C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the Vultures Tigers game Saturday. There seems to be a perception that the Tigers are at their best. Apparently with three to four changes every week they have no problems covering outs due to the awesome talent in their reserves side. Fair to say the twos had 8 players who played B Section seniors games last year. Skipper Juice Wintle was one of the outs that will be back against the REDs this week. I would suggest that they are a developing side that has a lot of improvement left!

South of the Yarra said:
I have also been told that Porteous has been training and will play the rest of the season. With the loss of their skipper he could make a difference over the next 5 weeks.

according to my contacts in the vafa, glenn has been linked with beuamoris and is willing to help them progress from B grade...

GetSmart said:
Saw the Vultures Tigers game Saturday. There seems to be a perception that the Tigers are at their best. Apparently with three to four changes every week they have no problems covering outs due to the awesome talent in their reserves side. Fair to say the twos had 8 players who played B Section seniors games last year. Skipper Juice Wintle was one of the outs that will be back against the REDs this week. I would suggest that they are a developing side that has a lot of improvement left!

skipper 'juice' wintle maybe back in, dont think i have ever seen a more scared footballer to captain the tigers !!
i have been appauled by his efforts in recent times as a long term follower of the club.

schwarta said:
skipper 'juice' wintle maybe back in, dont think i have ever seen a more scared footballer to captain the tigers !!
i have been appauled by his efforts in recent times as a long term follower of the club.

Is he the big CHB ? Built like Tarzan but plays & squeals like Jane !
The bloke that cuts up rough every time he is tackled.

Mudrunner said:

very harsh comments but quite possibly justified ! how long can his team mates carry him ?

GetSmart said:

very perceptive, from what i understand the tigers are yet to play 2 weeks in a row without atleast 1 change. this just demonstrates that while other teams use injuries (missing players) as an excuse (RED ROY) for poor performances, the tigers reach down into there 2's, 19's or clubbies to pluck someone who is upto senior footy.

Mudrunner said:

Bit harsh you blokes........ I saw the bigfella play at EP a couple of weeks ago and he dominated the Game from CHB, I'm with an A grade club and would love to have him on our list!!

Supa Frank said:
Bit harsh you blokes........ I saw the bigfella play at EP a couple of weeks ago and he dominated the Game from CHB, I'm with an A grade club and would love to have him on our list!!

which club ?
you blokes need a new boundry umpire for the 2's ? ?

Good Call Supa...tipping Schwarta and Mudrunner are either 1. mates taking the Micky out of him or 2.Battling Reserve's type's who wouldn't go near him if they ever got the chance to play against him!

schwarta said:

This is the sorting posting that just makes me laugh. He is an absolute awesome footballer. Any club from A-D would have him in their starting side without a blink. I agree RCT either mates taking the mick or guys with no brain

From the Pile said:
You may be right about Blues over the Jackers, have heard that it was a shocker on the track for the Jackers last night - trying to toughen them up in the wake of "soft as butter" comments from the COBS crowds.

My sources from AXA inform me that Greg Porteous was training at Parade last night and will lace up the boots this weekend and spearhead their attack. Apparently body is healed and fitter than ever after a triathlon training program??

Did your sources also mention that he also goes by the name Glen?

Richard Clay Torpedoes said:
Good Call Supa...tipping Schwarta and Mudrunner are either 1. mates taking the Micky out of him or 2.Battling Reserve's type's who wouldn't go near him if they ever got the chance to play against him!

I would stay as far away as i could from him. He would bore me stupid with his constant "Im gunna belt you" repetition. His big dopey look is hardly scarey !
Reasonable player in a very good team. Let's see how he goes against some genuine opposition over the next few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mudrunner said:
I would stay as far away as i could from him. He would bore me stupid with his constant "Im gunna belt you" repetition. His big dopey look is hardly scarey !
Reasonable player in a very good team. Let's see how he goes against some genuine opposition over the next few years.

very good point mudrunner !!
i have seen him by himself at the edgy (as their website suggests),must be out of favour at brinidisi st....his fav food is quiche, what sort of mans fav food is quiche ?

schwarta said:
very good point mudrunner !!
i have seen him by himself at the edgy (as their website suggests),must be out of favour at brinidisi st....his fav food is quiche, what sort of mans fav food is quiche ?

4 points

1. he hasnt got any mates at the club ie incident involving younger player who has since left the club.

2. Hes fiancee is Indian(PooCupcaker the 2nd) therefore favourite food is quiches and CURRY PUFF PASTRYS,

3. He didnt play on weekend because his fiancees parents(Javagal and PooCupcaker) came over from India to meet him and he was at indoor sports centre having a net session with Javagal.

4. What is a 6ft 5 bloke doing bowling off spin cup cakes??? Jane definately

Maybe too much quiche makes you dopey & repetitive ? Mmm!
Have to do some work Schwarta.
See you at training tonight.

Mudrunner said:
Maybe too much quiche makes you dopey & repetitive ? Mmm!
Have to do some work Schwarta.
See you at training tonight.

Interesting choice of of name Mudrunner!!! Is that because it runs down your willy after putting it up Schwarta's bot bot?

Any more on the coaching situation down at Parade? I have heard whispers there is a big push from several senior players and recently retired supporters / clubmen to install Vincent as the coach for D grade in 2007.

The Slitherin' Snake said:
Any more on the coaching situation down at Parade? I have heard whispers there is a big push from several senior players and recently retired supporters / clubmen to install Vincent as the coach for D grade in 2007.

They should make the canteen lady coach, she could offer sugar & savory snacks in return for some good footy! The boys would win D grade in a canter!!!

They could also change the ground name from Garvey to Carvery Oval, that is sure to get a few more fatty's walking through the door come preseason 2007!!!

The Slitherin' Snake said:

Snake, you seem very keen to get this Vincent character appointed as coach of OP's. If only you were as keen to complete an honest days work.

big sav said:
Snake, you seem very keen to get this Vincent character appointed as coach of OP's. If only you were as keen to complete an honest days work.
Not necessarily keen, Sav. Just relaying information I'd heard. The backroom politics of D grade clubs isn't a life or death matter for me

GetSmart said:
Good call Max!
Would you believe that the Reds will beat the Tigers this week? No!
Ok........How about the Reds will make the finals? No
Ok. How about Reds are struggling big time.

big sav said:

All i know about Vincent is that he is now carrying a lot of weight and would fit in very well down there as manager of not only the footy club but the canteen.

Supa Frank said:

Obviously either bored, unemployed or well connected, if you are from an A grade club and spend time on the C grade site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back