Injury Buddy out for up to 3 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kicked a hundred odd points in less than a half after Buddy went off Sunday.

This sucks yeah but won't change much. Still confident of winning the next three without him.

Just on Hodge, I'm now firmly of the belief that he should pack it in for this season and concentrate on getting himself right for 2013. I just get the feeling that if he returns later in the season, he'll disrupt the rhythm of the side. Personally, I think the balance of the side is just right and it's taken some time to reach that equilibrium. Hodge needs to be fit and firing on all cylinders to be selected and that might not happen right until we're on the eve of finals.

Kicked a hundred odd points in less than a half after Buddy went off Sunday.

This sucks yeah but won't change much. Still confident of winning the next three without him.

Againts the side that the all stars would beat....Im not really worried about winning or losing becuase if we need Buddy to win games of footy then we are in a trouble.
What i am worried about is how can the Club find a way to rest Burgoyne and have Sewel as a late withdrawal yet we all were concerned about Buddy the most and who we all thought shouldnt of played and should of been the late withdrawal.

Is it posible that the only reason they chose not to rest Buddy even though he said he was ok was so that it will bring people through the gates and help rasie the big green dollar..

26k at the G would of been a hell of lot less had Buddy not shown up....
thats what i said to a friend at the game , now if buddy did not turn up how many people would have gone to watch ??
i also think that the fact that it was not against a top team and was not going to be a hard fought game that they did not worry too much on it he passed what ever test they do the player said he was right .... now if it was say against the cats or the pies would he have been rested mmmm maybe ??at a guess anyway

Is it posible that the only reason they chose not to rest Buddy even though he said he was ok was so that it will bring people through the gates and help rasie the big green dollar..

26k at the G would of been a hell of lot less had Buddy not shown up....

Given that 69% of the gate at the MCG gets shared between the AFL and the clubs involved, plus kids were free on Sunday, you're talking about chicken feed. Completely implausible.

some of you lot a so moronic its laughable.. wot more can the docs do than scans and the like - if these things show NOTHING, then its up to the player - its HIS body FFS, if he says he feels right then who the heck are you to say rest him just cos we can ... i mean come on

Regardless of what the scan showed he wasn't fit enough to train properly. I think that says something about HIS body, yeah?

Given that 69% of the gate at the MCG gets shared between the AFL and the clubs involved, plus kids were free on Sunday, you're talking about chicken feed. Completely implausible.

Are kids always free on Sunday's?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a dream a couple of weeks ago about this. Buddy was out injured for a good while, came back a couple of weeks before the finals. Hawks played well without him and won all games. I know it sounds unlikely but you never know.

What an absolute joke. Heads should roll over this.
It has been a strange year, playing Buddy in the middle for a month, playing him with hamstring injury when all commentators and Dr Larkin and other said to rest him, offering him a $1M a season. We are in good hands. At least we still have a key forward in roughead, surely he will be the focal point for next 3 weeks, someone else can ruck.

no it merely says lets not do something stupid and aggravate it in training
He didn't train and according to Dunstall he was only ever going to play half a game.

So looking at the risk/reward equation:
Reward: Buddy kicks a huge bag against the worst team in the league, keeping him in touch
Risk: Buddy does his hammy and is out for a month.

It's a dumb equation.

If it was a final, or a key match against another top 4 aspirant then the reward is leap frogging a few teams on the ladder. As it was we were playing the way beats and would have had the 4 points anyway. Now we are less equipped to deal with the top sides we are playing in the upcoming weeks.

Just really disappointed.

pretty shattering news. I stand corrected from my statement about Buddy knowing his own body well.

Worst possible news to come home to. Hodge and Buddy. Did not want to be facing the Pies without him.

Still... our inside 50 work and our usage of the ball has been pretty great this year. If we can spot up some other players... we can win all 3 games! This would scare every bloody opposition, if we can win without our best player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back