windsock

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2002
x
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
A friend saw Choppy and Daniel Motlop on the turps at the Spy Lounge in King street at 5am on Saturday night. Byron can play back in Perth or Adelaide or wherever he calls home if this is any guide.

Originally posted by windsock
A friend saw Choppy and Daniel Motlop on the turps at the Spy Lounge in King street at 5am on Saturday night. Byron can play back in Perth or Adelaide or wherever he calls home if this is any guide.
Agreed. Thats a disgrace! And i can kinda verify that as David Bourke and Joe McLaren were punters at my gig on Saturday night and were in pretty good form! Mind you, they had at least played their game for the weekend already! Anyway, i caught up for a quick chat after the show and they said they were off to the Spy Lounge to hook up with "some of the boys".

Its a worry.:rolleyes:

um can i ask why they were at Spy Lounge Saturday night/Sunday morn coz the girls at Tafe come in boasting about the strip nights they see there Saturday nights. David Bourke doesn't surprise me and i kno Shagga goes there to pick up his barely legal chicks but Joey :eek: don't tell me he's a bit on the David Bourke side is he

...oh and it's not the first time i've heard sightings of Choppy bein out on the p1ss during the season either!

The Brothers Can Leave Home

A good friend of mine was at the Spy Lounge too and can confirm that Byron Pickett and Daniel Motlop were there along with a few Essendon players on Saturday night/Sunday morning. This sort of stuff BEFORE a match is disgraceful. I'm most disappointed in D. Motlop as it was only about his 3rd game for the season, you'd reckon that he'd be keen to try and cement his place in the senior side. As for Byron he can go back home or wherever else takes his fancy he's had an ordinary year by his standards and now I'm starting to understand why! I hope this gets back to the club!

that might explain a serious drop in form for my favorite player.i hope somebody takes them both aside and explains to them that discipline is required to play top level football and to be out on the grog early on a game day morning is unforgivable.perhaps a spell in the magoos for the rest of the season will get the message through.

roos to rule in 2002

byron could be the best (if he stays off the grog)

I can tell you for a fact that in Choppy's All Oz year he was out on the sauce and was absolutely rotten mid-week almost every week during that season. I saw him once at a pub when with a mate who was a regular there and he said Choppy was there without fail every week. I know its not quite as poor as the night before a game, but its still pretty ordinary IMO. But didnt stop him from being named in a servey of all coaches that year as the player behind Carey who they would take from our list.

But then i used to see Arch out regularly in the early 90's and he was a mess and look at him now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Byron and Motlop on the juice on Sat night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back