3. 161, 520, Lance Franklin
4. 170, 383, Alec Albiston
5. 189, 427, Dermott Brereton
6. 213, 475, John Peck
7. 224, 629, Michael Moncrieff
8. 269, 1254, Jason Dunstall
9. 332, 915, Leigh Matthews
10. 426, 320, Michael Tuck
Interesting that in his whole career at Hawthorn Brereton only played about one season's worth of games more than Buddy has so far. And Hudson played about two seasons less than Bud. Wow!

Another way of looking at it ....

Hawthorn FC Ranking
Rank>Total Games>Total Goals>Name

1. 129, 727, Peter Hudson
2. 159, 294, Jarryd Roughead
3. 161, 520, Lance Franklin
4. 170, 383, Alec Albiston
5. 189, 427, Dermott Brereton
6. 213, 475, John Peck
7. 224, 629, Michael Moncrieff
8. 269, 1254, Jason Dunstall
9. 332, 915, Leigh Matthews
10. 426, 320, Michael Tuck

You know if Roughead stays injury free, he could be in the top 6 Hawthorn goal kickers of all time when he retires. That would be a great effort from Roughead. :)

Hudson's record is ridiculous, imagine if he had of played 250-300 games.

Also I know very little of Micky Moncrieff, I knew he was a gun forward but what sort of player was he for those of you that got to see him live??

He doesn't get mentioned much in the same vein as some other Hawks greats, is he underrated?

Hudson's record is ridiculous, imagine if he had of played 250-300 games.

Also I know very little of Micky Moncrieff, I knew he was a gun forward but what sort of player was he for those of you that got to see him live??

He doesn't get mentioned much in the same vein as some other Hawks greats, is he underrated?

Gladys was very under-rated.
Kicked 97 goals in 1976, then played the whole season at FB when Hudson returned in 1977, then kicked 90 in 1978.
Lead and mark type. Brilliant kick for goal.

Just thought I would pop into this thread again (I have been keeping an eye on it all this time) and say a big thank you to Linda Crescent (not sure how to tag?) who has been doing the updates for some time now. You do a great job and it is wonderful to continue seeing Buddy's developing place. Thanks again.

Hudson's record is ridiculous.

Even more ridiculous when you factor in his Tassie records. Kicked around 2109 goals in his career, many of them 3 stone overweight and one one leg. Greatest full forward of all time, the only one who comes close is SA's Ken Farmer who booted 100 goals 11 seasons in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way Buddy is even top 10 hawks players of all time. In my mind, a player can't even begin to be considered for that unless they bust a sweat every game. I don't care what other statistics you throw up.

Buddy needs to step up and play like a Jonathon Brown, Rob Harvey, Jason Dunstall, Gary Ablett Jr, Nathan Buckley, Sam Mitchell... champions who sweat every single game they play(ed)!

Even more ridiculous when you factor in his Tassie records. Kicked around 2109 goals in his career, many of them 3 stone overweight and one one leg. Greatest full forward of all time, the only one who comes close is SA's Ken Farmer who booted 100 goals 11 seasons in a row.

Good to see you keep faith with your own state players. I will give a plug for Ray Hughson from Western Districts in Brisbane. Google his record. He is in the top 15 Full Forwards I have seen. Sam's grandfather ken was no slouch either. Both are in the Qld. team of the century and hall of fame team. Queensland's goal kicking medal is named after Ray Hughson. I will always give a plug for the locals.

There is no way Buddy is even top 10 hawks players of all time. In my mind, a player can't even begin to be considered for that unless they bust a sweat every game. I don't care what other statistics you throw up.

Buddy needs to step up and play like a Jonathon Brown, Rob Harvey, Jason Dunstall, Gary Ablett Jr, Nathan Buckley, Sam Mitchell... champions who sweat every single game they play(ed)!

Hudson never raised a sweat in 1977. Would spend half the game leaning against the goal posts gasping for breath and still kicked over 100 goals. Whenever the name Peter Hudson appears my keyboard goes into overdrive.

Peter Hudson - 1962 - 120 - Upper Derwent - Southern Districts FL
Peter Hudson - 1963 - 079 - New Norfolk - Tasmanian FL
Peter Hudson - 1964 - 111 - New Norfolk - Tasmanian FL
Peter Hudson - 1965 - 131 - New Norfolk - Tasmanian FL.
Peter Hudson - 1966 - 140 - New Norfolk - Tasmanian FL
Peter Hudson - 1967 - 057 - Hawthorn - VFL
Peter Hudson - 1968 - 125 - Hawthorn - VFL
Peter Hudson - 1969 - 120 - Hawthorn - VFL
Peter Hudson - 1970 - 146 - Hawthorn - VFL
Peter Hudson - 1971 - 150 - Hawthorn - VFL
Peter Hudson - 1972 - 008 - Hawthorn - VFL
Peter Hudson - 1973 - 008 - Hawthorn - VFL
Peter Hudson - 1974 - 003 - Hawthorn - VFL
Peter Hudson - 1975 - 076 - Glenorchy - Tasmanian FL.
Peter Hudson - 1976 - 116 - Glenorchy - Tasmanian FL.
Peter Hudson - 1977 - 110 - Hawthorn - VFL
Peter Hudson - 1978 - 191 - Glenorchy - Tasmanian FL.
Peter Hudson - 1979 - 209 - Glenorchy - Tasmanian FL.
Peter Hudson - 1980 - 030 - Glenorchy - Tasmanian FL.

Sorry to chirp in, and personally I can't be bothered doing it, but has someone thought of comparing Buddy's goals at this point to other players when at the same age? For example, I've done a very rough calculation of Lockett's tally when we was about 26 and it comes to around 490. Now I'm not necessarily saying he's going to hit Lockett's record, but it's a damn good statistic if you ask me.

Anyhow, congrats on the win on the weekend, well and truly outplayed our boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy's developing place on the All-Time Ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back