Injury Buddy out for up to 3 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Savage can get back to his accurate goal kicking and with Bruest and Smith and Popy and Cryil we will have a very dominate mix of midfieders who can kick goals plus add Lewis and Sammy Is becoming a good goal sneak now. Hale and Ruff have already proven they are a good mix, but in saying that Baily and Hale combined good too last season when Ruff was out. I think we have the settled team balance already once Buddy gets back in. The only incluison would be Hodge in for Hill

Sorry guys... Hale has proved time and time again, he's not a reliable enough forward. He's a good ruck who is handy going forwards.

Also, bringing in the additional ruckman reduces out run.

No thanks :thumbsdown:

Agreed. When back Buddy would take the main forward role, with Hale and Gunners as secondary targets. This was just to try a different defensive structure as I feel our forwards would still be more potent than our opponents. And only to be used when needed come finals.

Agreed. When back Buddy would take the main forward role, with Hale and Gunners as secondary targets. This was just to try a different defensive structure as I feel our forwards would still be more potent than our opponents. And only to be used when needed come finals.
I think we have to back in our defenders in and let roughead and hale do what they do best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the HFC wouldn't let him come back early after this thread...
What is early? the club said he is out for up to 3 weeks, to manage expectations. He will be back next week

I think that we should use this as an opportunity to play Rough at CHB and bring in an extra ruck. I realise that this would hurt our run but where we have struggled against top teams for a few years is against the big forwards. I would love to see Rough play on Cloke as I think he has a bigger tank and hurt them by running off him. This would allow Shoey to take the second tall (he has been very good this year) and Gibbo as third man up which he is better at than wrestling a gorilla.

This would put Hale as the tall forward FF and rotating the ruck. I have not seen any BHH games this year so I will defer to wiser people on who should come in.

This is just to try something that may be used as a plan B come finals if needed.

For the above to work then Stratton has to miss or he has to play Forward in place of Gunston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back