Game Day Bulldogs vs Freo @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do we miss A Pearce, with him and Hamling controlling the backline it lifted Wilson and Ryan to their best form and then we could have Logue and another playing their role. WIth Hamling on his own everyone else can't lay a tackle and crap themselves everytime they have the ball.
It’s been a few weeks. The team had to get over it and try and get the set up right. Can’t keep going back to Pearce. Expecting Logue to come in and do the same is unfair. Should’ve have a defensive structure that have the team defending.

The way things are going we will end up with another top 5 pick again. For us to squander on someone like Cerra (who we play out of position) or Logue (who shouldn’t have been taken in the top 10).

Even awful teams like the saints and blues are finishing the year with some positive signs. Just us and Melbourne that aren’t

Watch the first 3/4 games of the season and say Wilson was in form. He's been attrocious all year bar a couple of good ones that got everybody (including me) excited again. Has to come out.
I think he's injured and been receiving jabs in his foot. We did this with Alex Pierce last year and he has some atrocious kicking then breaks his foot this year.

We can't keep playing injured players and we can't keep accepting these type of injuries as normal and something we can't do anything about. We can and should!

Hill always asking for cheap handballs. In the defensive 50. Every time

I’m convinced it’s an instruction. “Give the ball to the better users”. But that abrogates the responsibility for everyone in the list to a) make good decisions) and b) improve their skills.

If you’re gonna try to diss me at least get my username right. I haven’t used that term in a looooong time. Don’t do a Ross Lyon. Don’t be stuck in the past :)

7 goals down. Let’s see if the master coach can make some changes or if we will persist with what’s clearly not working.
all in jest bro :)
And yes, will be interested to see if we can actually step up and stop the bleeding!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our players don’t want to be there,it’s like we’ve shut up shop for the year already*- Actually that was 4 weeks ago
These 2nd half season fade outs demand something be done/changed with this club otherwise we’re going no where but back to the rebuild table

The undeniable fact is we are a poorly skilled team with an inability to consistently create scoring opportunities.
No doubt we lack a few skilled players but with the collection of talent we have out there are we underperforming and if so how much of that is to do with the coaching and how much is just the players aren't good enough compared to the other teams at this level?

I've checked out mentally and emotionally this year (to the extent I ever do) so hoping to perhaps be a little more objective about what's actually going on.

How can we be so sparkling and creative in the first 20 minutes and then so completely disintegrate?

Its a pattern that repeats almost every game in micro and in macro over the course of every year, we start strong and fall to bits.
Just awful to watch this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back