Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure. This implies, if there is a spot, he'll stay. I think once they decide how many picks they'll take to the draft, how many list spots.. a decision will come. Ollie's departure might save him.

Possibly. I doubt it though. At that stage, his manager was shopping him around.

Possibly. I doubt it though. At that stage, his manager was shopping him around.
As any manager would when you are yet to get a contract and had to wait. but still possible he gets one.
But til a decision is made, it can go either way

Geez there are some very harsh judges in here of a 20 year old.

Poulter is a much better runner and ball gatherer than many here claim. I remember seeing at least two passages of play in the VFL this year where he gathered the ball in the last line of defence and then linked up by hand and foot another 4-5 times in single unbroken possession chains to move the ball the full length of the ground before kicking the goals at the other end.

Yes, he’s a bit laconic and yes he makes some bad decisions but I reckon Poults has all the tools if more time, coaching and support is invested in him.

I personally think he has at least as much chance of forging an AFL career as Bianco, Macrae, McInnes, Draper & Harrison. Why are so many here in a rush to kick him to the curb?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Geez there are some very harsh judges in here of a 20 year old.

Poulter is a much better runner and ball gatherer than many here claim. I remember seeing at least two passages of play in the VFL this year where he gathered the ball in the last line of defence and then linked up by hand and foot another 4-5 times in single unbroken possession chains to move the ball the full length of the ground before kicking the goals at the other end.

Yes, he’s a bit laconic and yes he makes some bad decisions but I reckon Poults has all the tools if more time, coaching and support is invested in him.

I personally think he has at least as much chance of forging an AFL career as Bianco, Macrae, McInnes, Draper & Harrison. Why are so many here in a rush to kick him to the curb?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I remember some moments last year when I just said to myself this kid won't make it.

I personally don't rate him, can't see him being much of a footballer at AFL level.

I feel for the kid at the moment, I thought he showed a bit in his first year, seems more an on-baller than a wingman to me and he had a second year dip in form, which some kids have. Has talent but is in serious danger of being cut, he would be feeling pretty stressed right now. Hope we rookie him and he gets his head down. Feel if we don't someone else will.

I feel for the kid at the moment, I thought he showed a bit in his first year, seems more an on-baller than a wingman to me and he had a second year dip in form, which some kids have. Has talent but is in serious danger of being cut, he would be feeling pretty stressed right now. Hope we rookie him and he gets his head down. Feel if we don't someone else will.
They would have cut him by now, given the trade period has ended. I think they will offer him a rookie spot. He may prefer to go to the draft…

We traded our first pick, they must have seen something in him. He needs to dedicate himself and get to work…maybe this is the wake up call.

I haven’t kept tabs on the list numbers so doing this on the run….

But in brief

In 4 players via trade and free agency plus Noble has to be promoted. That’s Five on to senior list and one off rookie
Out henry Grundy McMahon Roughead brown brown…. Six in total….. plus Chugg (rookie)

So in total that’s net minus one on the senior list and minus two on the rookie list.

We will need to go to the draft with two if not three live picks. But we have room to rerookie a delisted player.

My guess is that we will have at least two more senior delistings… Madgen to be one now we have landed two kpps… and maybe poults stays at Collingwood on the rookie list.
Was Keane a rookie or senior listed player because he comes off too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Keane a rookie or senior listed player because he comes off too?
Rookie, but he was moved to a category b rookie for 2022. Therefore it doesn’t open up list spots.

C20824B5-EE78-49E1-BAC8-A9ADCC2A7ACB.jpeg

I think they’ve cut young Caleb a bit prematurely.

Has no real weapons… but finds the ball readily, hasn’t been tried in other positions and for his age and is yet to fully mature physically

Good luck to the kid.

FYI: I don’t get why we draft the raw, longer term players in poulters and McMahon… only to delist them in 2 years 🤷‍♀️

Perhaps this has to do with the club now seeing itself as a premiership contender and thus altering the timeline they have on young players

I thought he was in trouble watching him this year. Appeared very one dimensional in his play and a very ordinary decision maker. He also didn't improve in any area from his first year.

I wish him all the best and hope he can land at another club and prove me wrong.

I hope we haven't seen the last of those flowing locks at AFL level.

Me too.

I was a fan of his insouciance. It echoed one of my favourite PA players: the Hoff.

Poults showed promise in 2021 and then looked less promising in 2022. Good decision to move him on, I think, but reckon he might have something to offer elsewhere.

View attachment 1538589

I think they’ve cut young Caleb a bit prematurely.

Has no real weapons… but finds the ball readily, hasn’t been tried in other positions and for his age and is yet to fully mature physically

Good luck to the kid.

FYI: I don’t get why we draft the raw, longer term players in poulters and McMahon… only to delist them in 2 years 🤷‍♀️

Perhaps this has to do with the club now seeing itself as a premiership contender and thus altering the timeline they have on young players
I was never a fan..

Will be lucky to play 50 games in afl

Thought he may have been a chance to hold on. With the number of young unprovens we have its a bit of dont be missing your chair when the music stops. Good 1st year but he didnt kick on enough, tough for both he and McMahon. A good season or 2 in the VFL or SANFL and wouldnt surprise if he got another chance. Assuming he doesnt get picked up in the next few weeks

No shocks here, his strengths did not suit McRae's new game style at all. Poulter was a good link man with a nice kick, super outside and lacked intensity / urgency with the football. He was a genuine outlier in the new chaos style, relentless pressure, surge football we played in the 2022.

Best wishes to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back