Prediction Changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we should have any whipping boys and believe that our players can only play to their abilities, or we might as well wat Robot Wars or look forward to a future of AI players.

I don't see him as an upgrade on anybody - he's just a skinny kid who plays with his heart

Sorry but what Sturt has lacked all his career, isn’t skills or athletic ability, it’s heart. I’m a fan and I hope he realises his potential but he hasn’t got the heart of less talented players like Emmett. But I still think he is a better option if he can just up the effort and intensity and maintain it at an AFL level

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sorry but what Sturt has lacked all his career, isn’t skills or athletic ability, it’s heart. I’m a fan and I hope he realises his potential but he hasn’t got the heart of less talented players like Emmett. But I still think he is a better option if he can just up the effort and intensity and maintain it at an AFL level

Sturt has had to fight through a series of bad injuries and never ending niggles. Disappointing ends to a few seasons because of this. He fought his way back into the team and played well against Melbourne.

Feel like it's a bit harsh to say he has no heart.

He's lacked continuity.

Lacks heart ? … That’s ridiculous.

From memory, after the Melbourne game JL said they played with one less inside mid and added an extra to the forward line. He said this worked well. Perhaps I’m taking too much from that comment, but I’m guessing the sub will be Johnson. They won’t start a forward sub, because that would be a return to the structure before Melbourne game.

For them:

Out: Johannisen, Harmes, Naughton, Darcy, Garcia
In: Ugle-Hagan, Liberatore, Freijah, Sanders, Scott

For us:

In: Amiss, Sturt, Switkowski
Out: Voss, Emmett, Simpson

May have missed a change here or there.
Of those, Darcy was a headache. So hard to match up on.

Liberatore and Richards are a worry. Legit no nonsense contested bulls that Fremantle usually struggle against. Liberatore loves his 10+ clearances, if he’s on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory, after the Melbourne game JL said they played with one less inside mid and added an extra to the forward line. He said this worked well. Perhaps I’m taking too much from that comment, but I’m guessing the sub will be Johnson. They won’t start a forward sub, because that would be a return to the structure before Melbourne game.
Backing JOM inside as well.
It’s a good balance. Johnson is a better sub option.

Don’t think it’s heart. More fitness and lack of availability.
His work v Melbourne was underrated tbh. Only 1 goal but he was in the right spots and pressured hard. He’s a better forward than Emmett, which changes the team for the better.
Sturt also has good awareness around 50 with his kicking.

AFL saying Bonts been ill all week and barely trained. They're intimating he'll play, but if he was pretty crook it could quell his influence at the speed the game will need to move at - Freo would certainly look to exploit it in the middle; we saw that with Petracca a few years ago in that 2022 infamous MCG win

AFL saying Bonts been ill all week and barely trained. They're intimating he'll play, but if he was pretty crook it could quell his influence at the speed the game will need to move at - Freo would certainly look to exploit it in the middle; we saw that with Petracca a few years ago in that 2022 infamous MCG win
In keeping with all the political correctness bullshit going on these days, we should demand a full disclosure of Bonts’ ailment lest our tagger contracts something like Covid.
They do have a duty of care which must extend to players’ contracting an illness; it’s more than just injuries.
I doubt Bailey Banfield, as a tagger, would relish wearing a face mask 😷 but would be within his rights and gloves too.
Far simpler to withdraw him if he has a communicable virus etc..

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back