Can Richmond go back to back? # Did overconfidence cost them against Collingwood #

Did overconfidence cost Richmond the win against Collingwood?

• yes

Votes: 75 61.5%
  • no

Votes: 47 38.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't bothered reading probably close to 30 pages of trolling but Richmond going back to back is a very good chance. In fact i think if GWS don't flick the switch this year then Richmond will cruise through the finals and the margin on GF day will be significantly more than last year, in Richmond's favour. I can also see Sydney challenging come finals, but the loss of their ruckman may hurt those chances.

In order of who i think will do it this year;

1. Richmond

Daylight

2. GWS
3. Sydney
4. Port

So hard to tell beyond that point.

God, I hate reasonable, well-thought opinions. They have no place on BigFooty!

It probably won't happen - it's only happened 29 times out of a possible 120 seasons. Richmond are....(checks odds) 3rd favorite - about 6/1.

Seems about right.

Replying to the question of the thread, Can Richmond go back to back. Yes.
Will it happen? I stand by my original claim.

Just stay humble for now.

Baffling post. We won the flag because Jack sacrificed his own game. His role in the forward line was to make sure opposition defenders didn’t mark it, and he did that perfectly.
But how will Jacks (it's all about me) personality go down now Richmond has finally tasted success? I'm sure you think it'll all be fine and dandy but it doesn't take much for factions to form within a playing group.

But how will Jacks (it's all about me) personality go down now Richmond has finally tasted success? I'm sure you think it'll all be fine and dandy but it doesn't take much for factions to form within a playing group.
Yeah yeah I see, Premiership teams culture going downhill, just like the bulldogs and... wait a minute.

Could easily see them going it again. Reckon all you need now-days in the post GWS/GC era is a set of stars (Dusty, Cotchin, Rance and Riewoldt) a supporting cast of experienced average to good players that on their day can provide a bit of pressure and a decent game-plan. Now they'd probably be 8 or so teams in the comp that could say they've got those things but considering Richmond did just put it all together they'd be the front-runners.
There are some very good 'average to good' players at Richmond, not just the big 4. Vlaustin, Astbury, Grimes, Houli, Edwards, Prestia, Caddy, Nankervis, Rioli, Graham, Grigg and a few others have been around a while or are emerging. They are not superstars but they were bloody good last year. Players like Grimes are seriously underrated because they are not fashionable. He never loses a contest, very much like Boyd or Morris from the Doggies, they don't give and inch. Vlaustin the same.

My point is that it's always Jack holding the cake, he acts like he's the star of the team and he isn't even close.

True,

It is hard to be a star of a team that has 4 all time greats.

I guess that is why we won the flag, so many stars

I don’t really care as much as I did last year if we win it again. Never thought I’d see us win a flag given the 37 years prior.

However the psycho in me wants us to win it just so I can enjoy how much it would break people on BF

Thankfully we do not have Bux at the helm to work them all out lol

There are some very good 'average to good' players at Richmond, not just the big 4. Vlaustin, Astbury, Grimes, Houli, Edwards, Prestia, Caddy, Nankervis, Rioli, Graham, Grigg and a few others have been around a while or are emerging. They are not superstars but they were bloody good last year. Players like Grimes are seriously underrated because they are not fashionable. He never loses a contest, very much like Boyd or Morris from the Doggies, they don't give and inch. Vlaustin the same.
That’s all you need though. An A grade defender (Rance), an A grade forward (Riewoldt), and two A grade midfielders (Martin & Cotchin). The rest of the group need to be good, but they need to be able to play their position well, which they do, and fit into the gameplan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I guess youre right. There was a cake brought in 1 time and he was the one holding it. Seriously this has to be one of the dumbest thing Ive seen.

And he is a star of the team. Hes one of the 3 players in the leadership group (with Rance and Cotch). He has 2 colemans, 2 AA and a best and fairest.
Jack, Rance, Cotch and Dusty are the stars.

I still donts see what you are mad about? "Oh no someone has an outgoing personality! Im gonna go sook about it"
How does this effect how Richmond play? Does it seem like his teammates dislike it and have a problem with it? Does it seem to cause issues when playing? Does anyone but you have any issue with it?

Spot on. Poster is falling victim to a cognitive distortion. He/She is basically assuming that Jack is thinking “I’m all that”, from behaviour, when from what we know, we as a species are absolutely appalling at explaining behaviour.

For all Buckleys faults his coaching record is probably better than Dimmas at the same stage.

One coach built his team from the bottom 4 to a flag.
The other coach took his team from a flag to the bottom 6.

I'll let you work out which is which.

One coach built his team from the bottom 4 to a flag.
The other coach took his team from a flag to the bottom 6.

I'll let you work out which is which.
We'd played off in the previous 2 GFs before Buckley took over, did you expect us to stay up for ever? 2 GFs and a prelim is a lot more than most lists net, sometimes 18th is closer to flag than the reigning premiers.

So angry.

So very, very angry.
Could either of you 2 imagine your clubs' achieving success without Dank's potions.
Little Geelong hasn't since the 1960s. Essendon, not since they cheated the salary cap in the 1990s. In fact, I don't know how long it's been since Essendon won a premiership without cheating. It must amaze Essendon and Geelong supporters how noble Richmond can do it fair a square. No wonder you're both filled with fear and loathing.

Why so angry after winning a flag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back