Can’t justify a new thread - still want to post it though, (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s crazy to see the ranges you pay. Almost always 20-30 cents the range between high and low. pay. I’ve started to google “cheap petrol near me” and will go to cheapest as long as it’s within 5-8 minutes distance
Use the App 'Petrol Spy' good app that will provide current prices for all servos near you.

What is frustrating is that in any other industry price differences like this and the way the prices 'moves' would trigger an investigation by the ACCC.

Use the App 'Petrol Spy' good app that will provide current prices for all servos near you.

What is frustrating is that in any other industry price differences like this and the way the prices 'moves' would trigger an investigation by the ACCC.
The ACCC is the whole problem. An absolute useless organisation who'll take the highest bidder every time

Some would argue that large variances in petrol price is a good thing - it's when all the retailers have similar prices that suggests price fixing. Phone a fellow retailer and tell him to "go for a drive" was a fairly unsubtle but common trick.

Regulators have tried to get a hold of the petrol industry forever - they even had a Royal Commission in the 70s.

That’s pretty much what I do although just go through a website not an app

I've had the pleasure of being a passenger in a race car on a track.
I'll tell you what, the skills these guys have are insane.
One of the scariest things I've ever been a part of.

Also all the technology. The passion the pit crews and teams have.
etc. etc.

It's really not just cars going round in circles.

Good point - they're not going around in a circle at all. It's not even close to a circle. He's not very good at maths, otherwise I'm with manicpie.

1729642958429.png

Good point - they're not going around in a circle at all. It's not even close to a circle. He's not very good at maths, otherwise I'm with manicpie.

View attachment 2150137
It's my cat you have to convince. She jumped at the screen twice thinking they were going round in circles. Now she looks like a pug

I've grown hateful in my dotage, but there was a time when I loved Brock and Bathurst and racing in general.

I used to tramp around the car lots in Frankston asking for posters and stickers. May have stolen a Holden flag.

1987 was an incredible race. Brock suffered a horror show and managed to claw back into third in wet conditions because he was ballsy and/or crazy.

He was made the winner on a technicality later on, I think.

The only time I have ever thought motor sport was in any way interesting (am sometimes forced to watched as my father-in-law loves it) was when the V8s had races where the fastest cars/drivers started at the back of the grid and the race was run in torrential rain.

It's my cat you have to convince. She jumped at the screen twice thinking they were going round in circles. Now she looks like a pug
That's actually comforting. I was worried because thought I was agreeing with you about car racing, but I'm happy that it's only your cat that shares my opinion.

The only time I have ever thought motor sport was in any way interesting (am sometimes forced to watched as my father-in-law loves it) was when the V8s had races where the fastest cars/drivers started at the back of the grid and the race was run in torrential rain.
I'm usually with you, but Darrell Eastlake combined with nutters on petrol fumes could be entertaining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t justify a new thread - still want to post it though, (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back