Injury Buddy out for up to 3 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be a good test for a "sans Buddy" gameplan. Must stand tall, one soldier down, another one stands up.

I'm really getting tired of this cliche. Especially when the whole battle could have been avoided in the first place.

Collingwood & Bombers both have injury problems - Essendon moreso.

Yeah, but Lance Franklin is our best player and probably the most important player in the comp. don't want to be glass half empty here, but I'm ****ing furious at the club playing him in a mickey mouse match when he wasn't 100%.

So
if you're tellin me he was less than 100% and still played then ALL the coaches should be sacked, but u really think they're that stupid ??
So do we sack Buddy if the coaching staff left the final call upto him....??:cool:

Yeah, but Lance Franklin is our best player and probably the most important player in the comp. don't want to be glass half empty here, but I'm ******* furious at the club playing him in a mickey mouse match when he wasn't 100%.

No use dwelling on it - can't change the fact he's gone for 3 weeks.

Shouldn't be too worried about it. Some of the best footy we've played in the past couple of years has been without Buddy. Will be a good test for the boys against Two strong teams without Buddy. We can cover him.

Obviously a big mistake by the club in hindsight but thats footy. Mistakes happen.

We'll win all 3 without him anyway. The attitude of this group since the Richmond game has been outstanding. We are the best team in the comp, and we will prove it over the next month with 4 wins. Bookmark it.

Obviously this is disappointing especially considering his hamstring tightness last week - but is this "new" injury (minor bleeding) related to his hamstring tightness or is it because he got a corky?

I don't know.

BTW he would have to be cleared by the medical staff to play GWS - not by the coaching staff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really getting tired of this cliche. Especially when the whole battle could have been avoided in the first place.
Yeah, but what else can we all do about it? It's happened. Yep, we're angry and fair enough. But they're there to play and win footy games. We can't wallow in the fact that our premier goal kicker is on the sidelines. We must get on with it.

At least the Bombers have lost Hurley for 3 as well. It sort of evens things up a bit.

Hurley is not a patch on Franklin, not in a million years.

Thankfully Beau Dowler is waiting in the wings to claim his ch... oh, wait.

We played the Pies last season with out Buddy and we got flogged by 8 goals...
Also is there Any truth to the rumours that there is number of players that had scans today for any injury concerns

Will beat the dogs without him.
CAN beat the dons without him (see last year. They haven't changed that much since then)
Pies will be a struggle.

However, knowing Buddy, he can return earlier than expected. Last year's hyper-extension of the knee is a different injury, but he is capable of producing miracles.

He's Buddy after all

Shouldn't be too worried about it. Some of the best footy we've played in the past couple of years has been without Buddy. Will be a good test for the boys against Two strong teams without Buddy. We can cover him.

Obviously a big mistake by the club in hindsight but thats footy. Mistakes happen.

This was arguably avoidable.

Yeah, but what else can we all do about it? It's happened. Yep, we're angry and fair enough. But they're there to play and win footy games. We can't wallow in the fact that our premier goal kicker is on the sidelines. We must get on with it.
Spot on!

What the Fck do you want to see happen?

Sack people at the club?

ok - it looks like it was a mistake...it wasnt Hirdy down there saying "yeah play him, he looks fine"...

Buddy would have been saying - "yep, good to go..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back