Autopsy Bulldogs continue to make less and less sense as they beat 2nd placed Carlton without key players

Remove this Banner Ad

And he reminded me of Mark Austin at times
You are so wrong!!! Buku had a very solid game. He curtailed Curnow in the first half. An excellent effort against the best forward in the league for at least the last three years. He did not miss a single pass. So he has improved. The coaching staff would be very happy.

I thought Freijah was the best defender. Solid, smart and secure. Coffield improved as the game went on. Lobb was also solid and did a job on his opponent. A job well done IMO. If we have Jones the win would have been better

Liam Jones plays and we win that by a fair bit more I think

We've found a genuine second defender in Lobb
To think our two key tall defenders have less than 10 games experience in defence and they had to face the AFLs two best key forwards. Lobb's lack of experience showed in the first half with McKay running amok. But Rory seemed to change his approach and was outpointing him the further the game went. By the end McKay appeared beaten.

Now on Buku - he has his flaws - the game does not come naturally to him as it does to someone like Darcy. But athletically the boy is elite: leap, strength, agility, balance is elite. He should be a lock as our third defender and given the opportunity he will murder defensive intercept records.

Beveridge - WTF are you doing. This win only makes you all the more frustrating. I can't decide whether his a genius moron or a moronic genius. No idea how we won that particularly when the Bont is not even BOG

McNeil - my pet hate - I concede played a decent last quarter - it's been a long wait for that quarter. If he could give us two of those quarters each game - I'd STFU.

Darcy, Richards, Dale very impressive.

What are you..... a loser?

Fight Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy
What?

Every time Buku got the ball there was an audible groan, so I thought he played well.
Sure it wasn't the BoooKooo calls - a bit like the Bruuuuuce calls that sounded like boos? Hope so anyway as I thought he played well too in the scariest position to be asked to play (on Curnow).

Hope you have a great trip!

We've been held goalless in our last two first quarters, the last time that happened for us was R15-R16 1970.

Not sure we were “held” goalless.should have kicked 7 in those 2 games combined.Some horrendous misses.I can’t fathom how a league footballer can miss from 15 out.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Voss made a comment in his presser that (I think) Weitering got hit in the back illegally a few times without reward but didn't expand.

Need to watch the replay I didn't notice anything.

Interesting comment by Voss.Can still remember how Essendon used to smash into Grants back every time he backed into the hole at CHB.It’s part of footy - if you are going to put yourself there for the team,expect some contact….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried his guts out Buku.

Carlton sent nearly all there attacks through Curnow - doubt if anyone could have done any better than Buku
And with the athleticism of Buku and his intercepting forced Curnow further upfield and wider which contributed to missing some shots.
Also the pressure of 'needing' to kick the goal to get them back on level terms was a factor. We didn't give up too many easy shots on goal

Am I crazy or does a Jones and Lobb pairing look really good for next year. Imagine Lobb with a full pre season learning the craft and then you have 2 KPD that can intercept and cause real problems on turn over
If Lobb or JOD can become our regular KPD it would be huge, although I think both are better suited to playing as interceptors.

Great win Doggies I am very proud of every player.
The mids all did well but isn’t it good to compete against a midfield that has the same pace challenges as us? Richards really adds something.
Hats off to Lobb and Khamis. Thought both battled their heats out and played well.
Credit to JUH. Best game in ages and I hope he brings that effort every week.
How good will Darcy be with another couple of preseasons behind him. Scary good.
Better effort from English but how many turnovers did he have?
Well done Dogs
That weak handball from English at the feet of Gags near made my head explode at the game. How can a professional footballer stuff a 5m handball?

Not sure we were “held” goalless.should have kicked 7 in those 2 games combined.Some horrendous misses.I can’t fathom how a league footballer can miss from 15 out.

Yes, how can the Coleman medal leader miss from 5 metres out? Just leave off McNeill, we've seen misses like this from all our forwards.

I agree with you but on Brownlow night it will be P.Cripps 3
I personally don’t think Cripps was damaging at all. No way should he poll votes ahead of Dale, West, JUH. I wouldn’t give him or Bont a vote for their games. But you know Cripps will get one or two and you’ll know like last year that the fix is in

Can anyone seriously believe that Lachie Neale could be a triple Brownlow medallist….in elite company like Bob Skilton? Lachie ****ing Neale really? Even Cripps possibly being a duel medallist before Bont even has one

Counting down until we see Buku playing as a genuine interceptor rather than a key defender.
He would need to significantly improve his skills and decision making with the ball.

It was his improved defensive positioning that actually had him have his best game

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Bulldogs continue to make less and less sense as they beat 2nd placed Carlton without key players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back