Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

is anyone a bit concerned that Rice has been visiting St kilda once a week to work on his football, yet he has only been to a dinner function at carlton? surely we should be getting him in more frequently
maybe he's not that hungry....

Neither Rice or SOSOS playing champs this week. Rice out with shoulder injury & SOSOS out for "rotation".
Good stuff... that should remove them a bit from the eye of the recruiters.

Agree. Preston, Coburg, Frankston and Box Hill are the places that really have it going on, on a cold, wintery Sunday......
Preston is always rocking on a cold winter Sunday :p

ducking down to the markets at half time for a dozen hot jam doughnuts was the best!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are saying this is the weakest draft they can recall...Does this force us to pay overs?

Sent from my ZTE T82 using Tapatalk
It's just garbage because no one rates the Metro squad. The Vic Country squad is about as strong as it's ever seen it, which takes the edge off that, but honestly the revolving door that is the Metro team makes for a garbage performance, especially if they start slow because they can't put anyone behind the ball.

The weakest drafts of the last 10 or so years have been 2004 and 2008, yet others in that period have been dubbed as weak or weaker, yet have stood the test of time. I call bullshit on anyone who is making such huge claims on the draft pool at this point. The whole 'metro is shit; draft is shit' analogy doesn't wash with me.

When you have a large number of mids and KPPs rated in the top 20, you know that the draft isnt that shallow.

And then you start reading the stories of guys coming out of nowhere and staking a top 20 claim (like Keiran Collins), you have to start wondering if some of the recruiters that the media are talking to are just trying to fox things about a bit to try and protect the guys that they have their eye on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back