Burge Leaving

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's hope they did a process before looking within as I'm not big on promoting within as he would have been involved with Burge to. At our best we brought in the right people fitness and coaches etc club needs to do that not save $$$.

Age catches up with you to can't control that.Cotchin and Prestia always have had there issues same as Graham and Grimes.

I would have thought getting Tarrant through the year with a broken thumb was more of a positive then a negative

When the whips were cracking he had our squad placed better than most of our opponents. Zero injuries all season just never happens and expecting it to us laughable
Like I said, I don't care for him and i'm glad he's gone. He isn't cream of the crop

• Dusty was due a bit of bad luck with injury, he has been so durable for years.
  • Prestia came to us injury prone, as did Lynch.
  • You are really blaming a guys progressive hip condition on Burge?
Burge was paid to prepare the team to be physically ready for the demands of 25 weeks of footy at the end of preseason and then avoid and rehab injuries.

He can't be blamed for collision injuries, however, he can be blamed for soft tissue injuries. Particularly poor is reoccurring soft tissue injuries' and to our most important players. His record on that front is the worst in the AFL.

He would have been told mid-year he wasn't getting another contract and hence found another club. So if they weren't happy with him mid-year imagine how pissed they were by year end.

Burge was paid to prepare the team to be physically ready for the demands of 25 weeks of footy at the end of preseason and then avoid and rehab injuries.

He can't be blamed for collision injuries, however, he can be blamed for soft tissue injuries. Particularly poor is reoccurring soft tissue injuries' of which we had a handful to our most important players this year. His record on that front is the worst in the AFL.
I dunno even on the soft tissue ones I think he did alright we really had the following;

Grimes - has had soft issue concerns often early on and Burge got him right for a solid block of his career before a bad one this year
Prestia - body simply isn't up for a full year of football, don't think there's a strength and conditioning team anywhere that would do a better job with Prestia's body
Martin - missed the preseason cause of a collision injury and the death of his father, was playing catch up all year and at his age you can't do it. Also Dimma loves to throw Dusty in underdone (don't know what Burge was advocating behind the scenes)
Cotchin - getting old but was always fit when the whips were cracking

Lynch - maybe could say he's been mismanaged but again really had an excellent season and was ready to go for finals

He can't be blamed for collision injuries, however, he can be blamed for soft tissue injuries. Particularly poor is reoccurring soft tissue injuries' and to our most important players. His record on that front is the worst in the AFL.

He would have been told mid-year he wasn't getting another contract and hence found another club. So if they weren't happy with him mid-year imagine how pissed they were by year end.
Please provide data showing this to be true.

Please provide data showing this to be true.
Martin - 11 weeks of rehab on a hammy
Grimes (Including tendon injury)
Vlaustin
Prestia
Lynch
Cotchin
Nank - Groin

More than 35 games missed by our top 10 players in 2022 due to soft tissue injuries

You name a team with a worse soft tissue list than that?

Pretty obvious why he was sacked.

Last edited:
No data required. Anybody with half a clue knows this is true.
No, data is always required, it’s why it’s one of the most valuable commodities of the 21st century. And only fools ignore it.

FYI, I’m not saying that what your posting is false, but that id like to see the data to back up your assumption.

It’s also vital that you understand the data. It’s pointless pointing out all our injuries without comparison to other clubs.

Martin - 11 weeks of rehab on a hammy
Grimes (Including tendon injury)
Vlaustin
Prestia
Lynch
Cotchin
Nank - Groin

More than 35 games missed by our top 10 players in 2022 due to soft tissue injuries

You name a team with a worse soft tissue list than that?

Pretty obvious why he was sacked.
I don't attribute 11 weeks to Dusty's hammy. I think he needed general conditioning to regain his trademark power after the surgery. I'm not confident we see his best again. He shouldn't have been selected in the final.

Cotchin playing 19 was good enough. Gives depth players a go. I'm a bit concerned with his final.
Prestia played 19 games. Huge improvement on previous years. Getting injured was a blow. Selection of TT & JH will be huge.
Grimes. Grimes Rd 1 had a thumb injury. and then bad hammy....he's had one bad year in 5 or 6. Grimes was covered by Gibcus/Tarrant.
Vlas had knee and ankle injuries in 2021. Hammies early 2022, Rib injury late 2022
Lynch had a meniscus injury in 2021. Plays 19 games this year. Thats a PASS in Dr TTT's book.
Balta did one too. Kicking awkwardly. Made a OK come back.
Nank was expected to miss 6-8 weeks with an abductor and missed none.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Burge Leaving

Remove this Banner Ad

Back