Welcome Cam McCarthy - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

This is fantastic news, welcome aboard Cam! It's great that we have another local boy pulling on the purple. As a South Freo supporter, I am doubly happy ( especially with the possibility of Kersten and maybe Tim English coming to the Dockers too). I'm sure Cam will be a very valuable contributor to our slingshot back up the ladder.

I'm glad this has been done early. Having pick 3 to barter with certainly helped. I'm not sure I would be offering pick 34 for Kersten or Hamling though.

I'm actually all for Cam getting number 29. It should be given to a good young key forward, and it could be a huge mental boost for McCarthy who obviously loves the club.

Well done. Solid trade. Feel like this is similar to the Dom Sheed trade we did, e.g. good chance Freo has identified a player they want, figure he will be around at pick 7, plus filled a need with McCarthy. Meanwhile, our blokes are playing angry birds...

As a fan did you know the club was targetting Sheed when you did the downgrade ?

You guys make out like bandits in that trade. Is he back to full health? I hope so, it was reported he had depression and anxiety issues earlier on right?

"I hope to bring some intensity. I like to fly for the footy, crunch packs, chase and tackle and keep some forward pressure. Hopefully I can bring those things and play my role. I’d be rapt."

I love him already. I was so jealous when I saw him tearing it up at GWS. Harley Bennell was the one player I wanted most in the comp and Cam was pretty up there too. Just stoked to see what they can do next year. Fyfe, MJ, the likes of Tucker and Balic with another pre-season. Its going to be really exciting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a fan did you know the club was targetting Sheed when you did the downgrade ?
We had an idea they were keen on him, didn't know. I think at the time most of our board was like WTF YOU DOING VOZZO.. I think Scharenberg ended up being taken by the Pies at 6 (our original pick). Least our guy is playing lol. Any idea who Freo are looking at with 7?

We had an idea they were keen on him, didn't know. I think at the time most of our board was like WTF YOU DOING VOZZO.. I think Scharenberg ended up being taken by the Pies at 6 (our original pick). Least our guy is playing lol. Any idea who Freo are looking at with 7?

Haven't got the foggiest which makes it so interesting, lots on here want SPS while others are keen on English and some on Griffin Logue

Similar to when we took Stephen Hill with #3, it could be totally left field.

Need a new thread now that it's official. Welcome Cam McCarthy to Freo.

Traded today from GWS, plus picks 7, 34 & 72 in return for our pick 3.

We've had to wait on this trade for a year, but now he's here, the heir to the Freo forward line. Purple's definitely his colour. The Freo site has a few nice videos & articles for you to look at if you have any doubt of the talent of this kid:
Highlights
Q&A - Article
Q&A - Video
Official trade article
Super excited by that interview and highlights package :):D

I'm actually all for Cam getting number 29. It should be given to a good young key forward, and it could be a huge mental boost for McCarthy who obviously loves the club.

Pretty good way to overload the young kid with pressure when he's already not the strongest willed individual - let him forge his own legacy with his own number.

Well done. Solid trade. Feel like this is similar to the Dom Sheed trade we did, e.g. good chance Freo has identified a player they want, figure he will be around at pick 7, plus filled a need with McCarthy. Meanwhile, our blokes are playing angry birds...
Taking Pick 12 to the draft wouldn't be a bad thing. So many good midfielders and you just know one of the blokes touted near the top will drop down. Even SPP would be a good pick. Couldn't ask him to do much more at the combine.

Footy gods didn't say "Nah" and there hasn't been an instant Freo rule applied by the AFL against us. Maybe our fortunes have changed!

"I hope to bring some intensity. I like to fly for the footy, crunch packs, chase and tackle and keep some forward pressure. Hopefully I can bring those things and play my role. I’d be rapt."

I love him already. I was so jealous when I saw him tearing it up at GWS. Harley Bennell was the one player I wanted most in the comp and Cam was pretty up there too. Just stoked to see what they can do next year. Fyfe, MJ, the likes of Tucker and Balic with another pre-season. Its going to be really exciting!
And Alex Pearce, Lachie N, Connor and Lachie W to round it off. Exciting times.

Haven't got the foggiest which makes it so interesting, lots on here want SPS while others are keen on English and some on Griffin Logue

Similar to when we took Stephen Hill with #3, it could be totally left field.
SPS would be a good pickup as would Logue. Berry looks okay too as a tallish utility.

Taking Pick 12 to the draft wouldn't be a bad thing. So many good midfielders and you just know one of the blokes touted near the top will drop down. Even SPP would be a good pick. Couldn't ask him to do much more at the combine.
SPP has a Dusty Martin look about him, 12 might be a bit overs but no way he falls to our crappy second rounder. He's WA too and has as you said performed well at the combine. For once I'd like someone that will plonk into the 1sts and not spend eternity plodding around in the 2's only to be delisted 2 years later ... lol

Anyway, will leave you blokes to it, this is a Cam McCarthy thread :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back