Discussion Can We Rule Out Mick?

Remove this Banner Ad

LadyPants

Cancelled
Jun 14, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
This emotion at winning a prelim at what will be his second last match coaching the enemy probably rules him out coming to us next year, he has too great a bond now with them...

[YOUTUBE]fQoQQAF1lfo[/YOUTUBE]

I doubt we would get him but I'm not really that keen on him coaching us anyway.

For a start he would probably cost a packet and he is coming to the end of his coaching career so I'd have doubts about him being committed to us in the long term. He would be like Malcolm Blight just looking to top up his super with a nice fat pay cheque with no genuine interest in helping our club.

Would rather we go for a younger untried assistant coach like Hinkley or Watters who would be in for the long haul and hungry to make their mark as an AFL coach.

I don't think you can.

. I think its been the plan...thus the 4 weeks, and thus the rumours of pre-disscussions with him and the possibility that Ross got tailwind of that, thus the now....

We can.

But NO.

Some dignity please for Steven Milne.

And Stevie would be peeved

Malthouse just said on GameDay he won't coach again. He said "there's no perhaps, it's NO."

I seriously think we should go after Ken Hinkley has experience with young players, has good knowledge on what to look for in young players and will help with drafting as well and in my opinion is what we need at the moment as really only last year did we draft players that look really promising.

Another name that hasn't been brought up much is Gary Ayres? proven AFL coach, fantastic if not the best VFL Coach going around at the moment has a fantastic football brain why not go after some of these guys.

Just a thought.

I am a fan of Ken Hinkley. Just always seems to miss out on the top job. There are still a few good options left to choose from which is positive, even though St.kilda is the last team to choose it's coach for next season.

Looks like no chance for Malthouse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I like hinkley. I think generally (with exceptions), good coaches have been good players as well. Chris Scott won B&F at lions, mark Thompson was captain, worsfold, malthouse, eade, Matthews, et al.

Hinkley came 3rd in brownlow and was an AA at his time. he had good skills as well, so one thing he can do is improve football skills/polish of the players - 1 area where saints are sorely lacking.

Mick's walked...... got to interview him,

He's also stated he doesn't want to coach again.

"I know what I'm not doing, I'm not coaching and I won't be at Collingwood," Malthouse said.

yes Blight mk2 sounds refreshing, maybe Mick could work at the Hun instead of going to the golf range.

He's also stated he doesn't want to coach again.

Lets be honest now, if he said he wanted to coach again a few days before the Grand Final what would that do for the players? Knowing there coach has his mind on other things, really he had no choice but to say no to that question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Can We Rule Out Mick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back