Can Fevola kick 8 next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bradshaw kicked 7 yet Fevola has no chance to kick 8... ahh forget it, some things don't need to be spelled out... if you couldn't get that then god help you!

Fev wont be playing on Campbell Brown like Bradshaw did.

If his mids give him good service it wont matter if Croad or SOS were playing on him. If he gets the pill, he will kick goals.

The reason he probably wont get the 8 (aside from Croady being a good defender), is that The Hawks should be looking to have the best of this game and dominate possession, thus denying Fev too many clean entries inside 50.

Fev has kicked

8 x 2 times
7 x 3 times and
6 x 2 times this year

Has kicked 8 goals against the Hawks in 2006 and other games of 6, 4 and 3 in the last few years...

Not out of the question but I certainly wouldnt put my house on it seeing as the hawks will now where the ball is headed most of the night...
8 x 2 times vs Collingwood/Essendon
7 x 2 times vs Collingwood/Essendon
The only way he could get to his 100 this week is if he is playing against Collingwood or Essendon..
But......
If Buddy is having a day out 6 or 7 goals dont be surprised to see Thomas Murphy or Rick Ladson line up on Fev during junk time ;)..
I would love to see Fev get there, he is a character, like his style...

Hodge will be back in the side.

Croad has only had one bag kicked on him this year (Riewoldt).

Carlton only have 1 power forward.

These 3 things will make me think that Fev has no chance at kicking 8.

On the Buddy side of things - forgive my ignorance Carlton supporters - who will be manning up on him? Who will drop into his space?

People were saying he was no chance, which was absolutely ridiculous.

He was far far closer to being no chance than he was to being a good or realistic chance.

I gave him no chance given he could only manage 2 last week. He kicked 2 goals in 6 quarters of footy. That sealed his fate.

He was far far closer to being no chance than he was to being a good or realistic chance.

But he wasn't.

He kicked 7.3. What was more spectacular is that he did it after half time.

I gave him no chance given he could only manage 2 last week. He kicked 2 goals in 6 quarters of footy. That sealed his fate.

You could point to anything throughout the season. From 6 behinds vs Collingwood, to his lack of opportunities in the first half vs Hawthorn, to some of his dummy spits while the ball was still in play.

Regardless, he was very, very close. He was always capable of kicking a bag, because he has that ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Fevola kick 8 next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back