Can Fevola kick 8 next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fev has kicked

8 x 2 times
7 x 3 times and
6 x 2 times this year

Has kicked 8 goals against the Hawks in 2006 and other games of 6, 4 and 3 in the last few years...

Not out of the question but I certainly wouldnt put my house on it seeing as the hawks will now where the ball is headed most of the night...

If he couldn't kick 4-5 last night, then he can't kick 4-5 next week.

Merret has a good history playing on Fev. Does a very good job on him. Probably one of the four backman in the comp along with Mcpharlin, Glass and Rutten who make it really hard for him to kick bags of goals.

I think he'd be much happier to be playing against Hawthorn's defence tbh. Not saying he'll get the 8, but for you to say he won't get 4-5 goals because he didn't vs the Lions is just stupid logic.

Merret has a good history playing on Fev. Does a very good job on him. Probably one of the four backman in the comp along with Mcpharlin, Glass and Rutten who make it really hard for him to kick bags of goals.

I think he'd be much happier to be playing against Hawthorn's defence tbh. Not saying he'll get the 8, but for you to say he won't get 4-5 goals because he didn't vs the Lions is just stupid logic.

So you think Merret is a better defender than Croad ?

(I hope Fev kicks his ton TBH. He's a knucklehead, but he's one of my favorite opposition players.)

I would also like to see him kick his ton but he blew it this week and Croad will shut him down next week so he won't get it unfortunately. Having two ton goalkickers this season would have been great too.

Fev played on Croad last year and kicked 3 out of the team's 12 goals, so I think it can be fairly said that he did a pretty good job on him. Croad's in red hot form this year and I don't think the blues will handle the cluster well, which means there won't be alot of footy going in there.

whats your point, fevola is the superior full forward.

am i missing something here????

He is saying that Bradshaw kicked 7.
In other threads everyone thinks Fev is better.
If Fev is better than Bradshaw then he will kick more goals (ie more than 7)

I liked it :)

However, Bradshaw did kick his on Brown and Fev will probably get Croad. Would love to see Fev kick the ton though. Is undisciplined, gives away fifties, makes mistakes but you just gotta love him :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love him to but no. Just no. From what I have seen, Hawthorn's defensive gameplan (the cluster or whatever) usually makes it very hard for opposition big forwards. There have been some exceptions like Riewoldt and Richo dominating but they play a bit differently to Fev. Really hope he can find a way though.

l would love him to but l think 4-5 is the more realistic figure, our delivery to him on Saturday at times was woeful especailly a couple of kicks by Stevo when he was well out in front on a lead. l was hoping for 6 against the Lions with an achievable 4 against the Dawks.

Fev's PB is 8 goals on about 5 or 6 occassions but l think you will find that these were all on the "G" which has a bit more room to move in.

Good luck Fev!

Carlton have nothing to play for, why dont we do everythign we can to help Fev get his 100, kick it to him every time, dont worry bout any of our other forwards. Fev should set up camp 35 metres out from goal, dont play out of the goal square, it will be easier for him to get a kick from there and having shots from 50-55 then if he was coming out of the square where there is a more of a chance the space will be taken.

Carlton have nothing to play for, why dont we do everythign we can to help Fev get his 100, kick it to him every time, dont worry bout any of our other forwards. Fev should set up camp 35 metres out from goal, dont play out of the goal square, it will be easier for him to get a kick from there and having shots from 50-55 then if he was coming out of the square where there is a more of a chance the space will be taken.

Then it'll become so obvious that Hawthorn will double or triple team him on every occasion. ;)

He won't as he will have three players on him.
I hope he agrees to make dummy leads in the 1st quarter & Carlton get off to a flyer.
maybe when Hawthorn stop concentrating on him he will kick a few.
I get the feeling he will kick 5 & finish a highly successfull year for himself & the Blues.

I hope we rest Croad, Buddy gets his ton in the first and then sits out the rest of the game and Fev gets his ton (but in a losing side).

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Fevola kick 8 next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back