Injury Buddy Hell! everything to do with Buddy's injury in here please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is only a hyper extension which is what it did look like, 2 - 3weeks. I have done this on 2 occasions and I was back playing after 2. And that is just with applying ice and rest. I did not have the 24 hr medical attention that Bud will recieve. So if it is just a hyper extension, Bud will be a chance prelim.

Having said that, after last nights performance......Bud can take his time. We are just making up the numbers now

At was at the game last night and was looking elsewhere when buddy fell down, i heard the noise of the crowd and immediately assumed that buddy had taken a knock or something to that effect and was down hurting a bit, so naturally i stood up and started applauding as one does. It took me about 10 seconds to realise what had actually occurred (I’d had a few by this point), at which point i immediately sat down and apologised to hawk supporters around me who thought I was cheering buddy doing his knee which i most certainly wasn’t. But since then I've felt like someone who applauds injuries therefore an arseh*le and need to deburden myself. So apologies to all hawk fans, Im not the type of scumbag who cheers injuries, hope Buddy is good to go round 1 next year
Cheers funk,
A similar thing happened with the ball going out at the same time as Menzel went down. Quite a few Hawk supporters cheered that, then realised that he was hurt.

Liam Pickering, buddys manager just said on radio that he wont play again this season but will be right to go round 1 next year.

That would be great, if true. He's had scans then, I assume? Even a PCL would be kind of good news, in so far as it would mean he'd be 100% for round 1 next year.

That would be great, if true. He's had scans then, I assume? Even a PCL would be kind of good news, in so far as it would mean he'd be 100% for round 1 next year.
Heard the same. I got the jist Pickers was only going off the vibe from last night. I dont think anything has been confirmed. Hope he is ok and playing this week

Hopefully he comes back in time for the prelimary final. If results go to seedings, Collingwood v Hawks with Buddy in the side would be an epic final. If not, hopefully he is back at some point in 2012 and not 2013. Either way, I just hope this does not change him as a player.

When I saw him clutch his knee I thought please don't let it be.

I hope its not too bad, it didn't look that bad, just a hyperextension hopefully.

Hope he makes it back this year, easily my favourite player to watch outside of Collingwood.

Commiserations guys.

I'm not going to play amateur doctor, all I'll say is I wish Buddy all the best and hope to see him back on the park sooner rather than later. :thumbsu:

Great news , no structual damage, bone bruising and swelling, may or may not play next week, probably wont, but will play if we get through to the preliminary final.we have dodged a bullet, game back on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the full extent of the injury is still unknown?

Hoping for a jarred knee at the worst, shame seeing players regardless of stature in the game go down like that.

Recover quickly Buddy.

Confirmed on SEN by Pickers. Badly jared knee. Some bruising. NO SERIOUS DAMAGE! Not sure if this will mean he can get up for next week.

I have just been informed that it is indeed a hyper extension. The knee is structurally sound. He is still some chance of playing this season, as early as next Friday but more likely the week after.

Nobody can make a call on Buddy's further participation in the finals until the injury settles down over the next few days.

Either way, the news is not as dire as it first appeared.

Great news , no structual damage, bone bruising and swelling, may or may not play next week, probably wont, but will play if we get through to the preliminary final.we have dodged a bullet, game back on.

:thumbsu: Great news for Hawthorn! (Not so great for Collingwood :p )

He makes such a difference to you're team

Here's hoping its not as bad as it looked at the time. There is nothing worse than seeing a player go down with what looks like a bad knee injury and it takes the gloss off any game. The problem with knees more than anything else is that so often players don't come back quite as good or certainly take a while to get back to their best.

I was right behind Buddy when he kicked that magical goal in the first quarter. It is moments like that, that make our game so great, yet within less than a couple of hours the "magician" is incapable of even getting on a footy field.

While obviously not as important as Buddy, it is wretched luck (and probably much longer out of the game) for Menzel to do his ACL. Has a touch of magic about him too.

Good luck to both boys in their recoveries.

Re: Buddy scan

all clear. no structural damage. bruising and swollen.

Big chance to play next Friday.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

halle.jpg

...if true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back