Cardinal Pell honorary role with Richmond - Is this the last straw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard from a reliable source that the evidence against him is strong, although unfortunately one of the alleged victims has died before it could come to trial. I don't think it is one victim that is involved in this trial.

I agree that there should be a presumption of innocence until found guilty. If he is found guilty then for then for the club to make a strong statement. Just hope does not turn into an OJ situation if he gets off.
Reading the recent reports it all reads dodgy and manifested lies , so much that the victim claimed events occurred in a room that didn’t exist. Pell fortunately has a reliable witness, but he needs to get passed the ABC guilty verdict before trial bc he’s Catholic.
I would be stunned if he’s done any of this , but after all the other cases that have happened with recent celebrities anything is possible. Still we know zilch and he is IUPG and I couldn’t give a damn about hearsay in these topics as it happened to a colleague of mine when some ****** tried to pin him . It was cleared up eventually, but it took its toll on him. Social media is also full of imbeciles who all have an opinion, but it means SFA as the reality is it’s all irrelevant as it has nothing to do with the investigation and trial.

However much the left/the gays/ABC/anti-Catholics and all the other usual suspects might be bringing on the downfall of civilisation, the findings of the Royal Commission should have been enough to dissociate ourselves from Pell (who we shouldn't have given such a role to in the first place).

The Vatican has given him leave from his positions while he faces charges, we should likewise suspend him from ours. But either way, after the trial, drop him for being a piece of shit.

Your hatred for religion has basically given you the green light to make a person guilty before having the chance to be proven innocent which is wrong.

But I’m Greek Orthodox and in our Christian religion, our priests can be married, have children and have sex with women.
Paediohiles have consisted of married men with children. They hide in all forms especially among homosexuals as statistics have shown.

It's a pretty loaded situation for the club.
I was imagining what Eddie McGuire would be like if Pell was associated with them, I think he'd have his face infront of any camera that was on saying he'd let due process run its course and all that, which would probably give me the shits. In a way not unlike how annoyed me when the afl sacked those guys because they had affairs.
I don't want to be told what the "right thing to do is" and I'd prefer if the club didn't take up a position on what "the right thing to do is".
Instead of saying crack it at the club I should have said not give them some heat about it.
I haven't slept well on this and I just want to be clear about it.
To anybody who had read this, I absolutely believe it is the right thing to do to hold any perp or person who attempts to cover up any sex offence to be made to stand in the truth on the matter and be held to account and to be imprisoned if responsible.
I'd imagine any survivor of sexual violence as a kid, particularly a Richmond member would be deeply offended to see Pell keep that position while this is going on. It would probably contribute to more suffering.
Even though I'm less sure of what the club should do I just want say that I acknowledge that and I wont understand fully the way something like that might affect a survivor, I acknowledge them.

I haven't slept well on this and I just want to be clear about it.
To anybody who had read this, I absolutely believe it is the right thing to do to hold any perp or person who attempts to cover up any sex offence to be made to stand in the truth on the matter and be held to account and to be imprisoned if responsible.
I'd imagine any survivor of sexual violence as a kid, particularly a Richmond member would be deeply offended to see Pell keep that position while this is going on. It would probably contribute to more suffering.
Even though I'm less sure of what the club should do I just want say that I acknowledge that and I wont understand fully the way something like that might affect a survivor, I acknowledge them.
Pell actually disclosed sex offenders and peds and worked with the police and the church to clean it all up. He was the first man in the Catholic Church to clean it all up and now he’s being persecuted for it. Since Pell was archbishop of Melbourne there have been no new cases or offenders. The person who ignored it all was the Knighted Archbishop in Sir Frank Little who swept everything under the carpet and allowed the church to run amok so much that he supported homosexuality and other acts against the Catholic order .
Pell was left with the mess whilst the Poms knighted Frank Little.

What actual role/title/association does he hold with the club ?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vice Patron, a ex-officio role.

I thought it was something like that

- basically someone who has risen to a prominent role in their field and has a loose association with the club - ie walked past Punt Rd a couple of times - so the club puts their name on a board/sign somewhere ...

I thought it was something like that

- basically someone who has risen to a prominent role in their field and has a loose association with the club - ie walked past Punt Rd a couple of times - so the club puts their name on a board/sign somewhere ...
Fox Footy describes the role as
Prominent public figures from politics, law, business and other walks of life who lend their name to the club
so basically yeah

Pell actually disclosed sex offenders and peds and worked with the police and the church to clean it all up. He was the first man in the Catholic Church to clean it all up and now he’s being persecuted for it. Since Pell was archbishop of Melbourne there have been no new cases or offenders. The person who ignored it all was the Knighted Archbishop in Sir Frank Little who swept everything under the carpet and allowed the church to run amok so much that he supported homosexuality and other acts against the Catholic order .
Pell was left with the mess whilst the Poms knighted Frank Little.
Im not pushing a view on the situation, I just don't want to contribute to anybody's pain/suffering cause my comments might seem insensitive.

All I will say is that if you are actually annoyed by this then write to the club, give you membership number be respectful and get your point across.

If enough people do that then they will move him on.

All else failing I have benny gales mobile number :p

Im not pushing a view on the situation, I just don't want to contribute to anybody's pain/suffering cause my comments might seem insensitive.
No offence taken mate as i have thick skin. I'm not saying he's innocent or guilty, but he started the work in cleaning up the church in these scandals.
I would prefer the club just suspended his position until the trial is over so threads like this don't get out of control.

No offence taken mate as i have thick skin. I'm not saying he's innocent or guilty, but he started the work in cleaning up the church in these scandals.
I would prefer the club just suspended his position until the trial is over so threads like this don't get out of control.
Yeah, it's a powder keg.
I know he's done a lot of good...I got an Aunt who's a Josephite and cousins in SA involved in the Passionists Order and on the other hand the high school I went to (one of em) was sold to help fund court costs and my chick is a forensic psyc who works in corrections Vic with sex perps.
The Pell situation is a big deal and like its been said the world is watching. So are the people who's lives have been affected and they, in my view are the most important.
I spose that includes Pell to some degree.
I think everyone has done well not to post inflammatory comments and to stay on point with the OP.
Just hope the media don't try to stir the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back