Cameron Wood is a Pie

Remove this Banner Ad

I do...and what are you going to do about getting an elite ruckman to the side in the next 2-3 years? You wont be able to develop one now its too late so you just have to go out and trade for one? Who will that be?.

Fraser and Wood will be enough. Bryan will be the back-up and we'll develop another that we draft. And theres other talls on the list who may end up in the ruck - Cloke, Reid etc. And theres always trade opportunities every year.

Thanks for your concern.

Collingwood lack forwards who can take contested marks is what I said. Its just english...try again hey? You have too many of the same leading forward types. Fraser is am leading forward option also.

Rocca on his own is too easily countered. Everyone knows this and Malthouse fell for it again in the Preliminary Final.

And you still havent worked it out either after it cost you a Grand Final berth this season. Thats very savvy of you. Collingwood fans are so on the ball these days...

Cloke and Rocca both take contested marks. Rusling showed a capacity to take them in the five or so games he played after missing the rest of the year.

And while contested marks are a terrific ability for a forward to have, if your structures and delivery are right, they shouldn't have to take a stack of them to win games.

Dude, just quit while you're behind, won't you?

Cloke and Rocca both take contested marks. Rusling showed a capacity to take them in the five or so games he played after missing the rest of the year.

And while contested marks are a terrific ability for a forward to have, if your structures and delivery are right, they shouldn't have to take a stack of them to win games.

Dude, just quit while you're behind, won't you?

It cost you a grand final berth mate...thats the bottom line. You can be as delusional as you like...

Collingwood lack forwards who can take contested marks is what I said. Its just english...try again hey? You have too many of the same leading forward types. Fraser is a leading forward option also.

Rocca on his own is too easily countered. Everyone knows this and Malthouse fell for it again in the Preliminary Final.

And you still havent worked it out either after it cost you a Grand Final berth this season. Thats very savvy of you. Collingwood fans are so on the ball these days...

im pretty sure rocca played with a broken foot mate, thats why he was beaten. Get your facts right before you critise buddy.

Our key forwards didnt cost us a Grand Final berth.

Rocca sure did cost you a grand final berth...and not having a ruckman who could at least go forward and kick a goal also cost you and I am not talking Fraser either. I am talking a big guy who could take a pack mark when you needed it. Only the elite of Big ruckman have that ability when going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over a decade of premiership sides proves my point. I am not the one being embarrassed here. You are talking emotionally...not about what wins flags.

But Collingwood are good at not winning flags..so keep it up...:thumbsu:
WAG in this thread you have well and truly had your pants pulled down and your cheeks are ruby red from getting smacked. You have been owned and yet you still come back for more, that makes you a masochist. We are team building and will be cherry ripe in 2010 and we'll give you a wave when you're on your way down. As for 2007, Geelong were clearly the best side and the premiership was well deserved. But for future reference just remember a certain team in black and white stripes almost upset the apple cart.

I do...and what are you going to do about getting an elite ruckman to the side in the next 2-3 years? You wont be able to develop one now its too late so you just have to go out and trade for one? Who will that be?

It will cost you a flag otherwise if you dont. Be as patronising and arse hole insulated as you like mate...it doesnt change that reality.

Understand now?...

Well, considering we were five points off a GF with the Spud Bros. as our ruck division, in the short term we'd have to be some sort of chance with both Fraser and Wood playing. Do you dispute that? And if we're some sort of chance in the short term, I think even you ought to be able to understand that our chances increase in the medium to long term as Cam Wood gets more experience in the seniors.

We know all that. Thats why we chased Wood .

Absolutely right...but I am waiting for one collingwood supporter to say...but we are still one elite big young ruckman short of a flag...and we will have to pay big time to get one and time is running out.

You all think I hate the pies...I thought they were fantastic in the Preliminary Final...and I could see what was lacking and am just debating that with you...thats it.

It cost you a grand final berth mate...thats the bottom line. You can be as delusional as you like...

Hold on! I thought it was the ruck that was costing us? Isn't that what you've spent the whole thread arguing? Geez, I can't keep us with your shifting goalposts, WAG, old son.

Come to think of it, if our forward line ain't up to it, and our ruck ain't up to it, how the hell did we even get into a prelim, let alone get within five points of a GF?

I wouldn't have thought it possible, but your credibility is diminishing even further.

Well, considering we were five points off a GF with the Spud Bros. as our ruck division, in the short term we'd have to be some sort of chance with both Fraser and Wood playing. Do you dispute that? And if we're some sort of chance in the short term, I think even you ought to be able to understand that our chances increase in the medium to long term as Cam Wood gets more experience in the seniors.

Ok enough of the cr@p talking. I think the pies were incredible in the preliminary final. I really admired the effort and here I am saying it to you all..great effort. I agree Wood is going to help and he is a good pick up.

I think the Cats were easily 6-8 goals off their best that night but full credit to the pies anyway.

I do think you could have won a flag earlier this decade if you just invested in ruckman a little more at the draft. I think time is running out and you need one more for this group. I just think it needs to be a top quality ruck though to get you over the line.

I am out of here...thanks for the chat guys...:thumbsu:

Absolutely right...but I am waiting for one collingwood supporter to say...but we are still one elite big young ruckman short of a flag...and we will have to pay big time to get one and time is running out..

We'll draft another one. And if Wood doesnt work out, we'll trade agian next year.

We do not need an "elite" ruckman. We just need them to be competitve. You won a flag with a VFL ruckman!!

WAG in this thread you have well and truly had your pants pulled down and your cheeks are ruby red from getting smacked. You have been owned and yet you still come back for more, that makes you a masochist. We are team building and will be cherry ripe in 2010 and we'll give you a wave when you're on your way down. As for 2007, Geelong were clearly the best side and the premiership was well deserved. But for future reference just remember a certain team in black and white stripes almost upset the apple cart.

It was the match of the season no doubt and Collingwood were fantastic. I think Collingwood could easily win a flag with this group if they invest more heavily in the big man dept...(I am getting tired of writing myself...get me out of here...!!!)

Absolutely right...but I am waiting for one collingwood supporter to say...but we are still one elite big young ruckman short of a flag...and we will have to pay big time to get one and time is running out.

You all think I hate the pies...I thought they were fantastic in the Preliminary Final...and I could see what was lacking and am just debating that with you...thats it.
Yes we need a ruckman and yes we went out and got one. If we could add an elite ruckman ready to contribute now that would be great but you can't just go out to the back yard, shake a tree and expect Dean Cox to fall out. Ottens will be 28 next year and King appears to be finished at 29. Cam Wood turns 21 next year and he's only going to get better. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron Wood is a Pie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back