Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You're welcome :)

994483_1527476520800339_354481896584134263_n.jpg

#SOSLINGS

Just wondering. Do you think if I hung around them enough I could get a few of their offcasts once they start hitting the pubs and clubs

Bloody good looking set of roosters !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted this in one of the phantom draft threads if anyones interested......

"Played for dandy on Saturday and was just about their best player. The more I watch him, the more I like him.
Thought he was a bit 'meh' the first time, boring small HB who doesn't win much of the ball or create much drive out of defence... But he's more than that. He's not boring, just simple. Beats his man consistently, hard at the contest always, decent contested mark for his height. It's his disposal and decision making that I didn't pick up on in the first game that has really impressed me, it's brilliant.
Not creative/breathtaking in a Houli or Steve Johnston way, but just makes the right choice and hits his target, again and again and again. Simply doesn't waste one. At worst he kicks it 50m to a one on one and still gives full advantage towards his teammate allowing him a genuine attempt to mark it.
I know HBF/BP's are not sexy unless they dash out of defence a million miles an hour, but someone's gotta play that lock down role and I think he's going to play that role perfectly.

Whichever team he chooses"

Just wondering. Do you think if I hung around them enough I could get a few of their offcasts once they start hitting the pubs and clubs

Bloody good looking set of roosters !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I suppose their mum is Jo Bailey!! They have their mum's good looks and hopefully their dad's playing ability!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the replay on fox footy. SOS Jr has 3 goals up until 3/4 time. First time I've seen play. Runs like sos, has great hands like sos, kicks goals like sos. Looks impressive.
There was one passage where he ran and dived for a mark near the boundary in the first quarter and it was like watching SOS.

WTF is going on SOS, you the list manager and you got your son playing like a champ! Feed the kid burgers before the game for the rest of the year! Make him look slow? *shakes head*

So assuming we pick up SOSOS via FS..... who wears the number 1 guernsey in 2016? Walks or SOSOS?

Half expecting Walker to pull the pin at season's end. His kicking is looking pretty untidy at the moment, presumably due to his dodgy knee.

If he can't get back into some solid form he'll be overtaken by Buckley, Byrne, Sheehan, Boek etc.

Also, any chance of a Collingwood/Essendon picking SOSOS with a first round pick, knowing we'd never let a Silvangni go play for the scum and forcing us to pay some overs?

We did pick force the Pies to use pick 8 on Moore after all...

Pretty sure Moore was rated top 10-12, so not a massive stretch for the Pies to give up Pick 8.

If we rate SOSOS around 30-45, we're not going to give up pick 19 for him, no matter who his father is. We'll let them take him and he can walk back to us in 2 years time after they've given him a few pre-seasons.

Pretty sure Moore was rated top 10-12, so not a massive stretch for the Pies to give up Pick 8.

If we rate SOSOS around 30-45, we're not going to give up pick 19 for him, no matter who his father is. We'll let them take him and he can walk back to us in 2 years time after they've given him a few pre-seasons.

Will any club risk picking Silvagni?

It's a massive risk for them.

I would hope that we have decided well in advance of draft day what we are prepared to give up, if he goes before that, the risk is with the other club.

He's underdeveloped and probably wouldn't play for at least two years (unless it's Essendon), he also may not be any good, if he is he may just ride out his contract for two years before he can return to Carlton and possibly play with his brother.

We hold almost all the aces here, I hope we play it that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back