Opinion Bulldogs Culture and Brendan McCartney discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Eade had very little to do with recruitment. McCartney was obsessed with it.

Interesting I heard Eade preferred trading as he didn't rate Clayton's work very much after seeing him burn a shed load of first rounders.

People are going to twist things to suit their own entrenched positions, ie if our list goes okay, Macca had nothing to do with it other than to give us high draft picks by being such a crap coach, or that our list went well due to the superb coaching of the new coach... Or Macca was all over recruiting and made a significant contribution to changing and improving how we went about it. Alternatively if our list goes crap, it will because its another thing Macca stuffed up or because our new coach can't coach....

Not going to get anywhere really talking about it.

Eade largely relied on a list built under others to bring us to a prelim. Eade inherited a list in a completely different space to Macca, to compare them is ridiculous.

Yep Rhode and BMac had similar win losses, but again to compare them is ridiculous. Rhode signed Darcy to a 5yr deal..Rhode recruited Rawlins, Koops, Street, etc and in my view his list vandalism in 2003 cost us a GF spot and maybe a premiership. Macca has done the opposite and left our list in very good shape.

The problem with any of these arguments is people will say the coach has little or no input into list management. I would say bollocks to this, but each to their own.
I never said the coach has little or no input into list management.

What i am saying is you give someone like Eade the the resources and $ that were pumped into the football department like Macca had in his 3 years at the club and Eades results could ,no would have been greater than 3 prelims in a row.

Macca had all of the resources he want( 3mil extra) at his disposal compared to Eade and failed.

Maybe Gold Coast should have gone for Macca instead of Eade.

Maybe he would have been better to focus his obsession into coaching.
There lies the problem. If Macca focused that much obsession into coaching as he did recruiting he may have fared better.

Maybe he would have been better to focus his obsession into coaching.

There lies the problem. If Macca focused that much obsession into coaching as he did recruiting he may have fared better.

Perhaps you are talking out of your arse given Gordon said Macca tried to do too much as coach. 'He tried too hard' was given as the reason for his sacking....

I never said the coach has little or no input into list management.

What i am saying is you give someone like Eade the the resources and $ that were pumped into the football department like Macca had in his 3 years at the club and Eades results could ,no would have been greater than 3 prelims in a row.

Macca had all of the resources he want( 3mil extra) at his disposal compared to Eade and failed.

Maybe Gold Coast should have gone for Macca instead of Eade.

Surely it is not that hard to understand the football cycle. The list Rocket inherited were drafted in 1999 to 2003. Three years later we were ready to play finals in 2006. The team Macca inherited were shot Old players a couple in the right aged group and a few kids.

Surely it is not that hard to understand the football cycle. The list Rocket inherited were drafted in 1999 to 2003. Three years later we were ready to play finals in 2006. The team Macca inherited were shot Old players a couple in the right aged group and a few kids.
So our next coach should not taking any credit for any games he wins over the next 3 years because we should be actually crediting those wins to Macca, at least it will help with his win/lose %

Even with some reason and options people just can not see the fact through rose colored glass that the Bulldogs culture and Brendan is that of a losing one, you can try and paint it our you like but it is fact.
That's FACT - now write it out a thousand times

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even with some reason and options people just can not see the fact through rose colored glass that the Bulldogs culture and Brendan is that of a losing one, you can try and paint it our you like but it is fact.
Please continue to miss the point I'm finding it incredibly entertaining.

What is their, 10 regular posters left on this board, wonder why they rest have not bothered to post on this site anymore.

What is their, 10 regular posters left on this board, wonder why they rest have not bothered to post on this site anymore.
Kelpa, it has nothing to do with the board and everything to do with the club
Whatever side of the fence you sit on - supporters are not happy - I am not happy
Some are happy and can't understand why the entire supporter base isn't celebrating

The club has to restore confidence or you will find the membership and attendance will drop further

Most normal people like to get on a board like this to share good positive feelings
At the minute that is harder to find. The recent events continue to resonate
Theexpected coaching appointments may change the mood or they may not.

Again - the board can only be representative of the clubs supporters

I can tell you, I much preferred the mood of the board last year -the anticipation of trade, drafts and preseason was optimistic and enjoyable.

Please continue to miss the point I'm finding it incredibly entertaining.
Mike I get the feeling that you could do a fascinating study on the psychology of this board and be set for life. :D

I th
Mike I get the feeling that you could do a fascinating study on the psychology of this board and be set for life. :D
I think we have gone thru a few stages
Following recent events : shock, denial, anger,resignation and now signs of humor. All part of the healing process...
Various posters are at various stages some still very touchy

I th
Following recent events : shock, denial, anger,resignation and now signs of humor. All part of the healing process...

On a different topic
Nice to spread the love out ballarat
Way. Reckon it might be as effective planting a firm stake down around werribee - fastest growing population belt in Australia - 4 /5 times the size of ballarat
You know maybe hook up with the council at wyndhamvale and some developers or maybe just train down their
Nice having the whiten oval and all but if your going to look at afl games outside melbourne inner city
There is a hell of a lot of vacant land and a railwAy line

Hey maybe it's a 20-30 year plan but plant a stake in the ground now
And get ahead of the game for a change

Any chance we could at least talk up a storm and see where it leads
The lack of imagination God almighty

Bloody Presbyterians

I th
Sorry to disappoint but the five stages of grief are mostly bullshit. They provide an interesting summary but aren't really scientific.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Bulldogs Culture and Brendan McCartney discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back