Game Day Bulldogs vs Freo @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The undeniable fact is we are a poorly skilled team with an inability to consistently create scoring opportunities.
No doubt we lack a few skilled players but with the collection of talent we have out there are we underperforming and if so how much of that is to do with the coaching and how much is just the players aren't good enough compared to the other teams at this level?
We always seem to have a lot a talented players and still loose when at matters.

The sad part is nobody from the players to the coach(es) to the board will be held accountable for this. The same old excuses will be trotted out and the nuffies will lap it up and regurgitate it here and on social media

Yep and when you give your honest opinion on how bad things are you get called negative.

Christ sake. Can’t even hit a 3m handball. Must be Lyons faukt hey?
Can’t follow this line of reasoning. If it’s always the players fault, why even have a coach?

Perhaps we could train skills (focus on skills, rather than second-hand training them)? Or perhaps make a point to pick the most skilled players each week? Or accept we aren’t the most skilled team and create a game plan around that knowledge?

I don’t think Lyon gets to abrogate responsibility just because players occasionally make mistakes.

Crozier would easily be best 22 in our side.
thing is he wasn't. Not the way he was being coached and where he was played. Another of the inexplicable decisions Lyon makes. Crozier was tried as a half back, performed quite well and then was summarily put back in the dead zone at half forward and never tried down there again.

Can’t follow this line of reasoning. If it’s always the players fault, why even have a coach?

Perhaps we could train skills (focus on skills, rather than second-hand training them)? Or perhaps make a point to pick the most skilled players each week? Or accept we aren’t the most skilled team and create a game plan around that knowledge?

I don’t think Lyon gets to abrogate responsibility just because players occasionally make mistakes.

Mate, it’s a 3m handball at a players foot. Enough said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This would be easier to cop if our list was a steaming pile of shit. Sad thing is our list is actually pretty decent, would love to see the potential of a lot of our players under a coach who actually let them play and didn't coach all the flair and creativity out of them

A month ago I was really worried about Hill and Langdon leaving. Actually, a bit of a clean-out might be the best thing.

If we can get a couple of good picks for them, and keep our 1st and 2nd picks (and Henry) we could pick up 5 or 6 good young kids who can all come through together.

The other option is to keep serving up this rubbish and just hope things change.

**** me. I actually think we would be better off letting Langdon leave. Bloke cannot kick.

I'm finding this really hard to understand. Season on the line, door ajar with Port and Crows losing and we are being totally outworked all over the ground. Where is this 'great effort' that they all talk about non-stop.

Would like to see some accountability for this, but not holding my breath. Another season down the crapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back