw i have montagna only on 7 votes. with dal santo and goddard the leaders for the saints..but like i said their games are always tricky to give votes for

Hayes was delicious last year at $9. If the top 4 Saints can be narrowed down to 2 or even 1, with each probably paying around $4 if they all keep playing quite well without injury they'll be great in multi's.

chappy loves an umpire spray

he is hated amongst umpires

dont forget its best and fairest medal

thats why chappy and goddard wont ever win it

if you look at polling history sometimes a player who was nice to the ump on the day and does resonably well gets a vote and someone who sprayed but was bog gets little or none

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back