• Parkdale Vultures

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mazenod

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GP chris did get the mug. 20 to 30 touches and a couple of goals from the back pocket was a fair game. All played well and was a hard fought win. Oakleigh have a couple of forwards that move well and if had've kicked a bit straighter would've made for a gripping finish. Macca still doin the biz down back too.

So Rupo had a draw. Well done fellas. The u19 player you took for the game would have meant a win for the u19s. The quick fix will never build a footy club.

You bag the u19 coach all the time, you bag selection, you have no idea. Yet you seem passionate about Rupo. The boy brought up plays TAC Cup and it is strongly suggested these players play seniors. Expect more u19 players to be blooded as we build a successful side for the future. The U19's have always been and probably will always be how we build a senior side. No club puts under 19's ahead of seniors at the selection table and never will.

Shut your trap you uneducated simpleton. The bigotry and intolerance some of you plebs show towards our proud club is repugnant. So willing you are to go against AJAX purely for the sake of it. We just want to be viewed by everyone in the same manner they view others.

Uneducated simpleton ? I have been called afew things in my time but never that, where in my post was there any hint of intolerance or bigotry? All i stated was fact - are you denying that your senior coach made a plea to the supporter base to improve their behaviour prior to the season starting? If so, why was it front page news in the AJN?

If you actually read my post you will see I rate you midfield as good as most in A Section - Lewski, Ritterman, Routman (whn fit) Bleiden and co are top shelf and would walk into any club in the VAFA

If you can't get down of your high horse for 5 minutes and read something before flying off the handle, thats your problem - not mine.

Shut your trap you uneducated simpleton. The bigotry and intolerance some of you plebs show towards our proud club is repugnant. So willing you are to go against AJAX purely for the sake of it. We just want to be viewed by everyone in the same manner they view others.

Yosi you are your own worst enemy. No recent posts (including mine) made any reference to race/religion or anything remotely bigoted. I don't give a toss about these issues, I just saw some very biased umpiring and called it for that.

Calm down or get off.

Uneducated simpleton ? I have been called afew things in my time but never that, where in my post was there any hint of intolerance or bigotry? All i stated was fact - are you denying that your senior coach made a plea to the supporter base to improve their behaviour prior to the season starting? If so, why was it front page news in the AJN?

If you actually read my post you will see I rate you midfield as good as most in A Section - Lewski, Ritterman, Routman (whn fit) Bleiden and co are top shelf and would walk into any club in the VAFA

If you can't get down of your high horse for 5 minutes and read something before flying off the handle, thats your problem - not mine.

I wouldn't be too concerned with yosi's sledge. The club's culture is to wind people up and get a negative reaction, they thrive on it. Just simply point out that it is their club that has recently been done for a display of intolerance and bigotry.

You would have to say there 2's umpire recieves the most comments. Against us he payed around 10 25mtr penalties against us in the first 15mins, they kicked 5 goals to nothing. What i will say we were very undisciplined and the problems escalated, we had never come across this guy ever before, so we had no idea what he was like. I would diplomatically call it a biassed, questionable performance, however the blame was not entirely his.

Other than that i did not see anything that was unusual in the week to week banter amongst clubs. I do believe some of the comments on this thread from both sides are a bit strong. Let's chill, relax and enjoy the weekly surprise of "C" Grade footy. What a great comp at the moment.

KB,
What I witnessed on the weekend at the MHS-Rupertswood contest was nothing short of thuggery from just one player. My advice would be to rid your club of this person, because on the whole, this king-hit in the third quarter totally detracted from what was a high quality game. Most of the Rupertwood players seemed to play very much in the spirit of the game, but the club was tarnished by what was a cowardly act. The end of the game also threatened to get ugly as a result.

PS, Rupertswood's ladder position certainly belies their ability as a team.

BTW, I don't know if you'd agree with me, but I thought the VAFA Rivalry Round week was excellent and full credit to the VAFA Board & Staff and all the clubs for putting it on. It should be done again-even if the AFL decides not to go ahead with the Community Round theme next year.

(You bag the u19 coach all the time, you bag selection, you have no idea. Yet you seem passionate about Rupo. The boy brought up plays TAC Cup and it is strongly suggested these players play seniors. Expect more u19 players to be blooded as we build a successful side for the future. The U19's have always been and probably will always be how we build a senior side. No club puts under 19's ahead of seniors at the selection table and never will. )

Plenty of clubs play 19's before seniors if they are better than the seniors at hand. Even been at clubs where 17's were played in front of seniors cause they were better. One of your players punched him behind play this year. More than likely the same player What's_his_damage is talking about.

Yosi

I believe the only club who has had to apologise for remarks made by supporters this year is Ajax. So I am hoping the high horse that you sit on breaks it's legs and you come back to earth with a thud. Ajax is just another very successful club that is part of the Amateur's but not special.

You bag the u19 coach all the time, you bag selection, you have no idea. Yet you seem passionate about Rupo. The boy brought up plays TAC Cup and it is strongly suggested these players play seniors. Expect more u19 players to be blooded as we build a successful side for the future. The U19's have always been and probably will always be how we build a senior side. No club puts under 19's ahead of seniors at the selection table and never will.

I like you KB and I think you're a fair man.

These kids have lost the opening five games. Six out of 18 last year. You do the math. They'd like to win also. You heard the story of Old Mother Hubbard - the cupboard is bare and the seniors are going to blood more during the year.

Don't tell me I have no idea. How many u19 games do you see? I see plenty, so I can comment on the coaches and selection.

isn't the rookie list sorted before the start of the afl season so if injuries occur then they can be replaced with rookies? And if the rookies aren't in the seniors then shouldn;t they have played with sandy 1's or 2's if they are THAT GOOD? Just because they're down at sandy doesn't mean they are the superstars of the ammo's!Hampton are flying obviously but never ever write off the opposition.

my simple friend each of these players do play senior vfl football. i dont quite understand what you are suggesting with the rookie list but i think pinto09 has cleared it up. i know a few old players at rovers who have said that these guys were going to play. not sure what the developments are with this maybe pinto09 can shed some light on this?

No club puts under 19's ahead of seniors at the selection table and never will. )

Plenty of clubs play 19's before seniors if they are better than the seniors at hand. Even been at clubs where 17's were played in front of seniors cause they were better.

You have misinterpreted what i said. We have and always will promote U19 good enough to play seniors, what i am saying at the selection table the senior team is always considered first, followed by the u19. All our players come from our junior program so we take pride when a player is promoted.

Robbo, alot of the stuff you say is positive, but don't bag your own. You would know i have had a huge involvement in u19 football over the years so i think i can see some pretty good footballers coming through. Being 0-5 at premier level is not good, but the club has to put the senior club first,(none have been promoted to seniors this year up to date),
as do all clubs.

The matter on Saturday is being dealt by the club i believe, and the right processes will be taken. Barry Hall was not wiped out by Sydney, we have an obligation to help where we can i believe. We do not condone this for one second. Very disappointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's kicked 9, 11 & 5 in 3 games. Unfit would be the word associated with big Davey.

Uncle Mick, I'll admit it, I was WRONG! Chis did play at HR for a season or 2.

As for the abuse about Chis being no good & Martinov "built like Tarzan, plays like jane" - It is typical of the HR tossers who think they know best. Being at the ground Saturday just reinforced most opposition supporters views.

Congrats to HR for winning on the weekend, but with a full side, i'll back us...

I think you should be apologising to me Gunn. It was I who rolled you!

He's kicked 9, 11 & 5 in 3 games. Unfit would be the word associated with big Davey.

Uncle Mick, I'll admit it, I was WRONG! Chis did play at HR for a season or 2.

As for the abuse about Chis being no good & Martinov "built like Tarzan, plays like jane" - It is typical of the HR tossers who think they know best. Being at the ground Saturday just reinforced most opposition supporters views.

Congrats to HR for winning on the weekend, but with a full side, i'll back us...

You Ormond people aren't the most educated types, are you? That's 2 of of you who have something to say to me about posts that were made by others. I haven't passed any judgement on your players. As a mate to a few blokes down at Ormond, not to mention Barney & Cam McGregor being ex-Rovers, I'm well aware you went in without some quality players. We're happy to take the win against a highly regarded opponent and move forward to the week ahead. It's as simple as that. You can bicker and argue all you like about who played where and who's better than who with those that are interested.

Even though we're 5 rounds into the season, what's the assessment of each team in C Section at this stage of the season?

You Ormond people aren't the most educated types, are you? That's 2 of of you who have something to say to me about posts that were made by others. I haven't passed any judgement on your players. As a mate to a few blokes down at Ormond, not to mention Barney & Cam McGregor being ex-Rovers, I'm well aware you went in without some quality players. We're happy to take the win against a highly regarded opponent and move forward to the week ahead. It's as simple as that. You can bicker and argue all you like about who played where and who's better than who with those that are interested.

Uncle Mick, just to clear the air for you, I think you will find I was having a ‘chat’ with Solarium Obsession & you saw fit to comment on one of my posts, not me on one of yours, that was, not until you had contributed. Thanks for a great day last Sat, well organised, well run, great hospitality after the game which was played in excellent spirit. BTW, why did Cam McG leave HR ?

I like you KB and I think you're a fair man.

These kids have lost the opening five games. Six out of 18 last year. You do the math. They'd like to win also. You heard the story of Old Mother Hubbard - the cupboard is bare and the seniors are going to blood more during the year.

Don't tell me I have no idea. How many u19 games do you see? I see plenty, so I can comment on the coaches and selection.
Robbo most strong sides across most leagues play their strongest unders in the seniors. If Quigley, Baddeley,Brennan, Phillips, Ata et al had not played seniors in previous years you would have won several U19 premierships, whilst your seniors would still be sitting in D2 and most of your ex-u19 would be playing Riddell and Bendigo leagues

Uncle Mick, just to clear the air for you, I think you will find I was having a ‘chat’ with Solarium Obsession & you saw fit to comment on one of my posts, not me on one of yours, that was, not until you had contributed. Thanks for a great day last Sat, well organised, well run, great hospitality after the game which was played in excellent spirit. BTW, why did Cam McG leave HR ?

Fair call.

Check your PM's.

Yosi you are your own worst enemy. No recent posts (including mine) made any reference to race/religion or anything remotely bigoted. I don't give a toss about these issues, I just saw some very biased umpiring and called it for that.

Calm down or get off.

I wouldn't be too concerned with yosi's sledge. The club's culture is to wind people up and get a negative reaction, they thrive on it. Just simply point out that it is their club that has recently been done for a display of intolerance and bigotry.

yos went a little over the top but you have to understand we're trying hard and all it looks like is you people continually verbally bash the people and supporters of our club on this public forum. we're a very proud club and the envy of all clubs. every week we hear about the umpire being biased. it's all crap. he sat the course and has been allowed to umpire. stop the complaining. bigotry is not one comment. it's a disrespect of a culture. and there seems to be too much of it directed at the ajax football club. we're trying hard and we continually get put down by our peers who see us as different to the others. it is bordering on racism because it's clear the reasons are more than just because we are a successful club. again i implore everyone to get back to the footy. this is the reason we're all here. enough of all the bagging and get back to the game. good luck to everyone next weekend. there's some very good games and we're shaping up for a very exciting year.

yos went a little over the top but you have to understand we're trying hard and all it looks like is you people continually verbally bash the people and supporters of our club on this public forum. we're a very proud club and the envy of all clubs. every week we hear about the umpire being biased. it's all crap. he sat the course and has been allowed to umpire. stop the complaining. bigotry is not one comment. it's a disrespect of a culture. and there seems to be too much of it directed at the ajax football club. we're trying hard and we continually get put down by our peers who see us as different to the others. it is bordering on racism because it's clear the reasons are more than just because we are a successful club. again i implore everyone to get back to the footy. this is the reason we're all here. enough of all the bagging and get back to the game. good luck to everyone next weekend. there's some very good games and we're shaping up for a very exciting year.

Agree with some points here, no doubt the Jackas are just the same as most VAFA clubs who strive for success. They're being subjected to abuse because some of their supporters are flogs. Every club has this minority, it just so happens that AJAX have a pretty large (albeit sometimes latent) supporter base, and the flogs may seem more prevalent on some matchdays.

As for reserve umpires, well I think I speak (unfortunately) from a position of great experience in that regard, having played far more curtain-raisers in the last 15 years than I'd wished, but club/reserve umps are always going to be subjected to allegations of bias. The case of the completely impartial club/reserve umpire is a rare one indeed. If the gentlemen in question is go a bit too far, I trust a few quiet words from the appropriate channels may address this.

I know some of the AJAX committee and coaching staff personally, and they're very good people. Further, some of my best mates have played there over the years. In short, its a good club with good people, pretty much just like every other one in the VAFA.

The one point I probably will agree to disagree on is the notion that AJAX have been a very successful club which is the envy of many others. There'd be plenty in A and B who'd have stronger claims to a sustained level of superior results in the VAFA than AJAX. That's the next challenge for the Jackas, getting back on the "Road to A Grade" ;) :thumbsu:

I haven't read any bigotry on this forum. The disrespect of your club is because of the actions of your club and its supporters, not your race or religion. It is you that is trying to introduce the "race:" card. At the end of the day it is your club that has been done for bigotry in recent times. A bit of self reflection may improve your behaviour and thus your standing in the broader VAFA community.

any news from rupo as to what action they will be taking against their player who king hit an mhs player behind play.....notice his name was not on the vafa tribunal list......

I am with Scribe on this one - can't call yourself succesful and you are certainly not the envy of all other clubs. Do you want to know why?

1.No home ground to speak of courtesy of the Grand Prix (although my spies tell me that you may get HQ on a permanent basis when the VAFA move out)

2. You play in C Section (that in itself means the 20 A/B section clubs do not envy you) and you would have to agree you have not only tread water but gone backwards in the last 2 years. From losing a C grade grand final by a point in 06 (after you had it in the bag) you went up and got relegated. You haven't exactly set the world on fire this year either.

It is for those reasons that you are not the envy of all other clubs.

I admire your passion Goldy and again I agree with Scribe that there are some terrific people involved at the Jackas, you need to stop worrying about a perceived bias based on race/religion (that i have seen nothing of on this site) and start worrying about winning some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back