Injury Buddy Hell! everything to do with Buddy's injury in here please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liam Pickering was talking to the man himself, and was told that he was indeed bleeding behind the hamstring, but of course the HS didn't mention that!. He has knee bruising, but at least he will be right for next year, another long wait for the footy to start again..*Sigh*

Really good news for Bud. He will be fine for Prelim (Where we will need him) if we make it. Anyone know how Max is going?

just saw buddy on fox sports news

he was interviewed about 30 minutes ago outside the epworth hospital

buddy was not on crutches, but was limping of course. looked very stiff which was understandable

remarkably, buddy reckons he's a "50/50 chance" for next week. he looked pretty slick as usual in his shades. buddy said the diagnosis is bone bruising and bleeding behind the knee.

im sure buddy is being upbeat and of course looking at the positives, however we must remember this is still an injury he has suffered and let's not get our hopes too high that we'll see him again this season.

but, considering what the initial fears were, it still is an excellent result not have have any ligament damage/broken bones etc

Hopefully they give him a rest next week so the Saints can get up and verse Collingwood in the prelims!

Hopefully they give him a rest next week so the Saints can get up and verse Collingwood in the prelims!

We'll do whatever we can to help you out there, just as long as you're happy that Hawthorn makes the Grand Final.

I'll let you work out the maths. :D

So, so relieved. The dark funk I woke up in this morning is lifting! Last night it seemed like we might have been gone for both this year and next. Even if he can't get up for our remaining final/s at least we can look forward to a fit and firing Buddy next year. Awesome!

So, so relieved. The dark funk I woke up in this morning is lifting! Last night it seemed like we might have been gone for both this year and next. Even if he can't get up for our remaining final/s at least we can look forward to a fit and firing Buddy next year. Awesome!

Same here. Felt dull and dark whole of last night, could hardly sleep. Waking up to see more positive posts and news brings lots of relief and brightness :)

Felt the whole season came to a close last night, but there is now light at end of this tunnel :p

Buddy reckons he can play next week, well thats good enough for me, the guy is a freak, any other player would need and full knee reco after an incident like that. Heads up hawk fans we may still have business to be done with those pussies this year.

gave an almighty cheer when i read the bone bruising news... omg... without buddy for a year... i was shattered even thinking about that...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it probably doesn't mean much, but I was so happy to wake up this morning and see that Buddy would be alright. I hope he is fit to play next week, he is an absolute champion of the game and easily the player I would take out of the whole league.

After Menzel went down I felt sick and when Buddy went down I felt the same. Let's all hope Buddy if fit and firing next week and that we see you again in the Grand Final.

I know it probably doesn't mean much, but I was so happy to wake up this morning and see that Buddy would be alright. I hope he is fit to play next week, he is an absolute champion of the game and easily the player I would take out of the whole league.

After Menzel went down I felt sick and when Buddy went down I felt the same. Let's all hope Buddy if fit and firing next week and that we see you again in the Grand Final.

Thanks mate. It was a huge relief to see he's not out for next season, whatever happens with the rest of our series.

Hope Menzel has the speediest possible recovery from the injury, hopefully he can take the field some time next year, but at the very least, doesn't have his potential curbed when he does return.

any other player would need and full knee reco after an incident like that.

Not one of those half-recos? Come on, he's a fantastic player but let's not get carried away here.

Ridiculous hyperbole aside, everyone wants to see the best players play; this is great news for you hawkers and football in general, particularly in the context of this years finals.

Buddy missing the rest of this year and being back for 2012 would be a fantastic outcome and an almighty relief.

Missing him for most of next season and not knowing if we'd ever see the buddy of old again would be too much to bare.

damn it.

hate hate losing buddy.

yes im a pies fan, but absolutely buddy is my favourite player to watch, and im not on my own.

why buddy ?

cos he does the things we would all dreamed of doing as a kid. maybe apart from high marking, he does it all, and as good if not better than anyone ever before him. and to think theres a physical side to his game he's not allowed to use. how unbeatable would he be using the 1990's rules. :eek:

praying he's only out short term and ready to add to his huge highlights package next year. all the best buddy.

with the news update thru, and buddy appearing to be ready for later finals, i hereby withdraw my comments. they were sincerely provided on the assumption he was gone for the rest of this year. if he comes back and screws with my teams plans my admiration of him will drop a peg. :D

with the news update thru, and buddy appearing to be ready for later finals, i hereby withdraw my comments. they were sincerely provided on the assumption he was gone for the rest of this year. if he comes back and screws with my teams plans my admiration of him will drop a peg. :D

ROFLMFAO
Fair call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back