Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably not a bad comparison. Will be a pretty good 3rd tall forward or back.
From the limited game time I have seen of him he kicks the ball better than his old man.
His old man was far from a shit kick, just rarely found himself in space forward of the ball, what with all the defensive duties and being one of the greatest full backs of all time. :p

My daughter was in amongst the people commentating on the U18 match in WA today.
She heard one of the commentators say this years draft is so bad they will scape the bottom of the barrel well before pick 60. So the competition for Rice and SOSOS will be a lot higher than if it had been in a strong draft like 2014. He won't be a 3rd or 4th round pick. Second round at the worst.

People say that around this time every year. Players will show themselves through the championships. There is still 25 players x4 top tier teams and then the B grade squads. Not to mentioms TAC players from Vic outside the two state squads.

Although with WA being so shit this year it might be a leaner year. But conversely Victoria (Country and Metro) have been beaten by SA and WA routinely over the last few years so it could just be a case that there are more talented Vic this year than usual.

My daughter was in amongst the people commentating on the U18 match in WA today.
She heard one of the commentators say this years draft is so bad they will scape the bottom of the barrel well before pick 60. So the competition for Rice and SOSOS will be a lot higher than if it had been in a strong draft like 2014. He won't be a 3rd or 4th round pick. Second round at the worst.

The other way to look at it is good for us .
Shallow draft or not , there will always be premium talent at the pointy end where we will be this year courtesy of our ladder position .
Add to that the strong possibility of SOS trading for further top end picks and a discount on 2 promising f/s and we can own the draft , taking the available top shelf talent and leaving the other clubs to scrap over reportedly skinnier pickings .
Net result , CFC get a big quality spike youth wise over the rest which will pay off in the big picture going forward over the next few years in our climb back to challenger status .
SOS knows the value of high draft picks in building a serious list and it appears that he has the license to attain them ... all we have to lose is 18th place and a poor overall list .

I'm hearing the opposite to a lot of people on here re: Jack Silvagni.

A person who I trust that watches him every week says that it's all hype (not that it wouldn't be at under 16's level) and that if his name wasn't Silvagni, he wouldn't stand out nearly as much as people make out that he does.

I hope he's wrong, but as I said, he watches him play on a weekly basis.

Who is the guy 3rd from the left :confused: :D

994483_1527476520800339_354481896584134263_n.jpg

Pic taken at the Women Of Carlton Function 'Night with the boys' this week!

SOSOSOSOSOS!
Any chance of reposting snap? Please Aph.

I'm not so sure about that. And Jack did kick 6 against a very very weak WA team.

Maybe a stupid question but if he is only 17 does Jack have to nominate for the draft this year ? Is it better for us if he does ie. Take him in a weaker draft

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe a stupid question but if he is only 17 does Jack have to nominate for the draft this year ? Is it better for us if he does ie. Take him in a weaker draft

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He doesnt have to obviously, but he is elligible this year. Why waste a year of development we could put into him, and also if you were wanting to become a AFL footballer, would you postpone being drafted for a year? i wouldnt.

Sam Sheldon has shown this to be the case.

Watching the replay on fox footy. 3 goals up until 3/4 time. First time I've seen play. Runs like sos, has great hands like sos, kicks goals like sos. Looks impressive.

Same and just saw SOS smiling in the stands after Jack kicked a goal in the 3rd.

#SOSOS

Watching the replay on fox footy. SOS Jr has 3 goals up until 3/4 time. First time I've seen play. Runs like sos, has great hands like sos, kicks goals like sos. Looks impressive.
He has the pigeon toed run?

Good news my friends, Bryce Gibbs and his partner have just announced the arrival of their amazing baby blue boy :D

Another product of the Navy Blue Football Factory! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back