Injury Buddy out for up to 3 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously a monumental stuff up by the medical team but Buddy must take some responsibility as well.

Anyway lets not be all doom and gloom about this, we are fortunate enough that we have a multi pronged forward line with many guys capable of stepping up any given night. Think back to the Bombers last year when Buddy pulled out and we had one of our bigger wins for the season that night.

I have confidence that the player group will be out to prove how well we play as a unit and will fight out some well deserved victories over the next month.

Hodge is a concern though!!!

Ok it's a bit of a fecking disaster, but looking on the bright side if we can win the next three without him what sort of message will that send to the rest of the competition. We have played good footy in the past without him, a 100 point flogging of Carlton comes to mind

Healy is a pain in the proverbial!!He has always, hated the Hawks..he wil be happy to see him out for three weeks..

You are right
gerry healey has a deep hatred for Hawthorn because he received so many spankings from us during his unsuccessful playing career
Besides, gerry is a boring old drone and no-one cares what he thinks - he's as relevant in footy media as Rex Hunt or teflon terry wallet
Don't stress over it mate

Sounds to me buddy did the tests etc & cleared himself becaus eit felt OK.

Which he said he's done before.

Frustrating but virtually every player carries some sort of injury and a club's medical staff has to be led by some extent by the player themselves.

Is it posible that the only reason they chose not to rest Buddy even though he said he was ok was so that it will bring people through the gates and help rasie the big green dollar..

26k at the G would of been a hell of lot less had Buddy not shown up....

some of you lot a so moronic its laughable.. wot more can the docs do than scans and the like - if these things show NOTHING, then its up to the player - its HIS body FFS, if he says he feels right then who the heck are you to say rest him just cos we can ... i mean come on

Yes, I reckon Buddt sweet talked them. He probably didn't want to lose the chance for a dozen or so, which would have set him on track for a ton. However, the club should have overruled him.

Healy is a pain in the proverbial!!He has always, hated the Hawks..he wil be happy to see him out for three weeks..
He did some work for a company I worked for back in the eighties, and you're right, he is a big head, egotistical bast..d who never liked hawthorn.

Is it posible that the only reason they chose not to rest Buddy even though he said he was ok was so that it will bring people through the gates and help rasie the big green dollar..

I sit an watch to see if you get a like with this .....

The old Greg Matthews bums on seats you reckon?

I thought Luke looked way above his playing weight on Friday night. Could be a long time before he's on the park fully fit again.

I still believe we have the players to win our next three, even with Buddy sidelined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that was the case you'd make him a late withdrawal.

Bit frustrating losing him but injuries happen and he'd be hard to stop cos he's always so keen to play.

Let's just relax a little bit... he hasn't torn it off the bone! He will miss 2-3 weeks...
BULLDOGS
PIES
ESSENDON

I am still very confident about our chances against all 3.. and let's not forget last year, we missed Buddy, Roughy and Rioli did his hammy early against Bombers and we won by 60+ points.

We are not a 1 man show as much as the media try and beat that drum..

Its not all doom and gloom. Our forward set ups become less predictable and with the class of Roughie, Junior and Breust lurking deep the damage will be minimal. I must admit i prefer Roughie up forward anyway-particularly since his got the radar back on track. The Hodge one has me scoobied - is there any-one down there that knows what's going on? It can't be that hard surely.

Hodge wanted to play in the Freo final too and we know how that one ended up.

Have to start wondering, who is making the medical decisions at the club.. The medico's or the match committee.

Henry, you need to chill out.

Maybe the club made a mistake, but if they did scans and it showed nothing, he did fitness tests and it felt great, why not play him? Perhaps he did have a quiet week on the track, but maybe that was being cautious because he cramped against Carlton.

Maybe Essendon didn't do a scan on Hurley this week, which didn't show a minor bleed, which led to a tear. Who is more at fault?

Perhaps collingwood didn't do a CAT scan on wellingham, which didn't show an imminent brain fade. Who is more at fault?

Clubs and players will make mistakes. We need to move on, and back the others in. When my mates tell me "no buddy, no hawthorn", I tell them they are wrong. What better chance to prove it?

Well that was a shock hearing that on the couch. But the funny thing is that our forward line will be very unpredictable. But bud is a massive loss though. I just hope that this does not cost us. Rough will stand up!!

I don't think we will see hodge this year. Seriously every week he is a week away, now he is 2-3 weeks away. 2012 is one big f..k up for our captain, very very disappointing!!!

Henry, you need to chill out.

Maybe the club made a mistake, but if they did scans and it showed nothing, he did fitness tests and it felt great, why not play him? Perhaps he did have a quiet week on the track, but maybe that was being cautious because he cramped against Carlton.

It felt great did it. Interesting...

He didn't cramp against Carlton btw mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back