Bulldogs favourites to get Cousins

Remove this Banner Ad

Because unlike the Swines, the AFL doesn't want us to succeed, there's no money in that when they can pump unlimited funds into the Swines and buy them premierships like they did a few years ago and boost their revenue in the NSW market.:cool:

That's possibly the most accurate observation that's ever been made on BigFooty.

Fair enough, your entitled to it. I'd just really like to know from someone close to Cousins (or himself for that matter) what his frame of mind is.

If we were to get Cousins I believe it should be for team performance reasons only. While it would be nice to help out a person in strife I can see it being a distraction to us moving forward. Our team has had a history of being noted for its level of brilliant individuals and this hasn't brought us team success. We are in a situation where it seems the message coming from Whitten Oval is a team first message with the performances so far showing this, and I would hope that this continues and any player coming into the mix should fit the team first ethos. Would picking up Ben Cousins and making a big deal out of helping him recover from his addiction be helpful to what we are trying to achieve?[/quote]

I doubt it very much.

I also don't particularly care what happens to Cousins in the future as he isn't a particularly easy person to warm to, via the media of course.

He also doesn't play for the Doggies and I hope this is a situation that continues.

Once you have your first high on drugs you are forever trying to reach that high again yet you can't.

Cousins will never reach the high again on the football field.

The past is the past and Cousins is the past, move on.

Would never happen, too much of a liability off field, I still think he can play some good AFL football but we've got too many talented younger players and guys in their prime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs favourites to get Cousins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back