Injury Buddy out for up to 3 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why i love Bigfooty. No matter how bad your day is or if your feeling bit depressed, once you come in here you forget it all and you can have a laugh.

Glad you cheered up brother

640x392_15721_49066.jpg

He looks mean, but he's just misunderstood. When you give him a chance he's not a bad bloke.

He looks mean, but he's just misunderstood. When you give him a chance he's not a bad bloke.

Too righty LP, and it'd be all good from me apart from the fact that he might be 'some kids' father' in a Sheedy kaleidoscope.

However the Essendondon board is the appropriate place for such serious rancour - we'll leave the banter for days less serious.

Like now. Good onya Essendon - shit you make me laugh. ****wits.

Man I love you TAITA!!!

How are you brother?

Question for you - who is most important for us if we make the GF - Brad Sewell, Jordan Lewis, Ryan Shoenmakers, Paul Pupuolo or Max Bailey?

Three of these players need to win their position, 1 needs to win it decisively.

Hmmm...

Brad Sewell
Tagger 3
Inside Ball Winner 2
Tackler 1

Wins Position: Tags best player and wins plenty of hard ball

Jordan Lewis
Inside Ball Winner 3
Tagger 2
Tackler 1

Wins Position: Wins inside ball and tags second best player

Ryan Shoenmakers
Defensive - Tall Defender 3
Defensive Spoiler 2
Rebounding Defender 1

Wins Position: Restricts best forward, spoils and rebounds

Paul Puopolo
Defensive Forward - 3
Goal kicker - 2
Crumber - 1

Wins Position: Restricts opposition rebound, puts on scoreboard pressure

Max Bailey
Tap Ruckman 3
Defensive - Ruckmen 2
Defensive Mark 1

Wins Position: Assists in clearances, frees up Roughead/Hale to move forward and swing back

I would have to say Bailey, although Shoey is also very important, as is Poppy, Lewis, Sewell and everyone.

But I think Bailey is the man.

Go the Hawks!!!

Nice work mate - if Bailey wins his position we automatically win three positions with Sewell & Lewis (along with everyone else in the midfield).

This is the man we need on the park ASAP.

I was very impressed with Max on at training during the week Taita. He spent one session working against Monkey in one-on-one marking duels. Did extremely well.

The next session he put that into practice against the players. Using his body extremely well and clunking marks. I thought it was Hale I was watching on the far wing but infact, it was Max!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm...

Brad Sewell
Tagger 3
Inside Ball Winner 2
Tackler 1

Wins Position: Tags best player and wins plenty of hard ball

Jordan Lewis
Inside Ball Winner 3
Tagger 2
Tackler 1

Wins Position: Wins inside ball and tags second best player

Ryan Shoenmakers
Defensive - Tall Defender 3
Defensive Spoiler 2
Rebounding Defender 1

Wins Position: Restricts best forward, spoils and rebounds

Paul Puopolo
Defensive Forward - 3
Goal kicker - 2
Crumber - 1

Wins Position: Restricts opposition rebound, puts on scoreboard pressure

Max Bailey
Tap Ruckman 3
Defensive - Ruckmen 2
Defensive Mark 1

Wins Position: Assists in clearances, frees up Roughead/Hale to move forward and swing back

I would have to say Bailey, although Shoey is also very important, as is Poppy, Lewis, Sewell and everyone.

But I think Bailey is the man.

Go the Hawks!!!

I just passed this post on to Lewie. Not happy.

I was very impressed with Max on at training during the week Taita. He spent one session working against Monkey in one-on-one marking duels. Did extremely well.

The next session he put that into practice against the players. Using his body extremely well and clunking marks. I thought it was Hale I was watching on the far wing but infact, it was Max!

Clunking marks?? He hasn't clunked a mark in a real game since that praccy match in Adelaide against Rutten about 4 years ago. Stay with Hale and Roughy.

Clunking marks?? He hasn't clunked a mark in a real game since that praccy match in Adelaide against Rutten about 4 years ago. Stay with Hale and Roughy.

Mate, I was as shocked as you were. Always been the knock on Bailey for mine. Never used his height/frame to his advantage and never did enough for mine around the ground.

If having Baily back in the ruck will big Ruff have to stay up forward and keep Hale in the ruck?
Will it effect Ruffs game by only playing up forward?
Baily is very important but how will it effect Ruff is the big Question??

Actually Bails was running into form in the pre season game when he got injured. Its a pity the Box Hill game is scheduled at the same time as the hawks game would have dearly loved to go and watch him play.

Clarkson has shown, that he, like most teams now, will only play genuine ruck plus the pinch hitter.

I believe that Bailey will have to be in career best form to displace Hale given his Hale's current form.
I think the 'comma' people are on their way to correct the above:D

I just can't see Baily coming in unless he replaced Hale or Ruff in the ruck and as Henry stated Hale is in top form. Do we play Jack, Buddy, Ruff, Hale and Baily all in the same side?
Good problem to have but also one poor bugger may have to miss out on our 11th Flag!

I think that we should use this as an opportunity to play Rough at CHB and bring in an extra ruck. I realise that this would hurt our run but where we have struggled against top teams for a few years is against the big forwards. I would love to see Rough play on Cloke as I think he has a bigger tank and hurt them by running off him. This would allow Shoey to take the second tall (he has been very good this year) and Gibbo as third man up which he is better at than wrestling a gorilla.

This would put Hale as the tall forward FF and rotating the ruck. I have not seen any BHH games this year so I will defer to wiser people on who should come in.

This is just to try something that may be used as a plan B come finals if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back