C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
overtheline said:
We may have only played 8-10 but we won about 6 off his own boot! wouldn't have made prelim without him!
I can name several players better than boundy!
All academic anyway, reds are "overtheline"

name them!!!

overtheline said:
ari lewski-ajax

george smyth -monash blues

david loats-camberwell

just to name a few

Loats - you are kidding. greatest waste of talent for someone 6ft 9

Lewski - can play - ball magnet - very one dimensional - still not in same league.

Smyth - won best and fairest in comp - many of my mates are still trying to work out who the hell he is

oldtimer said:
Loats - you are kidding. greatest waste of talent for someone 6ft 9

Lewski - can play - ball magnet - very one dimensional - still not in same league.

Smyth - won best and fairest in comp - many of my mates are still trying to work out who the hell he is

You really are showing your ignorance now. If you don't know George then you really are just not watching. Loats kicked 70 in 10 games...waste of talent??
Goerge did win the comp b and f by 10 votes!

Kirzner 85 goals goes all right as well.

overtheline said:
You really are showing your ignorance now. If you don't know George then you really are just not watching. Loats kicked 70 in 10 games...waste of talent??
Goerge did win the comp b and f by 10 votes!

Kirzner 85 goals goes all right as well.

Now who is showing their ignoranace. Loats 68 goals in 14 games - poor return for an ex AFL player who is 6ft 9. Edwards played less games and kicked more goals.

oldtimer said:
Now who is showing their ignoranace. Loats 68 goals in 14 games - poor return for an ex AFL player who is 6ft 9. Edwards played less games and kicked more goals.

Wonder where you got the 14 games from??? Played only a quarter in one, 5 mins in another and 10 mins in another. He didn't play 14. Your source?

Perhaps you should measure him again and get his height right!

I assume the fact you have gone silent on George suggests you are conceding? Same with Kirzner?

Lewski is a gun!!
where did you get Edwards playing less than 14 games from???

overtheline said:
Wonder where you got the 14 games from??? Played only a quarter in one, 5 mins in another and 10 mins in another. He didn't play 14. Your source?

Perhaps you should measure him again and get his height right!

I assume the fact you have gone silent on George suggests you are conceding? Same with Kirzner?

Lewski is a gun!!
where did you get Edwards playing less than 14 games from???

Can you read - get on the website. He kicked goals in 12 games and their were 2 games he started, got injured and didn't kick a goal. That makes 14. Even if you sign the teamsheet it counts as a game - doesn't matter how long he plays for, in fact in 1 game he went off after about 90 seconds.

I agreed with Lewski and Kirzner as great players but not in the same vein as boundy.

As for Smyth - hes got red hair so attracts the votes - tell me how many players in the vafa are the best and don't win the best in the comp.

Edwrds tore his hamstring during the year.

Don't spruik off until you do some research

oldtimer said:
Can you read - get on the website. He kicked goals in 12 games and their were 2 games he started, got injured and didn't kick a goal. That makes 14. Even if you sign the teamsheet it counts as a game - doesn't matter how long he plays for, in fact in 1 game he went off after about 90 seconds.

I agreed with Lewski and Kirzner as great players but not in the same vein as boundy.

As for Smyth - hes got red hair so attracts the votes - tell me how many players in the vafa are the best and don't win the best in the comp.

Edwrds tore his hamstring during the year.

Don't spruik off until you do some research

mr evidence, I ma still waiting for how many games edwards played? You said he played less than loats..so how many? Or were you guessing.

If you think 90 seconds is a game then you really have no idea.

Edwards played how many? He had a heel injury not a hamstring mr research!

overtheline said:
mr evidence, I ma still waiting for how many games edwards played? You said he played less than loats..so how many? Or were you guessing.

If you think 90 seconds is a game then you really have no idea.

Edwards played how many? He had a heel injury not a hamstring mr research!

If you sign a teamsheet it is a game!!!!!!!!!!

oldtimer said:
St Bedes may have recruited well but thier past records away from their postage stamp have been far from impressive.

No it is more the case of other teams have a dismal record at brindisi, and its hard to maintain the same success away from home.

Il put my neck out there and say St Bedes might go undefeated at brindisi this year

Il put my neck out there and say St Bedes might go undefeated at brindisi this year[/QUOTE]

I thoroughly agree.
I think St Bedes will go through undefeated this year. I also think Reds will do the same, along with Ajax, Hampton & Nobs.
Should be a big year for draws !!

Keen Observer said:
Il put my neck out there and say St Bedes might go undefeated at brindisi this year

I thoroughly agree.
I think St Bedes will go through undefeated this year. I also think Reds will do the same, along with Ajax, Hampton & Nobs.
Should be a big year for draws !![/QUOTE]

Gentleman,
I can say with some certainty that Old Camberwell are the side to beat. Their coach is a master at underselling any team he coaches. I can guarantee that they have recruited strongly, they are not shy about talking to any one. They have heavily courted a certain SKOB player, as well as several other high profile ammo and non ammo stars...they are the team to beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oldtimer said:
If you sign a teamsheet it is a game!!!!!!!!!!

Come on old timer, if you seriously count 90 seconds as a game then you are not well. The orginal discussion was about his goal average and to count three games that really only amounted to a quarter in total, as theee games in his avergae really isn't fair. you know that and so do I. You seem to know a lot about his ground toiem etc oldtimer... I thought you were form parade? how do you know so much about Loats?

I notice you conveniently have avoided any further dicussion re edwards. You stated he played less than Loats and had a hamstring. Both incorrect.

at least we agree on lewski

i would like to throw my hat in the ring and declare st bede's undefeated for the year 2006. that is if the dirtiest player in VAFA can stay on the field. Luke "juice" Wintle is more interested in belting blokes than getting the footy. AS evident in him being sent off numerous times last year.

Granted he can play, but between him and his ugly brothers, not a game goes by without a wintle being in a scuffle. Hopefully, they all get reported and suspended for weeks.

With all the rumours about their recruits they have some big shoes to fill. but they will be hard to beat, even with me baracking against them.

Given I have a vested/VAFA interest in C Grade for 2006 (as the Amateur Footballer scribe), I warmly encourage the banter to continue. In my own (biased) view, C Grade will be a belter this year, with so many clubs having obvious reasons for optimism.

No doubt the Tigers are favorites, as the NOBSPC experiment may take time to gel. I think Parade have the depth to challenge and Reds will be a handy 'smoky'. My mail is Old Camberwell are battling and may drop a long way, whilst Monash are impossible to measure until late-March. Hampton and Parkdale will be honest, but may not have enough on their list to seriously challenge.

I'll stick my neck out early, as the first edition is 7 weeks and 4 practice matches away, and tip the ladder* as:

St Bedes MT
Paradians
NOBSPC
Fitzroy

AJAX
Parkdale
Hampton
Monash
Ormond
Old Camberwell

* subject to change without notice

NB - as A reserve matches finish at 1.45 pm, I'm hoping to shower and get out to a C Grade senior game each week. However, any information from official channels which is passed on would be greatly appreciated (and highly publicised!!)

Cheers

Fraser Cameron

juicyskipper said:
[subterranean-brow abuse deleted]

Mate, you had wanna be a bloody star if your gonna take unnecessary and ignorant pot shots at blokes from the safety and anonymity of your computer. Boundy is a gun and a good bloke to match and saying things like that just make you sound like a degenerate waste of space. Sometimes i wish a punch could be transmitted electronically.

candy_pants said:
Mate, you had wanna be a bloody star if your gonna take unnecessary and ignorant pot shots at blokes from the safety and anonymity of your computer. Boundy is a gun and a good bloke to match and saying things like that just make you sound like a degenerate waste of space. Sometimes i wish a punch could be transmitted electronically.

Here Here. Its one thing to have an opinion but those comments about Boundy were totally uncalled for and as you point out, wrong. I dispute strongly he is the best in the comp but that doesn't call for a personal attack like juicy launched

Mate wont be near boundy as he plays in c grade ********. Played him 2 years ago in b and had the biggest thighs and looked like he was about to have quads. Speak to me when he plays in A grade.

I realise you're just trying to start some bull******** debate, as you have done on various VAFA boards, but you're starting to make overtheline sound intelligent. Mate...you're a ****************.

big sav said:
I realise you're just trying to start some bull******** debate, as you have done on various VAFA boards, but you're starting to make overtheline sound intelligent. Mate...you're a ****************.

Try not to feed the animals, Sav :)

oldtimer said:
Parade finished 3rd, have a very strong young list(last 2 under 19 premierships) and boast the best player playing in C Grade!!

And who would that be? theres quite a few decent footballers comming into the comp in the 06' season.

big sav said:

Yeh right sav..let's hear your wisdom on the clubs or don't you have the knowledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back