C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribe said:
Plenty of Tigers will pinch votes off each other. Likewise AJAX and Ormond midfielders. You might want to look further down the ladder to get a value smoky. Certainty of the Year is the bloke who reads the final votes out next Monday will be struggling to read the names out after 48 hours on the gas.

As for Coach of the Year, we should wait until the GF has been played.

FWIW - I think it's obvious Beveridge had the cattle from the get-go, whilst MacGeorge/O'Shannessy/Matthews probably moulded their units into better sides than the sum of their individual parts. Will be an interesting decision to make......

Intersting thoughts there frase. As much as I would like, can't make a case for burgs. Tend to agree with the coaches you have mentioned, with OC clearly the hardest hit by departure and injury, so a pretty good effort in the end.
Killer also worth a mention at NOBS as he salvaged the season with not much to work with.

Guru Joffa said:
CFE,

Who are the pie eaters at Parkdale you refer to?

I don't know names but last time we played you, there were about four of them.

You even had a bloke play 2 games in the one day, #40 I think from memory, add him to the other 4 pie eaters too.

Richard Clay Torpedoes said:
Brooksy,

Have the mail that Anstey is the Tigers invited player from the VAFA, therfore Tyquin can't win.

CFE,

All up betting permitted!

RCT

RCT,

You mean to say that Number 12 for the Tigers did not get an invite? thats a disappointment and he came back from london especially to play footy

I will have $50 on Paul Sullivan and $10 on Loats....

Josh Mcloud said:
RCT,

You mean to say that Number 12 for the Tigers did not get an invite? thats a disappointment and he came back from london especially to play footy

Wise.

I'll piggy back on that - both standouts for middling clubs.

Loatsy boy is a shoe-in. Only concern is the big Digger Ditch stealing votes from him. Gave the skipper of SBMT a towelling first time around at their ground.
Don't know why you would mention the NOBS coach. Have not heard a coach scream, yell, whittle abuse at both his team and the opposition more than him. Very poor example. Do we have to put up with him again next year????
Smokey for B&F. Mr G.Smyth.
Top four:
Loats
Smyth
Digger Ditch
Timmy Davis.

ES

Josh Mcloud said:
RCT,

Rumour has it no 12 from stbmt is a big show for the 2s comp b&f
12 from STBMT fits in nicely with ditch davey, georgie voyage....i mean smyth and tim davis.........interesting ES

Hello all,

roy has already given his top 10 for the comp b & f and stands by it.

well the boys sent of the great man burgo in style on the weekend - sending hampton back to d grade - about suits them I reckon. Both of the clubs in Green back down to D Section - not much love for the parade coach. Change required there one would think.

hampton already advertising - will Local Boy be tempted down to David Street from Gerry Green - strong rumors in non-amateur circles surrounding who may be targeted to coach the vultures next year......... Red still has his southern spies working on that one and will let you know asap.

As for the Reds job - lets just say roy can confirm that the Reds are speaking to recently retired AFL types to take over from the mustacha !!!

Tips for this week:

2nd Semi - Jackas put the shudders up as soon as they knew they were in this game and have wisely rested a few over the last few weeks. Lewski, ritterman, sutton and co will be firing and will run the tigers ragged at Sandy. Reds spies tell him that Tyquin went off injured......... big loss for the tiggies that is. Jackas by 4 goals

1st Semi - if the rumours of Sullivans injury are true then the monders will smash Parkdale. Cannot afford to lose that guy, best player down there by a mile (Burgs always rated him). Ormond apparently rested some big guns last week - Miller, deledio, Mcconville to name a few - Ormond in a canter

Twos -

Tigers v Ormond - not the blowout of last week (did ormond actually attend the ground) but the tigers for Red

REDS v The OC - OC couldn't win this even if the Giant was qualified - Hear this now - Reds two's will win the flag - they are monties. tigers haven't seen 3/4 of our team so will be shocked come GF day..

Thankyou once again for your continued support.

Red may be making a guest appearance at the comp B&F on Monday night ...........

Roy

Red Roy said:
Hello all,

roy has already given his top 10 for the comp b & f and stands by it.

well the boys sent of the great man burgo in style on the weekend - sending hampton back to d grade - about suits them I reckon. Both of the clubs in Green back down to D Section - not much love for the parade coach. Change required there one would think.

hampton already advertising - will Local Boy be tempted down to David Street from Gerry Green - strong rumors in non-amateur circles surrounding who may be targeted to coach the vultures next year......... Red still has his southern spies working on that one and will let you know asap.

As for the Reds job - lets just say roy can confirm that the Reds are speaking to recently retired AFL types to take over from the mustacha !!!

Tips for this week:

2nd Semi - Jackas put the shudders up as soon as they knew they were in this game and have wisely rested a few over the last few weeks. Lewski, ritterman, sutton and co will be firing and will run the tigers ragged at Sandy. Reds spies tell him that Tyquin went off injured......... big loss for the tiggies that is. Jackas by 4 goals

1st Semi - if the rumours of Sullivans injury are true then the monders will smash Parkdale. Cannot afford to lose that guy, best player down there by a mile (Burgs always rated him). Ormond apparently rested some big guns last week - Miller, deledio, Mcconville to name a few - Ormond in a canter

Twos -

Tigers v Ormond - not the blowout of last week (did ormond actually attend the ground) but the tigers for Red

REDS v The OC - OC couldn't win this even if the Giant was qualified - Hear this now - Reds two's will win the flag - they are monties. tigers haven't seen 3/4 of our team so will be shocked come GF day..

Thankyou once again for your continued support.

Red may be making a guest appearance at the comp B&F on Monday night ...........

Roy

Roy,
Thank God you are alive! That was a long mad monday! Firstly, let me agree with you re the Parade coach-D grade Dale! Great to see him send the club to D grade for the first time in their history!
I am starting to wonder about you though Roy, as the Reds apointed a new coach( seamless transition-no extenstive interview process etc)several weks ago. Steve Maus, former senior coach of Carey has the gig!

Now Roy, surely an insider would have known that!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OTL - what in gods name are you on about. Please refrain from such nonsensical rubish in a public forum!!!

ps - Red was always taught it was good to keep people guessing until things in the public arena!!

Red Roy said:
OTL - what in gods name are you on about. Please refrain from such nonsensical rubish in a public forum!!!

ps - Red was always taught it was good to keep people guessing until things in the public arena!!

Read your website RED!! It states that the coach was going to be introduced at the Luncheon last Sat. Does this count as a public arena?

overtheline said:
Roy,
Thank God you are alive! That was a long mad monday! Firstly, let me agree with you re the Parade coach-D grade Dale! Great to see him send the club to D grade for the first time in their history!
I am starting to wonder about you though Roy, as the Reds apointed a new coach( seamless transition-no extenstive interview process etc)several weks ago. Steve Maus, former senior coach of Carey has the gig!

Now Roy, surely an insider would have known that!!!

Red Red Red - even I knew Mausy had the gig last weekend.

He's the current 1st XVIII coach at Trinity GS and former U19s (2000 - 2002) and reserves (2003) coach at OTs. Took the senior reins at Carey for 2 years before having a year off VAFA coaching.

Good bloke, good coach, will be a real asset for the Reds.

Just like his beloved team old Roy has found the going a lot tougher in C section and clearly now both the season and competition has found him out...rattled and confused he is pushing uninteresting posts...just a shadow of the former man he was at the start of the season and like many of my opponents over the journey RCT has worn him down.

The only consistent aspect of Red is his continual tipping against the Tigers...again you haven't down your homework Red...Lewski hasn't been rested but is battling to get through games...big difference! Finals experience is also a key factor witht the Tigers holding a decided edge here...Jackers finals appearances have been few in recent years and results not great at the same time. The Tigers are on a mission and have been preparing for this week for some time, rotating players, resting key players and will be fresh, have enormous depth of players to call on which I can't say the same for the Jackers (Reserves and U/19's battled) Th Brindisi Street boys are ready to pounce on Saturday...be very wary whoever crosses their path....RCT tips the Tigers by 39 points.

Similar scenario in the 1st Semi Final with Ormond being able to rest a few last week and have better depth of players also to call on. Keleher, Miller, Deledio's,McConville and young Chisholm up forward will create plenty of headaches for Local Boy and Parky who have been gallant, but gallant won't get you all the way....RCT tips Ormond by 41 points

Reserves will see wins to the Tigers, and the OC's in a close one.

oldtimer said:
Read your website RED!! It states that the coach was going to be introduced at the Luncheon last Sat. Does this count as a public arena?

We have a website? :eek:

rofl@redroy ... well held by RCT on the day but always a spectacle to watch the two on the same arena.

Clearly the Reds were the best team in the comp this year and only the curse of me barracking for them proved to be an obstacle.

The third tier next season will be renamed "Just-you-wait-and-C Grade".

The Opening Market after Round 16 -RCT's C Section VAFA B&F Market

Anstey - SBMT $2.80 solid favourite
Lewski - AJAX $3.20 but no real money seen as yet
Miller - Ormond $4.60 always votes well and played nearly every game in 06
Gregory - Monash $ 5.80 consistent year and will poll
L.Wintle - SBMT $ 7.00 another consistent tall who stands out
P.Sullivan - PV $7.50 in and under with good disposal noticed by umpires
J.Tyquin - SBMT $ 8.00 missed out on Rep. teams somehow but another Tiger with a show...could hurt his teammates in the end
Loats - OC $ 11.00 will poll a few 3 votes with big bags but missed too many game to win
T.Davis - FR $ 13.00 eye catcher in middle of the road team
G.Smythe - Monash $ 13.00 bit of a smoky...red hair and plays free..last years winner and umpires favourite
McConville - Orm - $25.00 another who may suprise everyone but those at the Gunn
Ritterman - $25.00 - missed a few games and won't be in the finish for mine
Cahill - FR $33.00 - game on baller and wears a helmet which will get him a few votes

Any odds the rest for me...no-one from NOBS/Hampton Rovers or Parade can nor should win and should be embarassed if it were to!

New Market based on VAFA Website listing of C Section Club's leading vote earners

Anstey - SBMT $2.50
Smyth - Monash $ 4.50 big firmer and last years winner
Keleher - Ormond $ 5.00 continues to be a bad result for RCT
Loats- OC $7.00 goalkickers don't often win
Ritterman - Ajax $8.00 maybe he picks up Lewski's?
M.Wintle - SBMT $12.00 will he cost Anstey votes?
Israelsohn - Ajax $16.00 could the long flowing hair catch the umpires eye
McGeorge - Parkdale $21.00 played off half back this year & a prev.winner
Cahill - Fitz Reds $33.00 the helmet factor in his favour
Sleep - NOBS $33.00 will he stay awake through the count?
Browne - Hampton $50.00 ruckman who missed a few too many games
Curran - Parade $66.00 bookies hope!

RCT has claimed a few victims with P.Sullivan a good result for the bag but a surprising non invite...likewise Lewski from Ajax but not much investment placed on him...Williams from Monash was another who was specked...worst result as it stands is Keleher from Ormond.

RCT

Scribe said:
Red Red Red - even I knew Mausy had the gig last weekend.

He's the current 1st XVIII coach at Trinity GS and former U19s (2000 - 2002) and reserves (2003) coach at OTs. Took the senior reins at Carey for 2 years before having a year off VAFA coaching.

Good bloke, good coach, will be a real asset for the Reds.

Interesting that Mausy may be coaching against his old side next year. Old Carey finished on top of D1 and look likely to progress to C-Grade.

Its been very interesting reading this forum over the football season. Its great knowing everyone has an equal dislike of AJAX and is happy to see certain teams going down to D grade. However recently I have been seeing posts about how Fitzroy Reds are gonna win the Magoos Grand Final and the SBMT bashing thats been going on. While I don't support or play for SBMT, I can tell you that they will win both the Seniors and Reserves Grand Finals by quite comfortable margains and RED ROY having played against all 4 sides playing in the Magoos finals, Ill give you the tip, Reds are no where near St Bedes. For me its an AJAX V SBMT Grand Final in the seniors and a SBMT v Camberwell Grand Final in the reserves.

Ajax's players are by all reports as likeable a bunch as an opposition team can be..... it is their supporters who are a bunch of ferals!!

A massive go on a Monash player has seen a major revamp of the C Section B&F Market...RCT phones have been running hotter than Paris Hilton's shower in scenes similar to the infamous 'Caddyshack' betting coup.

Rumours abound of a leak from VAFA HQ and a full internal investigation must be launched. Some suggestions that Monash computer nerds have hacked into the VAFA system and worked out the final vote count result and for a small fee sold this to the Blues players and they have backed Georgie Boy to win back to back.medals like there's no tomorrow

Smyth - Monash $ 1.65 bets of $2K to $10K & $1K to $5K on the umpires fav.
Anstey - SBMT $3.75 has been fav. from the outset but has got the blows
Keleher - Ormond $ 5.00 solid specking for another vote puller
Loats- OC $7.50 can he do a Plugger
Ritterman - Ajax $9.00 drifting in the market
M.Wintle - SBMT $12.00 will he perform live at the count?
Israelsohn - Ajax $16.00 some say very underrated......
McGeorge - Parkdale $21.00 took a call from Local Boy who placed $100 EW
Cahill - Fitz Reds $36.00 Gary Wilson didn't win a Brownlow...
Sleep - NOBS $40.00 has dozed off.....
Browne - Hampton $50.00 is he the surprise in a shocking year for Rovers
Curran - Parade $99.00 field of dreams......

RCT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back