Bye bye Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admire your passion for it. We all want the same thing, ultimately, which is success for NMFC. I hope one day soon we all celebrate together.
Thanks but it’s not just “my passion” believe you me . There are a lot of people here on BF thinking & agreeing with me or are at least beginning to think what bang for buck $ are we getting out of this old man with baggage & with surely some scarred mental health issues (don’t blame him for that) but they are afraid to speak up fearing the crap I’m copping from some people here that have NFI or are just gutless fence sitters taking rude abusive pot shots from behind their keyboards on people who have the actual right to state their opinion. Agree or not this is what this forum is actually about .
One thing is for sure … the “bye bye Clarkson” thread is not going anywhere despite some desperate posters calling it closed whilst this old man who’s passed it continues being there & the team continues not showing anything week in week out & in a lot of cases going backwards.

Thanks but it’s not just “my passion” believe you me . There are a lot of people here on BF thinking & agreeing with me or are at least beginning to think what bang for buck $ are we getting out of this old man with baggage & with surely some scarred mental health issues (don’t blame him for that) but they are afraid to speak up fearing the crap I’m copping from some people here that have NFI or are just gutless fence sitters taking rude abusive pot shots from behind their keyboards on people who have the actual right to state their opinion. Agree or not this is what this forum is actually about .
One thing is for sure … the “bye bye Clarkson” thread is not going anywhere despite some desperate posters calling it closed whilst this old man who’s passed it continues being there & the team continues not showing anything week in week out & in a lot of cases going backwards.
So much delusion I don’t even know where to start.

You're copping it because you’re full of shit.

The only old man who’s past it is you.

And you’re an absolute hypocrite you complain about people being rude and abusive but you’re far ruder and more abusive than anyone here.

Anyway people are awake to just how weak and pathetic you are with your anti Clarkson crusade.

Shouldn't indulge this but alright RossHenshaw.

Sonja calls you in as a consultant - what's your plan?

Immediately terminate Clarkson? Install one of the assistants as interim?

Who do you shortlist as replacement? What type of coach? What is your comeback when managers decline your approach to interview citing instability?

What do you say to LDU and other players hesitating to commit amid the instability?

What does your media release say?

Do you keep Viney?

Who do you shortlist as replacement? What type of coach? What is your comeback when managers decline your approach to interview citing instability?

What do you say to LDU and other players hesitating to commit amid the instability?

Do you keep Viney?
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Do you keep Viney?
I don't think this is the question.

I think it would be "How do you plan to retain any of the staff that Clarko brought with him?"

Its not should he keep Viney its would be why in the ever loving f*** would Viney (& several others) stay even if you want to retain them?

I don't think this is the question.

I think it would be "How do you plan to retain any of the staff that Clarko brought with him?"

Its not should he keep Viney its would be why in the ever loving f*** would Viney (& several others) stay even if you want to retain them?
Agree but want to understand Ross' thought process.

In the event Viney was open to staying are you finishing him up too?

Playing devils advocate here but who at the club is keeping Clarko and Viney accountable? It’s all good for posters to say we are all in on Clarko and Viney and have no other alternative but what’s the time frame for the blind faith strategy? What are the KPI’s? When does this thread start to be relevant?

Do you keep Viney?
Dead Silence GIF by Studios 2016

Playing devils advocate here but who at the club is keeping Clarko and Viney accountable? It’s all good for posters to say we are all in on Clarko and Viney and have no other alternative but what’s the time frame for the blind faith strategy? What are the KPI’s? When does this thread start to be relevant?
I'd imagine they report to the CEO and ultimately the board of directors.

Clarkson has a 5 year contract, not sure about Viney but I'd assume it's a package deal. Given we're 1.5 years into the contract and they've been appointed with a long term strategy in mind, I doubt we're anywhere even close to the thread being relevant.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

When does this thread start to be relevant?

The last year of his contract.

I base this on our ability to pay out and rebuild the FD if required. It is seemingly how the club acts.

We simply won't do it with more than a year to run on the contract.

The only way Clarkson wouldn't be here then is if he decides to leave.

Playing devils advocate here but who at the club is keeping Clarko and Viney accountable?
The Board and Sonja as they are the ones that pushed the chips into the middle for Clarko.

Do you keep Viney?

I asked him several weeks ago who his choice of coach would be and he said Lynch, our VFL coach! Can you believe that!! No words. He then followed up with Blake Caracella and Lynch as Assistant! I mean, really!! You’d have half the team walk out that’s for sure! Guaranteed walk out! I’d go out on strike!

I'd imagine they report to the CEO and ultimately the board of directors.

Clarkson has a 5 year contract, not sure about Viney but I'd assume it's a package deal. Given we're 1.5 years into the contract and they've been appointed with a long term strategy in mind, I doubt we're anywhere even close to the thread being relevant.

I would assume there needs to be checkpoints and thresholds along the way? We can’t just lose the next 70 games by 10 goals just because we have a contract in place. Maybe we can. I think it’s important that the board articulates the long term strategy better to the members and supporters. I for one am not sure what it is. Maybe I have missed it. The expectation this year was to see improvement both on and off field. We have achieved neither.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would assume there needs to be checkpoints and thresholds along the way? We can’t just lose the next 70 games by 10 goals just because we have a contract in place. Maybe we can. I think it’s important that the board articulates the long term strategy better to the members and supporters. I for one am not sure what it is. Maybe I have missed it. The expectation this year was to see improvement both on and off field. We have achieved neither.
Fair points there.

I'd imagine there's ongoing dialogue between the board and footy department. I'd also expect they'd get longer than 1.5 years before their jobs were questioned.

I'd like the long term vision to be shared as it would give the general membership clarity around the path we're taking.

One thing we can guarantee is that are no guarantees that what were doing will work.

Maybe it has to get worse before it gets better.

It’s a long time ago but when he was first at the Hawks, Clarko could’ve kept all the fair/good players of Schwab’s era and stayed competitive, kept scraping into finals and topping up. Or he could’ve played all the kids in the situations and positions they would eventually thrive in, experiencing shortterm pain for the greater good in the long run.

I’m believing that the latter is happening. My only concern is that we’ve got a few middle age/seniors who have been waiting a long time to feel the winning feeling, and they might want out. Clarko walked into a capable and relatively successful side at the Hawks in the early 00’s. We’re different, we’ve been an outright bollock schnitzel for half a decade and I just hope we don’t lose as much talent as we’re getting in.

But damn it is hard watching Hawks and Eagles get some nourishment. I still think the teams we put on the park are better than 0/12. But that’s a demon I’m gonna have to wrestle with without defaulting to only criticising our coach, the one guy who actually said yes to fixing it.

Can we go back to the 'Bye Bye Brad's thread or at least talk about rice cookers and dimmies?
Speaking of The Bard this quote from The Scottish Play sums up this thread pretty well…

It is a tale
Told by an idiot
Full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Do you keep Viney?
King Corey … wow 😯
So many questions….
I don’t get paid nor do I have the expertise to answer all those scenarios & questions ?!
I mean wtf ? My thread is bye bye Clarkson (not bye bye Clarkson ) here’s my plan for the whole nmfc organisation.
I don’t get paid a tenth of what Clarkos on. As they say “that why you get paid the big bucks “ but I know one thing for sure .. in normal business a CEO would not have lasted by now on what Clarkson has done or shown so far …

King Corey … wow 😯
So many questions….
I don’t get paid nor do I have the expertise to answer all those scenarios & questions ?!
I mean wtf ? My thread is bye bye Clarkson (not bye bye Clarkson ) here’s my plan for the whole nmfc organisation.
I don’t get paid a tenth of what Clarkos on. As they say “that why you get paid the big bucks “ but I know one thing for sure .. in normal business a CEO would not have lasted by now on what Clarkson has done or shown so far …

That “normal business” you speak of probably wouldn’t even exist if its culture was lurching from crisis to crisis sacking CEO’s every year. Especially if it was paying out $4million in contracts every time.

But no, if I come past your lemonade stand Ross, I’ll give you a dollar: everyone’s gotta start somewhere champ.

Coward? Me ?
Wtf ? You are the grub bottom feeder ultimate keyboard pot shooter . Invitation open (premiership club) Vs the pies Sunday week…
Let’s see who’s the coward. Scum
What is this? Meet me behind the bike shed after school?

lol

The stomach for the fight is about enduring the pain we’re going through in an effort to rebuild from the ground up so we can build a winning and competitive team that will be in flag contention, not just a side that will eke out a few wins and some honourable losses.

Because you’re not getting the odd sugar hit you’ve chucked a huge tantrum and thrown your toys out of the cot and lashed out at the best equipped person in the universe who might be just able to drag us out of the quagmire we’ve got ourselves into over a long period of time.

What is this? Meet me behind the bike shed after school?

lol

The stomach for the fight is about enduring the pain we’re going through in an effort to rebuild from the ground up so we can build a winning and competitive team that will be in flag contention, not just a side that will eke out a few wins and some honourable losses.

Because you’re not getting the odd sugar hit you’ve chucked a huge tantrum and thrown your toys out of the cot and lashed out at the best equipped person in the universe who might be just able to drag us out of the quagmire we’ve got ourselves into over a long period of time.
What is this ? Deflection on my invitation?
You finally decide to put a post up that is not a pot shot ?!
You intellect 👏
Even though it’s full of shit & I don’t agree with any of it ,
But good on you .
Still haven’t had a response to my invite … I thought you said u were a premiership club member ?

What is this ? Deflection on my invitation?
You finally decide to put a post up that is not a pot shot ?!
You intellect 👏
Even though it’s full of shit & I don’t agree with any of it ,
But good on you .
Still haven’t had a response to my invite … I thought you said u were a premiership club member ?
As if I’m going to sully my over-priced premiership club beer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back