Autopsy Bulldogs continue to make less and less sense as they beat 2nd placed Carlton without key players

Remove this Banner Ad

For those who have called JUH lazy etc.

Dude was smashed in the first half but found a way to get on top and turn the game in the second half- all on who I rate as the best KPD in the game.

A lazy 22 year old with a bad attitude wouldn't have changed his game so quickly.
He will win multiple Coleman medals if he fixes his set shots

Our home game but plenty of Carlton scarves and hats before the game - it felt like a Carlton home game inside the stadium.

I ate in Hardware Lane after the game, and red, white and blue colours were abundant. Could not see a single Carlton scarf or hat. It was glorious.

Sanders looked more at home in a game with lots of stoppages. I thought he looked more comfortable than at any other time this season. He can block and disrupt the opposing team's tags and stoppage system. Seems to be an intelligent footballer. He might just be the next Libba. Wouldn't that be awesome!?

Buku is taking some flack from some on here, but I'd just ask that we remember that he is not a key position defender but was asked to take on one of the game's most dominant forwards and really curbed his influence. Curnow's 10 scoring shots speak to his frustration and selfishness more than any real risk that he was going to tear the game apart. Curnow blazed way and received a good run again from the umpires. Buku deserves our respect for that game - he is not a key defender but gave a more than passable impression of one last night.

Dale was very, very good, and I'd also like to give Libba a shout-out. His bravery and determination are awe-inspiring and as someone else pointed out earlier - his deft touch is back. Libba gave the Carlton mids a torching.

All-in-all, it was a very satisfying outing for all Bullies fans in attendance.

Interesting comment by Voss.Can still remember how Essendon used to smash into Grants back every time he backed into the hole at CHB.It’s part of footy - if you are going to put yourself there for the team,expect some contact….

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Scotty Wynd was great for us taking the bash and crash too.

Come in peace.

Brilliantly executed game plan last night by far the better side especially with your outs.

Speed killed us on that form should make top 8.

Shout out to West very underrated small forwards killed us.

Well done.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ta mate good luck to the Blues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gallagher has to come out of the team next week - 5 touches, 2 of which were turnovers and 2 frees against. I think he'll be a good player but he is so so overdue for a spell. Just isn't impacting games
Hats off to all of our smalls. Watching the replay we again saw our best footy when Bevo allowed (was forced?) to play a much greater diversity of smalls/mediums around the stoppage. Same as in the fourth quarter against the swans. There was a real mix going through there in the 2nd and 3rd quarters especially.

If we’re to do anything this year it’s not going to be on the back of our A grade talls or first string mids carrying us. We need a rotation of the following group getting a chance to relentlessly attack the stoppage or pressure around its edges: West, Garcia, Weightman, McNeil, McRae, Sanders, Poulter, Horse, VDM, Harmes, Gallagher, Daniel, and Scott.

Everyone of those players can cover the ground and contribute elsewhere, while taking the pressure off Libba, Bont, Treloar, and Richards who cannot do it week in week out on their own. Let’s use the depth of the list instead of flogging the likes of Gallagher every week.

If we think about 2015-2016 it was the diversity and depth through our midfield that made us a contender. Picko, McLean, Wallis, Hunter, Dahl, Dunks, Daniel, Libba, Stringer, Bont, McCrae, Jong etc.

Was this the best umpired game in history? Watching the replay with no emotion attached, there weren't many contentious calls at all.
Agree….they were even pretty consistent with the HTB interpretation.

Still makes zero sense to me that if you just drop the ball when tackled that it’s ok

Was this the best umpired game in history? Watching the replay with no emotion attached, there weren't many contentious calls at all.
I thought the early Bailey Williams one was pretty harsh but I guess it set the tone. Didn't look like prior to me .... as we've known it.

I thought the early Bailey Williams one was pretty harsh but I guess it set the tone. Didn't look like prior to me .... as we've known it.
That’s what I mean though, if he just dropped it cold, he would (should) have gotten away with it

That makes more sense than picking up the ball, instantly jumped upon with one arm pinned, and then HTB is called.

It’s a complete mess, and it’s driving me away from the game.

If you want to see how much the game has changed re HTB and yes it's a very different era now and we play in much different conditions, but still have a look at this.

Today, there would be 50 frees in the last 5 minutes of this match.

Feel Bailey Williams needs some props. There was a fair amount of him being questioned early in the year, & that was probably fair enough. But I think he’s consistently in our top ten players week in week out. I’m not sure if it’s as good as his year in 21 (GF aside), but it wouldn’t be too far off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Bulldogs continue to make less and less sense as they beat 2nd placed Carlton without key players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back