Calling all Brisbane Pies fans - Will you be 1 of the 100?

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood42

Team Captain
Sep 1, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Hey everyone,

This message is to all QLD Pies fans an any other Pies Fan that will find themselves in Brisbane this Saturday for big one this weekend.

Katie from the Pineapple Hotel called and offered the upstairs bar to be a "Collingwood Only Zone" if we are able to Guarentee 100 people as part of our group. So the question is will you be 1 of 100???

I need confirmed numbers only please, please confirm by text only 0449212097 or email me to thenorthernpie@gmail.com I need this confirmation by 5pm tomorrow at the very latest. Once numbers are confirmed I will send out the full details of the Event!!!

Spread the word Collingwood Faithful!!

Cheers

Re: Watching the GF in Brisbane

Will be there with at least 2 other pies supporters.

Love the piney - the atmosphere there on Friday was sensational. Too bad two pies supporters had a massive argument right next to me!

Re: Watching the GF in Brisbane

Already responded to NP on nicks.

Thanks for organising this guys will be a ripper of a day.

How are the numbers travelling?

Mods: Do you think this could be stickied at all? At least until we get the numbers?

Re: Will you be 1 of the 100?

It would be worth hitting up the guys in this thread for sure:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873161
I wont sticky this but you should try to keep it updated and bumped.

I'm in Queensland, would have to fly in though, but it is tempting for sure! I've got no solid plans yet.

That'd be awesome C42.

Have you been able to spread the word ... here's a good start, do you - or any other guys that read this - have any other ideas?

Would be fantastic to watch with 99+ other Pies faithful.

That'd be awesome C42.

Have you been able to spread the word ... here's a good start, do you - or any other guys that read this - have any other ideas?

Would be fantastic to watch with 99+ other Pies faithful.

Greg and Ken have put it up on Facebook http://m.facebook.com/a/notificatio...ation=127173417&gfid=AQDOuoLsZAFTySKm&refid=7

It's also up on Nicks... Last thing I heard was there was about 40 confirmed... Still need many more though so spread the word guys :)

Greg and Ken have put it up on Facebook http://m.facebook.com/a/notificatio...ation=127173417&gfid=AQDOuoLsZAFTySKm&refid=7

It's also up on Nicks... Last thing I heard was there was about 40 confirmed... Still need many more though so spread the word guys :)

Wow, going well with 40 already :thumbsu:

It may be you'll have to negotiate if your get stuck at say 60.

Even if a few non-aligned came in to make up numbers, you'd still have a massive majority of the supporters and would drown the others out.

It would be worth hitting up the guys in this thread for sure:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873161
I wont sticky this but you should try to keep it updated and bumped.

I'm in Queensland, would have to fly in though, but it is tempting for sure! I've got no solid plans yet.

Cheers Quicky,

Messages to those people are on their way.

You should make the trip to Brissy mate... would add 1 more to the 100, and there's nothing like celebrating with the black and white family. :D:thumbsu:

I'm pretty keen and have a few pie mates who are going to the Grand View Hotel. I'll see if they're keen to rumble up that way... Is it stricktly pies fans or can i rustle up some quality turncoats of the Brisbane variety?? lol

I'm pretty keen and have a few pie mates who are going to the Grand View Hotel. I'll see if they're keen to rumble up that way... Is it stricktly pies fans or can i rustle up some quality turncoats of the Brisbane variety?? lol

Should be fine, as long as they're not anti-Collingwood lol would help with the numbers... Prob best to txt Greg on the number above just to check though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be fine, as long as they're not anti-Collingwood lol would help with the numbers... Prob best to txt Greg on the number above just to check though.

I've got another 2 who will come but have another 2-3 neutrals who are going to the piney so if thats okay then you could count us in.

I've got another 2 who will come but have another 2-3 neutrals who are going to the piney so if thats okay then you could count us in.

Prob best to contact Greg mate, if your friends are hoping for a Geelong win, then they prob will be asked to leave and go downstairs to the public area.

What are the numbers like?

I might book to come down tomorrow.

I don't need a guarantee, i'll make my own fun in Brissie if necessary, but i'd prefer to celebrate with the faithful if possible.

Have you got a plan B if you don't get a quorum and can't negotiate something as a back up with the Pineapple.

Sounds like a great day if plan A comes off, assuming our boys do the right thing :)

Have you got a plan B if you don't get a quorum and can't negotiate something as a back up with the Pineapple.

Sounds like a great day if plan A comes off, assuming our boys do the right thing :)

A few options. But going to a full on Pies celebration or as plan B being transient around an unfamiliar city is appealing to me. I'm sure i'll stumble into something :D Works the bigger issue.

A few options. But going to a full on Pies celebration or as plan B being transient around an unfamiliar city is appealing to me. I'm sure i'll stumble into something :D Works the bigger issue.

Being a transient wandering around = Plan E!

Plan B = if you get to only say 50-60, maybe all just meet up some other pub, if the Pineapple won't take you.

You could always tell them you got 100, you'll be close and if some don't turn up at the last minute, not your fault. Plus you could get some last minute randoms, they'd join the party, be a Pie for the day.

Being a transient wandering around = Plan E!

Plan B = if you get to only say 50-60, maybe all just meet up some other pub, if the Pineapple won't take you.

You could always tell them you got 100, you'll be close and if some don't turn up at the last minute, not your fault. Plus you could get some last minute randoms, they'd join the party, be a Pie for the day.

Mate no doubt i'd be watching it. Transient = a random pub in a random city for me. You always meet people in that situation.

Quicky: Even if the numbers are not met rest assure there will be plenty of pies fans at the Pineapple Hotel. Most of those who have confirmed will be there anyway. Its an AFL pub and on GF day it is packed. The event is pretty much about getting the function room upstairs to be a pies only area, if your in Brisbane event or no event be there! Will be a great day.

Quicky: Even if the numbers are not met rest assure there will be plenty of pies fans at the Pineapple Hotel. Most of those who have confirmed will be there anyway. Its an AFL pub and on GF day it is packed. The event is pretty much about getting the function room upstairs to be a pies only area, if your in Brisbane event or no event be there! Will be a great day.

Yeah spot on mate... We only got 50 confirmed by COB Wednesday, they gave us till today to get 30 more. Even if we don't get those numbers confirmed, there will be so many more there that haven't heard about it. Hopefully they give us the top floor anyways.

To Quicky, either way, the Pineapple is the place to be. Will be far far bigger than anywhere else in Brisbane.

Go the Pies!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Calling all Brisbane Pies fans - Will you be 1 of the 100?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back