Burge Leaving

Remove this Banner Ad

I like it, they have a proven system and if this guy knows it enough to maintain and continue it then we save money and reduce the risk that a change in regime causes injuries from the adjustment

Would be a different story if our strength and conditioning had been a mess but it really hasn’t been
I know nothing about strength and conditioning but I’d imagine they all use the most recent recent evidence-based science in their programs.

Caro said the other day it will be an internal promotion.
thats farken fu*ked if true

we must be trying to save $$$

we need the best especially since we have a lot of over 30s

thats farken fu*ked if true

Even the best of the best have to have come from somewhere.
There is no reason why they can't be from within.
I was concerned by the number of injuries we had again this year...and how it again seemed to cruel our season.
But it could just be a fact of life with an aging list...and it does give younger players their chance...even ahead of George.
I haven't seen any evidence yet that I shouldn't trust the club to make the right decisions.

What a joke. That Dimma pay rise starting to bite now. Best assistants gone and can't even get a decent PT guy now.

Burge leaves with the huge honor of overseeing the most hamstring injuries' of any club in a season in history. Well done Pete!
You’re one of the greatest wingers I’ve seen on this forum , carp about absolutely everything , reckon if someone gave you a gold bullion you’d complain It was too heavy , my guess is you were a previous winger buried that pseudonym and created this one , might be time to reinvent the next

Have to go global to get the best, poach someone from the NFL or Premier league.

I’d love that too, but you’ve got offer room for internal people to grow or they’ll leave for other clubs. Seems to have worked well promoting Matty Clark in recruiting.

You’re one of the greatest wingers I’ve seen on this forum , carp about absolutely everything , reckon if someone gave you a gold bullion you’d complain It was too heavy , my guess is you were a previous winger buried that pseudonym and created this one , might be time to reinvent the next
I was a very good winger so good call BJ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*whinger

Complain too about being hung with a brand new rope!

it's one of those things with the performance blokes I reckon, once you get your pre-season wrong, the list's whole base fitness (strength and conditioning) just creates injuries all season IMO

Burge can leave for all I care.

Our list has been continuously hampered by injuries and the inability to manage them the past two seasons has cost us dearly.

In 2019, 2020 we had bad injuries but the group came good at the right time, maybe a testament to Burge? I'm unsure...

But the way in which,

• Dusty's hammy niggle was an 11 week injury
  • Prestia couldn't stay on the park
  • Lambert retired due to injury
  • Vlastuin missing on average 5 games a year...
  • Tarrant played with a broken thumb all year
  • Lynch has been unsuccessful managing groin and soft tissue injuries where he's missing 5 games a year
  • Dow/RCD have built zero muscle mass with years at the club

It's just failure after failure on Burge.

I'm certainly unhappy at his lack of replacement, but he's genuinely shit and I'm glad he's gone.

It's amazing how good people lose their jobs when clubs aren't successful, but the reputation of sub-par employers is enhanced due to the success around them.

Burge is lucky Richmond is a system based team. Good riddance.

Our list has been continuously hampered by injuries and the inability to manage them the past two seasons has cost us dearly.

In 2019, 2020 we had bad injuries but the group came good at the right time, maybe a testament to Burge? I'm unsure...

But the way in which,

• Lynch has been unsuccessful managing groin and soft tissue injuries where he's missing 5 games a year

I'm certainly unhappy at his lack of replacement, but he's genuinely s**t and I'm glad he's gone.

It's amazing how good people lose their jobs when clubs aren't successful, but the reputation of sub-par employers is enhanced due to the success around them.

• Dusty was due a bit of bad luck with injury, he has been so durable for years.
  • Prestia came to us injury prone, as did Lynch.
  • You are really blaming a guys progressive hip condition on Burge?

• Dusty was due a bit of bad luck with injury, he has been so durable for years.
  • Prestia came to us injury prone, as did Lynch.
  • You are really blaming a guys progressive hip condition on Burge?
Burge has the fancy title, he gets the big bucks and he genuinely failed at keeping our best 22 on the park for multiple years. If they did play, they were underdone and didn't have continuity.

We weren't in contention in 2021 because our injuries were out of control, in 2022, probably the greatest player in our clubs history couldn't play 10 games in a season.

Am I blaming Burge? I dunno, but I'm not upset he's gone and I'll happily load up his Myki to get him to the depths of irrelevance aka, the old Waverly Park.

Not impressed with him one bit, never have been. Testament to our coaches and players for winning premierships

But the way in which,

I'm certainly unhappy at his lack of replacement, but he's genuinely s**t and I'm glad he's gone.

I would have thought getting Tarrant through the year with a broken thumb was more of a positive then a negative

When the whips were cracking he had our squad placed better than most of our opponents. Zero injuries all season just never happens and expecting it to us laughable

Remove this Banner Ad

Burge Leaving

Remove this Banner Ad

Back