C Section Amateur Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno fellas, dunno ... I know I tend to take to the thread every now and then with a large scythe, but I sure didn't do all that!

I'll chase it up with the "guys upstairs" and see what I can come back with, perhaps a whole bunch of .CHK files ... :(

Congrats St Bede's...after a season of ups and downs and much debate, it's fitting that the 2 best sides in C Grade will square off for the Premiership and both will be in B Grade in '07.

The_Cat - what happened re Kinsella? He carries on too much on the field for a bloke of his dwindling ability. Was there a run in with Hecker?

Interesting to see Rupertswood prevail over Old Geelong in the D1 prelim (a replay of last year's D2 GF). Means Rupertswood have gone up 3 years in a row after being in D3 in 2004!

Mobbe....I'm being chased by punters claiming that they were offered $1.60 on the Tigers over the weekend...if we can't get our threads back I'm going to be broke before the weekend!

Hecker was clearly the best player for Parky in their win over Ormond and the Tigers of course knows his strengths and abilities as good as anyone...Kinsella had the job on him and despite being great mates it is a game of footy and their isn't any quarter given in a game let alone a final is there?? And what happens on the field stays on the field.

Well the Hunter from the Second Semi has now become the hunted....how will the Jackas react to being the favourite and the pressure associated with it...the Tigers relish being the Hunter and have a title firmly in their sights.

The mind games are on....

Grandstand Guru said:
Interesting to see Rupertswood prevail over Old Geelong in the D1 prelim (a replay of last year's D2 GF). Means Rupertswood have gone up 3 years in a row after being in D3 in 2004!

Supurb effort by Rupo. They are an up and coming side. Have two unders teams (one finished 4th or 5th in division 1) and plenty of depth in the seniors. Very young side. Very quick. I think the two D1 sides will measure up pretty well in C next year (as Ormond and Reds did this year)

Congrats to the lads from Brindisi Street on their resounding win over Parkdale on Saturday. I'm sure the Grand Final will be a cracker!!

Re the Sam Hecker/Dave Kinsella matchup - As RCT alluded too in a previous post, Hecker was awesome against Ormond and was clearly a concern for St.Bedes coming into the Prelim Final, however, I'd suggest that his stats from Saturday of 28 possessions, 12 marks and 3 goals meant that Kinners tactics proved worthless. Well played Sam.

My catch-cry of "Never, ever right off the Vulture" obviously didn't work on Saturday, however, I would just like to remind readers that it still remains in force as I can guarentee the Vultures will still be a strong club in 2007 and should at no stage be underestimated.

Good luck to all in the Grand Final.

GO THE VULTURE :)

I thought it was an intriguing match up between Kinsella and Hecker when Sam went forward...Sam spent a lot of the game ruck roving which should be taken into account...he got under Ormond's guard being able to work forward and not have an accountable opponent relesing him to kick the 6 goals he did....when he was based as a forward on Saturday I thought Kinsella did a great job on him and probably rattled Sam a bit winning a free kick for the Tigers...Sam was no doubt in the best players for Parky but I'd say Kinsella did a great job for the Tigers also.

As they say...it is all history now and yes Parky did a great job to finish 3rd.

More history to be written this week for those who dare.....

Richard Clay Torpedoes said:
Bring it on....that's the word from the Tigers camp after Saturday's demolition of Parkdale. A great first term against the wind set the game up for the lads from Brindisi street and they never gave their opponents a sniff after that. Plenty of upside for the Tigers with fresh players available this week. Tyquin trained solidly last week and could have played Saturday but the Tigers hierachy played their strategic cards well and will reap the reward.

Word has already leaked out that Ajax have booked the Sandy Social Club rooms post match this Saturday to celebrate their 'premiership' and further more caps and shirts are being produced as we speak.....getting way ahead of themselves in football terms.

Just got that feeling in the Mazenod rooms after Saturday's game that the Tigers have got some unfinished business.

RCT.

And yep what has happened to all the previous threads from last week...Mobbe please investigate as keyboard time is valuable!

It's a pre-game supporters' lunch at the Sandy Social Club, not a post-game function, which will be at Albert Park.

The lid has been kept firmly shut so far.

A pre game lunch and a post game function at Albert Park...sounds like the lid is well and truly open!

The Jackas have not gone into any game against the Tigers this year as the favourite until this week and with such comes extra mental pressure...everyone who has played footy or any other sport knows such.

It just adds that bit extra for them to handle this week.

Interesting that in 2004, Caulfield Grammarians knocked off the favourites MHSOB in the Second Semi and yet come GF Day when MHSOB went in as the underdogs the result was reversed!

RCT

RCT

How does having a pre and post game function mean that AJAX are ahead of themselves...?

Well organised - Yes

Ahead of themselves - No

Your argument appears to be that of a typically ignorant StBede's bogan.

BMOF

Benny MOF said:
RCT

How does having a pre and post game function mean that AJAX are ahead of themselves...?

Well organised - Yes

Ahead of themselves - No

BMOF
Benny, What a waste of time you guys are. A few posts back I write that everyone should lay off the Ajax supporters this week on this thread. What do you do... Call St Bedes ignorant bogans. Have a good hard look at yourself and ask yourself..... Why do people respond to us like they do?

The_Cat said:
Well done to the boys from Brindisi St.

As everyone has said so far, they pretty much controlled the game from the outset after setting themselves up with a great opening stanza.

Good luck to them for this weeks game and on going straight back to 'B' section.

They had winners all over the ground on Saturday and should be fairly confident about next week.

One question RCT, what was Kinsella on about before/during the game? His actions were rather unsportsmanlike. Even more bizarre considering his opponent has been a long time teammate / friend.
Well done Cat on a gracious post given Parkys loss on Saturday. The Tigers and the Vultures may be arch rivals, but they know when some one has had a red hot dip. Parkdale has done that this year with a limited list that was also hit by injury.

GetSmart said:
Benny, What a waste of time you guys are. A few posts back I write that everyone should lay off the Ajax supporters this week on this thread. What do you do... Call St Bedes ignorant bogans. Have a good hard look at yourself and ask yourself..... Why do people respond to us like they do?

Agreed and agreed. Benny's thoughts were correct even if the execution was a tad ordinary. But please don't paint us all with the same brush - look through the history of my posts and you'll see that I'm a very loveable ajax supporter

Quite upset that the past week of posts have been wiped. Was this the work of St Bedes hackers who would like to forget the loss to the jackas?:D

Oh well - you will have to be reminded again this Saturday!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scoobie Doossss Grannie

Big win by the lads after being pressed right to the end. Ormond were very wasteful in final quarter whilst kicking with the breeze and we were able to kick a few to run out victors. Big show this week against the tiges.

Just like to add that the half time kick to kick was one of the best I have participated in. The screamer that i took on Digga Ditch will be remembered for a long time.

Cheers
ES

GetSmart said:

Get Smart

I can assure you that I have nothing to do with AJAX, their players or supporters, I wouldn't know one if I tripped over them.

My point is that RCT, like many of his friends from the horse paddock at Brindisi St, are the arrogant ones getting ahead of themselves and have been all year.

I feel sorry for all the teams in B section that have to play on that awful, small and unsafe ground with all those feral supporters next season. The VAFA acted on Righetti, it's time they did the same on Brindisi!

Congratulations to the quick running tigers outfit and lots of praise for the Parky boys. To a man they all attended afterwards for a drink and a chat. Good to see good sportsmanship and blokes enjoying one anothers company.
Well done to the Parkdale crew finishing no3, it showed a lot of spirit.

Benny MOF said:
RCT

Well organised - Yes

Ahead of themselves - No

BMOF

Bit rich coming from another bogan

scroda said:
Agreed and agreed. Benny's thoughts were correct even if the execution was a tad ordinary. But please don't paint us all with the same brush - look through the history of my posts and you'll see that I'm a very loveable ajax supporter

Quite upset that the past week of posts have been wiped. Was this the work of St Bedes hackers who would like to forget the loss to the jackas?:D

Oh well - you will have to be reminded again this Saturday!
Thanks Scroda! As for the hackers. Well done. As for next week we might be reminded, we might not. Those at the game on Saturday would have seen that the Tigers were certainly not arrogant nor ahead of themselves the players did not get carried away and were the first to congratulate their opponents. None of the Tiger crowd were crowing either about the win. It was quite clear that they had taken Parkdale seriously and were now looking forward to a great match with Ajax. If the Jackers win on Saturday they will deserve the victory, as will the Tigers. Both clubs have good sides. Lets all enjoy the week and the game!

Benny MOF said:
Correct.

There are reasons behind my departure.
Investigated a few of your posts Mr MOF. Appears that you were once with the Tigers and are now with the Sharks. Some of your posts have the smell of sour grapes against the Tigers. Nothing worst than getting the bullet from a club it hurts! Do you fit in at the sharks now or do you have similar problems there? Time will tell!

Three Malugas said:
Investigated a few of your posts Mr MOF. Appears that you were once with the Tigers and are now with the Sharks. Some of your posts have the smell of sour grapes against the Tigers. Nothing worst than getting the bullet from a club it hurts! Do you fit in at the sharks now or do you have similar problems there? Time will tell!

I assume Get Smart that you will now graciously apologise to us ajax supporters :D

And agreed with you - very much looking forward to Saturday (and the pre-game lunch!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back